Thread: 318i vs. ferarri testarossa

My Cars
    miss my rieger 3, but love my new S2000!

Moon 318i vs. ferarri testarossa

so i am at a stop light in town, and a few seconds later this ferarri testarossa pulls up next to me. i am like .
    i say to him..."nice car. what's the retail on one of those?"
    and he says to me, "More than you can afford pal. Ferarri!"
    so then i look at Vin Diesel in my passenger seat and he goes, " smoke him."
    light turns green, and i put this ferarri to shame. all he had to remember me by was my exhaust note about 10 car lengths ahead of him
    okay....what really happened:
    i was at the stop light and the ferarri pulls up next to me, and i am in awe. beautful car....sounded awesome too.
    anyways...i figure i have to try....i don't stand a chance, but how many times am i going to get to race a ferarri in my lifetime
    so i rev my engine smiling, and the guy looks over at me and laughs( a fun laugh, not a "you stupid kid, get away from me laugh). he gets it.
    so the light turns green and we both gun it. we were neck and neck for a while, like until he got over 100 rpms and then he was gone. the guy was like 5 car lenghs ahead of me by the time i was out of first gear.
    i never really expected anything close though
    anyways...the guy pulled into a plaza up ahead a few blocks and i followed him. after talking to him for a little bit, the guy actually gave me a ride up a few blocks in the car.
    it was amazing! the launches in that thing are incredible...and the sound is pure music.
    now i need a ferarri...
    or at least an M
    Last edited by 1995red318i; 04-03-2002 at 10:39 PM.
    ...'Cause every hand's a winner and every hand's a loser.
    And the best that you can hope for, is to die in your sleep'

My Cars
    2011 Subaru WRX
    I love these cars, my neighbor has one but its a 512 TR, he's taken me for numerous rides and was going to let me take it to prom my senior year but he only lives here for 4 months a year and prom was 2 weeks before he came back, his other home is in LA, he has like 12 cars, and keeps his 512 TR here in Iowa along with his 750iL.
    LUKE

My Cars
    '05 997 C2, '15 JKU
    hey, perks, if you're in Iowa, whats stopping you from dropping into lincoln for weekend... its not that far... email me if your interested.
    this space reserved for pissing off liberals...

ronthebabboonslayer: "helmet guy's post is far from polluting"

My Cars
    Ferrari's!
    oh man first part was funnie ... ferrari's are fun to ride in... although i never ridden in one i would find out someday:
    Charlee
    00' Integra LS
    Mods:Intake and lots coming soon!
    -Plan to have a M3 in a year or so

My Cars
    Originally posted by Der Abt
    I once sat in a Ferrari Testarossa but thats it.

Oh yeah and last weak I saw the Belgian Ferrari Club passing by when I was at a restaurant with my friends , the sound people , the sound of like 25 Ferrari's reving their engine.
    There were like 8 355's , a couple of 550's , two F40's , and also a couple of old ones but I don't know their type.
    yeah the sound of those things is incredible. and if you ever get a chance to ride in one....it sounds amazing inside.:
    i don't even know why it had a radio in it....the sound of that thing was all the music you need.

My Cars
    2000 M Coupe - 2014 435i
    You lucky bastard! I wish I met someone around here who drove a Ferrari and let me have a ride in it...I dont think I've even heard one before. The only experience I've had with one is last year while cruising down a local cruise sopt on Saturday nights, I was going about 35-40mph minding my own business when a black Testarossa pulls out right in front of me from the left lane that was packed and made me slam on my brakes. I was kind of pissed. What are the specs on those cars?
    -Joe

My Cars
    F10 M5
    Cute intro:
    2013 MCB F10 M5 BMS
    2014 Rubicon
    2007 997 Turbo
    2011 C6 Z06
    2007 Shelby GT500

My Cars
    Originally posted by Quest325is
    You lucky bastard! I wish I met someone around here who drove a Ferrari and let me have a ride in it...I dont think I've even heard one before. The only experience I've had with one is last year while cruising down a local cruise sopt on Saturday nights, I was going about 35-40mph minding my own business when a black Testarossa pulls out right in front of me from the left lane that was packed and made me slam on my brakes. I was kind of pissed. What are the specs on those cars?
    i don't really know the specs exactly....but it really isn't lacking anywhere
    i practically swallowed my tongue every time the guy launched

My Cars
    2011 Subaru WRX
    Originally posted by dasMafia
    hey, perks, if you're in Iowa, whats stopping you from dropping into lincoln for weekend... its not that far... email me if your interested.
    Well I live in Eastern Iowa so Lincoln is about 5 or 6 hours away but the main thing thats stopping me is school and work, when I don't have class I'm working, I need that supercharger! I barley have any time to fiesta! I shall try to work in a trip this summer perhaps.
    LUKE

My Cars
    '05 997 C2, '15 JKU
    sounds good, and yes, the blower is a must... call me and I can set you up in an investment account to get you to that blower sooner... email me if you're interested.

My Cars
    2011 Subaru WRX
    Originally posted by dasMafia
    sounds good, and yes, the blower is a must... call me and I can set you up in an investment account to get you to that blower sooner... email me if you're interested.
    Funny that you should mention that my father's working with me to set one up, and is teaching me the ropes, investing is becoming more and more interesting to me every day, look out Wall Street, here I come!
    LUKE

My Cars
    '05 997 C2, '15 JKU
    step 1) buy suscription to Wall Street Journal

2) buy Enron at $0.23

3) wait 42 hours

4) sell Enron for $0.86

5) repeat whenever possible.

My Cars
    '04 330i ZHP 6SP
    Originally posted by Quest325is

after just reading for a long time, i have decided to actually post something. the Testarossa has a 5 liter flat 12. i dont know HP numbers off hand but i think it's around 375.

i got to ride in a 355 Spyder. best 15 minutes of my life! 375 horsey's screaming 2 feet behind your head!!! we only reached... 80ish, because the guy driving already had 4 tickets and didnt want another! it was awesome!!

My Cars
    02 MCoupe - gone
    390 bhp...about 3320 lbs curbweight---0-60 is 5.3 and 0-100 is 12.2 -----.87 gs on skidpad....big, heavy, relatively inefficient 12 cylinder sounds great but is outperformed by modern technology

ive had the pleasure of driving an 88 mondial which sounds great but would get smoked by my m coupe and a 355 spyder.....which had to have been a dream!!! my girls neighbor races and owns a 355 and took me for a joy ride....amazing....25mph turn taken at 75...i could feel the corners of my mouths touching my ears cause my smile was so big -----

save up for an m coupe and you might keep up with him next time!!!