Avus Autosport
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Santa Barbara for halloween

My Cars
    1998 Titanium Silver M3

Santa Barbara for halloween

hey anyone have experiences about going to SB for halloween? I heard it's supposed to be crazy over there throughout the weekend, just wondering if it's worth the trip up there. Vegas or SB???
    1998 Titanium Silver M3

My Cars
    87/325i/e30 05/325ci/e4
    my buddy has a friend that goes to UCSB and he makes a trip to spend Halloween with him.. so far the review has been....

everywhere else with more people...

My Cars
    Soon to be turbo
    I've been going there the last couple weeks. I heard it's one of the biggest party in the U.S. during halloween. They said about 40k people were there last year.
    -Justin

My Cars
    2000 Z3 2.3, 2014 M235i
    Quote Originally Posted by mefunny
    I've been going there the last couple weeks. I heard it's one of the biggest party in the U.S. during halloween. They said about 40k people were there last year.

More than 40k lol.

Went last year with about 6 or 7 friends. We were all dressed in military gear, so much so, that a lot of people thought we were Anti riot units or something lol, good times good times.

some pics

http://sdairsoft.tripod.com/airsk38.htm

Suspension: Bilstein Sports, GC Coilover conversion, IE Subframe Bushings, IE RTABs, M roadster sways, M roadster front control arms, M roadster Front calipers/hubs.
    Engine/Driveline: M54B30 intake Manifold, Dinan CAI, ZHP Cams, Headers, Underdrive pulleys, Conforti Software, 3.46 diff.

My Cars
    miss my rieger 3, but love my new S2000!
    santa barbara has become what Chico used to be.

chico used to be the place to be in california for halloween...it was insane. i swear it was like trying to cram everyone in nyc into a small nor cal town. so much fun.

but the city council went overboard, started arresting people like crazy up here for all kinds of stuff. they turned off the lights, brought in over 400 officers, and blocked off streets.

i swear i was in nazi germany!

since then, more and more people have been migrating to SB. it is definetly the new place to be for halloween....i know lots of people that are going down there.
    ...'Cause every hand's a winner and every hand's a loser.
    And the best that you can hope for, is to die in your sleep'

My Cars
    S52 M Roadster
    i was going to head down but I have work

My Cars
    Yamaha R6, Avus E36, MBZ C230
    I've been hearing SB is mad fun for Halloween... I talked to my UCSB friends about possibly going but it might also rain so I might not feel like heading up there. Its still an option though...

-phill F.- 10/95 Avus E36

My Cars
    1998 Titanium Silver M3
    are there a lot of asian girls in SB for halloween? well actually just asian girls ?
    1998 Titanium Silver M3

My Cars
    2004 330ci
    Ill be up there.

My Cars
    325i
    im goin

My Cars
    03 M5
    I live in IV, so I'll be there too heh.. Last year was insane!

My Cars
    325i
    i hear they are gonna close off dp at 5pm. any truth to this?

My Cars
    03 M5
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackIce
    i hear they are gonna close off dp at 5pm. any truth to this?
    Doubt that will happen. They are however clearing dp of all cars..last year to many cars got smashed by drunk idiots.

My Cars
    1998 Titanium Silver M3
    wats dp?
    1998 Titanium Silver M3

My Cars
    03 M5
    del playa...the main party street.

My Cars
    1998 Titanium Silver M3
    any asians party up there?
    1998 Titanium Silver M3

My Cars
    BMW M3, Honda CBR600rr
    I'm for sure going. It's gonna be awesome, trust me you don't want to miss out.

My Cars
    325i
    Quote Originally Posted by BlaBla
    any asians party up there?
    dude wtf is that. Thats like asking me if theres any white parties up there. is this what your basing your decision to go on?

My Cars
    Soon to be turbo
    For the people who have been there before, where do you guys park? I was thinking about parking at the home depot lot near FT, do you think that would be ok? I also heard cell phones wont work cause its so packed there, is this true?
    -Justin

My Cars
    X GSR | M3
    Quote Originally Posted by Luftwaffe1O1
    More than 40k lol.

Went last year with about 6 or 7 friends. We were all dressed in military gear, so much so, that a lot of people thought we were Anti riot units or something lol, good times good times.

some pics

http://sdairsoft.tripod.com/airsk38.htm

man i recognize a few ppl in those pics, they went to TP i know josh from mira costa
    JOEY | '18 M3 ZCP AW | '18 Lead Foot Raptor

My Cars
    325i
    For the people who have been there before, where do you guys park? I was thinking about parking at the home depot lot near FT, do you think that would be ok? I also heard cell phones wont work cause its so packed there, is this true?
    cell phones dont work. Park your car as far as possible so people dont kick it, steal stuff, set it on fire etc.

My Cars
    03 M5
    Luckily I have my own spot at my place...but for my friends visiting, I'm gonna have to drive around with them and try and find parking somewhere.
    Cell phones will most likely not work...to many people.

Oh btw..they will tow you if you park at home depot or any of the store parking lots.
    Last edited by Jwright; 10-28-2004 at 05:22 PM.

My Cars
    2000 Z3 2.3, 2014 M235i
    Quote Originally Posted by Joey325i
    man i recognize a few ppl in those pics, they went to TP i know josh from mira costa

Woah shit? You know Josh? Damn, yeah Gian went to TP as well, all those guys did. We all used to play airsoft together. Still do sometimes, but been too busy lately. Im the guy in the black helmet and vest and just Olive flight suit.

As for parking up there. We stayed over at a friends house which was near DP, so all our cars were in their driveway.

Suspension: Bilstein Sports, GC Coilover conversion, IE Subframe Bushings, IE RTABs, M roadster sways, M roadster front control arms, M roadster Front calipers/hubs.
    Engine/Driveline: M54B30 intake Manifold, Dinan CAI, ZHP Cams, Headers, Underdrive pulleys, Conforti Software, 3.46 diff.

My Cars
    X GSR | M3
    Quote Originally Posted by Luftwaffe1O1
    Woah shit? You know Josh? Damn, yeah Gian went to TP as well, all those guys did. We all used to play airsoft together. Still do sometimes, but been too busy lately. Im the guy in the black helmet and vest and just Olive flight suit.

As for parking up there. We stayed over at a friends house which was near DP, so all our cars were in their driveway.
    cool never got into airsoft, but i was really into paintballing middle through high school
    JOEY | '18 M3 ZCP AW | '18 Lead Foot Raptor

My Cars
    325i
    i saw an estoril e36 m3 with the driver pulled over getting a sobriety check near embarcadero. Any intresting police stories to share?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast