Bimmerforums Upgrade Garage The Tire Rack

Thread: Tire Question

Ok, I need to get new tires for my 328i, but the catch is that I need them to last awhile. I commute quite aways here in the Bay Area, and getting AVS Inters or some other soft tire will kill my wallet. Therefore, I need some recommendations on a tire that will last awhile, but still give me good performance. I think the Eagle LSs I have on it right now only last 25k or so, meaning I'd have to get new tires every year. Help!

My Cars
    just an old 328
    Pirelli P7000 SS.. i know a lot of people dont like them.. but they do provide decent performace at a good price which will last u 2 years at least. They do last long.. thread wear is like 320 I believe. AVS are like 220 I believe.
    06' BMW 530xi
    02' Porsche 911 Carrera
    11' BMW X3

My Cars
    BMW 530i
    willy... r u running on pirelli's?

Hmm.... my vote would probably be Bridgestones RE730s... they have i believe a tread wear of 300 BUT performance wise a hell of a lot better than the pirellis... :p
    Richard

I like the Michelin I have: XGT-V4 Pilots (treadwear 300)
    The milleage/wear I am getting seems much better than my other tires with 300 rating, but I also like the Pirelli P7000 SS.

Just my thoughts.

My Cars
    BMW 328i, BMW 335i

I agree on the Bridgestone Potenza RE-730's... treadwear 300

I'd recommend the Bridgestone Potenza RE-730's... since they not only have the 300 treadwear value, but are a hoot to drive on. Sticky on dry, grippy on wet. I got mine from Costco (had to have Costco order them for me) for about $130/tire installed, with flat-repair warranty. I love them so far and haven't heard any significant complaints about them. Also, they sport rim guards, which is a nice added bonus.

You probably want to stay away from any Max-Performance tire, as they are going to be way too soft, and wear quick. Just my 'pinion!
    '07 335i Arctic Silver 6MT
    '96 328i Jet Black slightly modded:

Supersprint exhaust : ECIS Intake : E34 M5 clutch : UUC Stage II LTW Flywheel : UUC Clutch Stop 2.0 (Big Boy) : UUC SSK w/ERK, Delrin and cartridge upgrades : Brembo rotors : Axxis Ultimates : Koni SA Shocks : Eibach Pro-Kit Springs : Ground Control RSMs : Ground Control Shims on stock RTABs : M3 Control Arms : M staggerred double-spoke II's : Michelin Pilots : ZKW Ellipsoids : 6000k HIDs : Alpine CDA-9833 : MB Quart Reference: Phoenix Gold Octane : JL 500.1 : JL w6v2 : Redline Fluids

Here's my 2 cents

The Pirelli P7000 Super Sport is a very noisey tire which is absolutley unacceptable to me. The RE730's are very good but, as they wear they also get noisey. The best tire for your driving would be the ...
    Firestone Firehawk SZ50 EP. It has excellent wear and great ride quaity (low noise) and also offers tremendous wet and dry traction. The UTQG rating of 340 AA A is the highest you will find in a performance tire.

Thanks, Luke

For on-line orders mention my name or for more indepth info on any posts please feel free to call me