RM European Auto Parts

Thread: Clunking/sliding drivers side seat fix???

My Cars
    2002 540i/6

Question Clunking/sliding drivers side seat fix???

When I go around turns it feels like my seat is moving both side to side and up and down a little. I recall others complaining of this problem a while ago but could not find any info on the cause or remedy. Has anyone experience this problem and what did you do to fix it?? The CPO ends this month so I could probably bring it to the stealer and see what they say but they will probably blame it on my "aftermarket stereo system" : . BTW, I tried tightening the frame rail bolts and that made no difference.
    95 M3 - SOLD
    02 540i/6 - SOLD
    '12 Audi A6

My Cars
    Bernmobile
    Mine is starting to do the same thing (the clunk), but at this point it is pretty mild. Just enough to be annoying, but not quite enough to tear into it. I would be interested in someone's solution as well. If you end up getting it fixed by someone, let us know how it turns out

Good luck!
    Bernman

My Cars
    ///M's
    Mine does it as well. Could it be some play in sliding rails?

My Cars
    2002 540i/6
    From what I remember it may have had something to do with replacing the rails and it supposedly was pretty expensive. That type of thing "should" be covered under warranty though. I don't trust my stealer enough to have them diagnose the problem. They probably will not be able to recreate it or say it is minimal movement. If I could tell them to "fix the rails, clips, etc..." they would have no choice. Hopefully someone has fixed this and can help us out.
    95 M3 - SOLD
    02 540i/6 - SOLD
    '12 Audi A6

My Cars
    Its definitely the rails, they bend after time. I don't have my warranty anymore, and I believe they told me something like $600 to fix both sides! Whatever it was, it was damn expensive, and something I can live with. However, all of you with CPO's, go get it fixed!
    Jared Krukar - 1995 BMW 318ti

My Cars
    1996 M3 lux, 1988 325
    Mine does this ever so slightly. I heard it had to do with some plastic thingy that eventually wore out or broke or something. Sort of like a plastic/teflon/nylon bearing/slider.
    == Stable mates ==
    -1996 M3 Lux, bright red (hellrot), Modena interior. Aus Freude Am Fahren!

-1988 325, Alpenweiss. The commuter.
    BMW HOWTOs