Harrison Motorsports

Thread: New front rotors? which ones?

My Cars
    98 M3/4

New front rotors? which ones?

Im probably gonna get new front rotors for my e36 but not sure which ones. What do you guys suggest? I need them to be able to fit with the stock M3 wheels, but want them big and vented. Im whilling to spend up to $500. any ideas? Thanks guys!

Need to fit in here

RIP...

My Cars
    BMW 323IS, 2004 X3 3.0i
    Just get stock oem M3 rotors. No need for the other crap. Order from www.bimmerparts.com or www.bimmerzone.com or pelicanparts.com

They are all BFC vendors. I usually order all my stuff from bimmerparts.com

[/b]

My Cars
    E36 M3
    agreed. don't bother with Zimmermans, etc, not worth it. Get stock as Dean says, or you can get OE style brembo's for something like $50 each. Just as good as stock.

My Cars
    E46
    get the brembo's, i put some on my honda and they're far better than stock ones. And yeah, zimmerman sucks, but if you're going for looks

Wheels in Sig are SSR GT3's 19" E46 M3 fitment. Dinan E46 M3 Suspension. Pic thanks to Kyle K.

My Cars
    mazda miata
    http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...splay.php?f=63

E36 m3 forum.

oorrrr THE SEARCH BUTTON

My Cars
    '00 528iT / '96 Dinan 740iL
    OE rotors are best. BMW engineers know what they're doing in this respect.

Def is offline Lead Disagreement Eng PE
    My Cars
    SW22, Volt
    Why do you need new front rotors?

Are you going to paint your stock calipers red?

My Cars
    98 M3/4
    lol, no. The front left rotor bearing is dried up. There is no lubricant in there. I put some in(stuffed as much as I could) but knew it wouldnt help, cuz it cant get to the bearing. So when I drive around it makes a loud noise(sounds like I got a after market exaust) also the floor under your feet kinda vibrates

By the way, when I took the wheel off I saw a line going to behind the rotor. Then I took the right one off and took the grease cap off and saw some clearish oil start to form behind the grease cap. Question is, do Bmw's self lubricate their rotor bearings? I've never seen any other cars with self lubricant rotors bearings. Because if that line is to lube the rotor bearings then it might be "pinched" somewhere so no lubricant is getting to it.
    Last edited by /\/\ Power; 10-31-2004 at 11:20 AM.

RIP...

My Cars
    SW22, Volt
    Take your car to a mechanic, sounds like you need a new hub. Really has nothing to do with rotors at all.

My Cars
    98 M3/4
    Well I was gonna order new rotors while fixing this but the actual problem is the bearing. Is there supposed to be grease in the hub? Cuz my front left one, has a bunch of dry white stuff (LOOKS like corosion(sp?), like u get on a battery) while the right wheel was clean with a lil bit of oil.

RIP...

My Cars
    SW22, Volt
    Not sure on E36's - I never messed with the hubs. Most cars have sealed bearings though, so you really shouldn't see any grease leaking out.

I suggest you take it to a mechanic, and if your rotors aren't worn, don't bother replacing them.

My Cars
    E46 M3
    Yea there shouldn't be any oil..I had to replace a bearing before on another m3 I had and it just made a noise like really loud tires...I don't remember any oil leaking or anything..sounds like someother kind of problem...

My Cars
    2010 335d
    Stock (OE) rotors or possibly ///Motorsport euro floating rotors are your best bet.

Pacific BMW gives good prices for the euro floating. I paid about $110 each last time I needed euro floating rotors.

My Cars
    98 M3/4
    cool. I picked up my new hub assembly kit today for $114 bucks so hopefully that will fix that annoying "large tire sound" as aMiR M3 stated. And I wont be paranoid that the left wheel might lock up at any moment and send me into incomming traffic Guess I'll keep myself from getting new rotors then. Wanna thank everyone for all the helpfull info tho!

RIP...