Thread: Need New Seats, Any Suggestions?

My Cars
    1994 BMW 325is

Need New Seats, Any Suggestions?

My 94 325is seats are in terrible condition. I've had it quoted for reupholstering but that was $1200 and seemed very steep. The drivers seat looks as if it is beyond repair. It has a huge gash in it (i think the previous owner wore a pager/ cell phone which dug into it over time). Would buying replacement seats be cheaper? If so where could I find some? Any suggestions would be great

Barry

My Cars
    E46iT, MK6 TDi, Z31Chump
    You can.....re-dye/finish your seats with a product like leatherique, you can re-upholster your seats or you can swap out for some aftermarket seats.

My preferences for aftermarket seats goes like:
    1. Recaro ($$$$ very pricey, but you won't find a better seat)
    2. Cobra (great quality, Recaro mechanism, but still a little pricey)
    3. Corbeau (good, very reasonably priced seat. The Cr1 is probably the best value there is in aftermarket seats)
    4. Sparco (not really comfortable to me, I think they are over-hyped)

I always suggest sitting in each of the seats you are interested in. They only seat I would ever buy sight unseen are Recaro's. Go check the others out and find out which one you think is more comfortable.

My Cars
    93 325is
    or you can find some used vaders in decent condition for 700-900 in the classifieds down below.
    UUC|AC Schnitzer|AA|Ecis|Ground Control|Koni|H&R|Rieger|BMW Motorsport|Hamann|Pirelli

My Cars
    2017 M3, 95 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by nufy
    My 94 325is seats are in terrible condition. I've had it quoted for reupholstering but that was $1200 and seemed very steep. The drivers seat looks as if it is beyond repair. It has a huge gash in it (i think the previous owner wore a pager/ cell phone which dug into it over time). Would buying replacement seats be cheaper? If so where could I find some? Any suggestions would be great

Barry
    I'm in the same situation and my jaw dropped when I got the same quote you did. And I even asked about "other materials", lol. I said screw it and will hold out to buy some cr1's. I was trying to save money thinking redoing the seats would be cheaper but I was wrong. I'd rather pay less for some new seats, have a weight reduction and a "better" seat.

My Cars
    '01 M5,'95 325is,'82 320
    A really good upgrade for these cars is a nice set of sports or race seats. I have the Corbeau TRS', which is a sports/race seat. Still very very comfy, lots more grip then even a factory vader, and weighs only around 20lbs... netting a weight savings of over 100lbs over the factory sports, electric seats (86lbs a peice! WOWZERS).

Really changed the attitude of the car while driving... highly recommended.

Steve