Thread: Lower License Plate Screws (Pic)

My Cars
    '04 330ci zhp

Lower License Plate Screws (Pic)

This may seem like a really stupid question, but what do you guys do for the lower license plate screws?

All I have are two holes there but they are too wide.. there's nothing inside it to tighten & secure the screw.

Thanks for any help .. for some reason I am stumped on this and haven't been able to find any info on it.

My Cars
    '04 330ci zhp
    Bumpppp

My Cars
    Too Damn Fine

Angry Hmmmmm

Odd,
    Mine lined right up with my tag and license plate holder
    top and bottom
    And the lady at the parts counter at United BMW here gave me matching black screws
    Sorry you are having this problem

My Cars
    '04 BMW 325xi
    I think I got the screws at BMW cause I needed the standoffs for the rear plate.

I'm looking at the picture and it looks like the problem you have is the plate isn't aligned with the frame... try loosening the top screws so the plate slides around a little bit. Then when you get all 4 screws in, tighten them.

My Cars
    '04 330ci zhp
    Sorry I may have stated this wrong, but alignment of the plate isn't what's wrong.

What I mean is that on the actual trunk, there are 4 holes for the license plate screws, but only two of them support screws tightly, where as the bottom two are only holes that are kind of big and do not support screws.

I did go to the dealer once to see if I could get that part that supports the screw (which is found on the top two), but the guy at the counter said it should be all right and that I could just place the screw in and it won't fall out. Shouldn't have listened to him... but they did tell me that what I was planning would be all right.

Guess I'm gonna have to go back to the dealer and get those two parts.. thanks for the help.. now I know that I may be one of the few that has this problem .

My Cars
    98' 328i, 91 318is
    You need these gray plastic gromit like things. They cost like a buck at teh stealer.

My Cars
    '04 330ci zhp
    Quote Originally Posted by Beamin'
    You need these gray plastic gromit like things. They cost like a buck at teh stealer.
    Aha! That's the part I think I was about to get.. thanks Beamin'!

My Cars
    98' 328i, 91 318is
    Quote Originally Posted by doodle
    Aha! That's the part I think I was about to get.. thanks Beamin'!
    Get wood screws to put into them, and make sure they are not too fat, or else you will have to go to the stealership to buy more when you break them.