Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: M3, Civic Type-r, AE86, S13

My Cars
    Old Ones

M3, Civic Type-r, AE86, S13

OK this is not really a kill it is more like just a fun night, last night myself and the rest of cooworkers and boss went for some canyon runs, the two mechanics were driving a green s13 240sx and the other a red ae86 both with really stiff suspension and expensive lsd and good drivers, they led thruogh the twisties, behind them was my boss in our race prepped Honda Civic Type-r, he was the most fun to watch, and in the back was me in my e36, I have not had this much fun for so long, we went through miles of twisties, with hairpins sweepers and all kinds of road changes, on the first set of turns i hear exhaust getting louder and i see the lead car start to pull away then the next and finally the civic is going, I start off towards the turn behind the ctr and downshift to second then punch it out of the turn im right behind the civic watching the cars in front throwing themselves into turns, it was so exciting, for the next hour or so we were just hitting up all kinds of roads then the two mechanics switched places and we got to watch a little race between the two, I was able to experience how well the m3 is balanced from bmw, all I have on the car is michelin pilot ps2 tires, and the car gripped like crazy, very fast through every turn, had no problem keeping up whatsoever, the only problem was that I was so close to the civic that I kept getting rocks thrown up on my car, it sounded like a hail storm lol But that was the only damper of the night, that is why in these pics my car has the bra on, I know it looks gay but it saved my paint! I took these this morning.
    Attached Images Attached Images

My Cars
    Old Ones
    Another

My Cars
    Old Ones
    Last...

My Cars
    E46 M3 JB 6spd stick
    I think it's called a civic sir

It's funny, this reminds me of a type-r civic story. My friend (who was driving a pimped denali on 20" chromes) was stopped behind a parking spot, in the parking lot of the mall, this asian fella in his civic, started reversing out of his parking stall while talking on the phone, and he reversed right into our standing still denali which wasn't at all that close to him, and we honked at him a second or two before he reversed into the front of our car. My friend the owner of the denali, got PISSED (mind you, he's like 250 pounds, 6 foot 3) he was pissed ! His new 6,000 paint job got scratched by the rear of this hb civics car, who had literally cracked his rear bumper, half of it was already i pieces on the ground.. Anyways, this ricer got out of his car, and his defence, he was yellin at us "it is a TYPE-R CAR and its very expensive" , It had bends/warps in most of his body panels, the body kit unpainted at the front, those stock black wheels without any caps, an oversized wing, and the classical type-R stickers, with a certified Type-R windshield wipers,so everyone knows its a type R, cause he works at a car shop, haha , that was funny stuff.. We had a good laugh at him, i've never really laughed at a ricer up infront of their face, oh lord it felt good, and luckily there was only a little of his paint on our front bumper , so we decided it's a 50/50, and we would not call the cops, and we just drove away, and later that afternoon buffed off the civics paint off the bumper.

My Cars
    '97 M3 / '93 Impreza
    Beautiful cars, that civic is nice and clean

My Cars
    '06 RX-8, '06 MX-5, '04 GTI 1.8T
    Quote Originally Posted by parad0x
    I think it's called a civic sir

SIRs don't have a 5 bolt pattern. I think we need to see the engine bay and the gauge cluster to determine what kind of civic this is. Don't jump to conclusions.
    Thomas / 97 M3 Sedan SOLD!

My Cars
    Old Ones
    Its a Japanese Civic Type-r 96-00 is the EK9 Civic Type-r's 92-95 are the EG6 Civic Sir II This is not an SIR, those are older this is a 96+ EK9R

My Cars
    Old Ones
    more..

My Cars
    Old Ones
    another//

My Cars
    Old Ones
    last

My Cars
    '06 RX-8, '06 MX-5, '04 GTI 1.8T
    Very nice!!!
    Thomas / 97 M3 Sedan SOLD!

My Cars
    E46 M3 JB 6spd stick
    SIRs don't have a 5 bolt pattern. I think we need to see the engine bay and the gauge cluster to determine what kind of civic this is. Don't jump to conclusions.
    Its a Japanese Civic Type-r 96-00 is the EK9 Civic Type-r's 92-95 are the EG6 Civic Sir II This is not an SIR, those are older this is a 96+ EK9R
    Dont know too much about the oversees versions of these civics, but thinking more about the majority of ones we see here in domestic, isint the SIR one of the newer gens? I remember a friend correcting me in my old car about this, where he said the SIR is like some 200hp version or something similer to that, where the normal SI's (older gen ones) dont come stock near the 200hp figure.

My Cars
    98 M3/4, 94 Civic EX Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by sportcarm3
    I thought something looked weird in the first pic in the first post--no left-hand driver's seat in the Civic. I initially thought it was a US body Civic with all the CTR internals/body panels. Is that CTR street legal? What's up with the yellow valve cover? I like the stock red one.

My Cars
    Old Ones
    Quote Originally Posted by biggafigga
    I thought something looked weird in the first pic in the first post--no left-hand driver's seat in the Civic. I initially thought it was a US body Civic with all the CTR internals/body panels. Is that CTR street legal? What's up with the yellow valve cover? I like the stock red one.
    Spoon sports is the yellow valve cover, we are an authorized distributor for them.

My Cars
    98 M3/4, 94 Civic EX Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by parad0x
    Dont know too much about the oversees versions of these civics, but thinking more about the majority of ones we see here in domestic, isint the SIR one of the newer gens? I remember a friend correcting me in my old car about this, where he said the SIR is like some 200hp version or something similer to that, where the normal SI's (older gen ones) dont come stock near the 200hp figure.
    Not sure about Canada's naming system. In Japan, the Civic Type-R engines are 190-200hp. I believe the older SiRIIs were in the 155-170hp range (older US del Sol Si range, 1999 US Civic Si coupe). I can't remember what the first SiRs (1989-1991 or so) were... maybe 150hp?

I believe Canada had a Civic Si coupe for the 92-95 body style, but the US did not. I don't know if Canada has an SiR. The new new Civic Si in the US has a high hp number, but it's not as large as the new new Japanese CTR.

My Cars
    99' 328i
    nice.. 3 white cars doin twisties

My Cars
    M3, 335i, X5, IS300
    what part of san diego did you take those pictures?
    Last edited by IS 300_M; 11-02-2004 at 06:08 PM.
    2002 IS 300
    2005 X5
    2008 335i

My Cars
    Dead 328is, 1997 M3
    its always nice to see people with nice J-spec cars that arent too overdone. love that s2k.

My Cars
    Old Ones
    We are in Vista, those pics were taken at the shop I work at.

www.sportcarmotion.com

My Cars
    98 M3/4
    1999-2000 Civic Si Coupe(US) has 160hp, 111torq.
    2001+ Civic Si Hatchback has 160hp, 136torq.

In canada the "Si" here in the states is reffered to as the "SiR" (my sister in law has one). And the "Ex" here in the states is a "Si" in canada. Also the 2000 Si coupes in US came only in Milano Red, Flaminco Black and Electron Blue.. Canada were Flaminco Black, Electron Blue and a type of grey. Canada doesnt have red, US doesnt have grey CTR's are beautiful cars

ps back a year or so ago i heard a rumor of them bringing the RSX-Type-R to the states (detunned of course) but i doubt any time soon, who knows....

My Cars
    All
    Where is the AE86?

My Cars
    M3
    Awesome, love the work emotions wheels and spoon brakes on the M. At least I think they are works.
    Steve

My Cars
    Old Ones
    Here is the ae86

My Cars
    Old Ones

My Cars
    Old Ones

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast