View Poll Results: What Suspension would you get?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • H & R Sports w/ Bilstein Sports

14 70.00%
  • Dinan Stage I (Springs w/ Koni Adjustables)

4 20.00%
  • Eibach Sports w/ Koni Adjustables

2 10.00%
  • Intrax Sports w/ Bilstein Sports

0 0%

Thread: Suspension Poll

I am in the market to upgrade my stock suspension. I currently looking at the following options. Thanks for your input.

What qualities are you looking for in a suspension upgrade?

For example:

*Amount Lowered
    *Ride Quality
    *Adjustability
    *Street vs. Street w/ some track use

Let us know what you are looking for..

Unhappy

I was going to get the Dinan Stage I, but it is expensive and it doesn't eliminate the front fender gap. So then, after searching the archives all over the net, I was leaning toward the H & R Sports w/ Bilsteins, but some people say it stiffens up the ride a lot.

I don't race, unless I'm on a Malibu Canyon Run!!! j/k.

When I comes down too it, Ride quality is important. (Los Angeles)

I don't really see myself adjusting my shocks a whole lot.
    Who ever has the Koni's; Do you adjust them?

Help! What should I do? I am such a bitch.

My Cars
    2012 E350

Coilovers

Im going to wait and get coilovers. IF im going to spend 900, why not spend 1500?

My Cars
    2020 X3M Competition
    Personally, I choose the H&R Coilover setup.... I'm going to get that when I get the cash.
    Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by hundreds of engineers that get paid thousands of dollars for something you bought at Pep Boys because your buddy who doesn't have a job told you it was 'better'?!?

So more the less you are looking to lower the car w/o too many trade offs....

You are headed down the coilover path my friend. Complete with excellent handling and ride but tainted by the cost.

But, if you pay 30k plus for the car, whats another 1500, lol.

You can also look into the ground control coilover setup like i am, but i can't seem to find too many opinions on the kit. Right price, right parts, and apparently the right customer support, but i just can't make a final decision. Tough part is i really like the handling of the car (stock '95 w/ eibach sways) but i would like a tad less ride height and a little stiffer dampening. Thats why i want the gc's because i can corner weight the car and install the single adj koni's and fine tune to my liking.

My Cars
    96' 993 911 C2
    If comfortablilty is near the top of ur list, then definately spend the extra cash and get H&R coilovers. I have them on my car and it's only slighty less comfortable than stock. Plus, i can change the ride height!! Also, the dual spring coilovers should be even more comfortable.

jimmy

My Cars
    95 M3
    I've gone through several suspension setups, and I have to say that the H&R Coilover kit is the best by far.
    It's worth every penny. If you're a serious enthusiast, you will eventually end up with a coil-over setup for their sheer adjustability (corner weighting). They also have the added benefit of having a more supple ride than any other combo I've had. Why not save the hassle and money and go for the gold?

If you want a pic, check out my website

www.alantaur.com

Hope this helps.

My Cars
    Ford Exploder
    I am also looking into the coilover setup. I like the H&R setup but I think I am going to go with the BMP Coilovers. They look pretty good with true Koni adjustable coilover shocks and the springs are height adjustable front/rear and are made for BMP by someone else. ??? I am not sure who makes the springs but the price is right at around $1400. I will post a review as soon as I get them and install them.

Good luck with your decision...
    John

No more M3, Had to buy a family hauler to get cash for the new house. A momentary set back, but the M5 is coming soon.

Question

Does anyone know how low the car can get with the H&R Coilover Front and Back

My Cars
    2005 Mercedes-Benz C55 AMG

1.5"-2.5" in front and 1.0"-1.75" in the rear.
    Last edited by SDSilverM3; 03-04-2001 at 06:10 PM.

(CURRENT)'05 Mercedes-Benz C55 AMG
    Car: Alabaster White | Black Leather w/Birdseye Maple Trim | Lighting Package | NAV | Steel Carter Plate (Option 481)
    Mods: KW V2 Coilovers | 19x8.5F/19x9.5R BBS LM | Toyo T1R Tires (235/35/19F 265/30/19R) | Euroteck Carbon Fiber Front Lip | Evosport Painted Sidemarkers | OEM Flat Hood Emblem

(SOLD)99 M3 Titanium Silver Coupe//Dinan Intake//Dinan Stage 2 SW//AA Gen 3 Exhaust//H&R Coilovers//Ellipsoids with Xenons//BBS RC's

Drgn0679 Guest

I think Im gonna save & go w/the...

Koni + H&R coilover suspension. Expensive but I bet it's well worth the wait.

i have koni coilovers. you shouldn't ever adjust the shocks, they come dialed in to your springs, if you mess with it, it puts the spring/damper stuff out of whack. this is basically for if you change springs later. They ride better then the H&R's, and i think drop is about the same or lower (bigger drop that is)
    http://slgcc.vr9.com