Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dynoed the car finally.. ( Imported Cars Project! )

Dynoed the car finally.. ( Imported Cars Project! )

I have finally got a chance to post a dyno that was done tonight on my M3 that George built for me.

Stock bottom with only a thicker headgasket ~8.9:1 comp. Garrett Gt35/40 turbo.

Dyno was done on a dynojet. 3rd gear run. I will be doing a 4th gear run next week...just wanted to get some base #'s tonight. Had to use a large 3' diameter fan, next time I will be using a carpet fan to actually blow the air through the IC, rather the recirculate the air...I know I know, should have done this in the first place!! ( Things you figure out after the fact, go figure!! )

Run was done at 13psi.

NEW LINK BELOW!!

http://icsperformance.com/jeremey.htm

Hope this works!
    Last edited by artemis; 10-21-2004 at 11:13 AM. Reason: bad link

My Cars
    E46 330ci turbo, 05 ZHP,
    Can't see the image.......MSN users only it seems like.
    Nick Glantzis
    2005 330i ZHP auto with Technique Tuning turbo kit (currently For Sale)

My Cars
    97 M3/4 - Hurtig/AA TS
    Bzzzzt, try again!!!

However I know what your numbers were, and I am impressed anyway, even withOUT the dyno plot!!!

Steve
    Have you been Screwed?

My Cars
    TurboVert, MCoupe, 335xi
    Last edited by EMC; 10-21-2004 at 02:06 PM.

My Cars
    1997 Turbo M3 Coupe
    I wanna see! I wanna see! YES! Dynojet! Let me see!
    Where have I been? Astral projecting.

Quote Originally Posted by jszy25 View Post
    Get drunk with Mike Radowski they said, it'll be fun they said...A broken toe, the worst hangover known to man, and bite marks in my arm said otherwise

My Cars
    97 M3 99 Z3M
    Dyno or ban! LOL!
    1997 M3
    1999 Z3 M Coupe - Turbocharged

My Cars
    Harleys and a Tesla
    How about some numbers?

///3oris is offline "Diogenes the Cynic"
    My Cars
    '96 M3 Turbo, '04 Yamaha R6
    Quote Originally Posted by ParadigmGuy
    How about some numbers?
    What's the numbers??! Get someone else to host the sheet, I wanna see that puppy!

Boris
    '96 Cosmos Black M3 422rwhp/407rwtq SAE @ 13psi / 444rwhp/444rwtq SAE @ 14.5psi
    Engine/Drivetrain: Technique Tuning Stage 2 Turbo TT Turbo Exhaust, M50 Manifold, TMS Oil Baffles, SSR Comps, SPEC Stage II Clutch, UUC SSK, Titanium Cavallino Ti-130R Shift Knob, UUC TME, EMC Diff Bolt, RCCA's. Suspension: GC Coil-overs, GC RSMs, GC RTABs, GC Trans Mount; H&R SB. Instrumentation: VDO Boost, VDO Oil Press, VDO Oil Temp, VDO Water Temp, BMW Traffic Pro Navigation, Valentine One TODO: W/A Injection

My Cars
    E34 535i TCD S3 Turbo, e46 m3
    i dont care about seeing the dyno..... wut were the numbers!!!!!!!!!!!

TCD S3 Completed! 400 rwhp/455 tq. Tuned by Larry Strouth @ HP Works.
    www.Turbochargingdynamics.com
    http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...929post7215929 <-------Parts for sale

My Cars
    977rwhp SAE and 821
    The number's where 455.6whp and 420rwt on 13psi 3rd gear run 3 rpm start, NO FAN. This car will make with an intercooler fan, a 4rth gear run @ 2k rpm start with 1 bar of boost, an easy 40-50 rwhp more (stock internal's.)

Hey guys!!

Sorry about that...only place I could find to host it last night was MSN ( it was late and I had a long day, lol!! )

I sent it to EMC, so hopefully he can host it, otherwise anyone else that could you PM or email??

My dyno size was 195kb and this site only would allow 150kb to upload...

Thanks!

///3oris is offline &quot;Diogenes the Cynic&quot;
    My Cars
    Jeremy, great numbers for 13psi, I'm very happy for you! BTW, since we can't see the picture yet, can you just confirm that the Dyno was SAE corrected, and also that you dyno'd on pump (93?) gas?

Again, big congrats... I'm sure you're enjoying the power especially in this weather... car is SOO strong, and in Wisconsin I'm guessing it's similar weather as here!

Boris

P.S. When you dyno next time, get her up to 15psi!! (That's what you're tuned for, right?)
    Engine/Drivetrain: Technique Tuning Stage 2 Turbo TT Turbo Exhaust, M50 Manifold, TMS Oil Baffles, SSR Comps, SPEC Stage II Clutch, UUC SSK, Titanium Cavallino Ti-130R Shift Knob, UUC TME, EMC Diff Bolt, RCCA's. Suspension: GC Coil-overs, GC RSMs, GC RTABs, GC Trans Mount; H&R SB. Instrumentation: VDO Boost, VDO Oil Press, VDO Oil Temp, VDO Water Temp, BMW Traffic Pro Navigation, Valentine One TODO: W/A Injection

My Cars
    977rwhp SAE and 821
    Quote Originally Posted by ///3oris
    Jeremy, great numbers for 13psi, I'm very happy for you! BTW, since we can't see the picture yet, can you just confirm that the Dyno was SAE corrected, and also that you dyno'd on pump (93?) gas?

Again, big congrats... I'm sure you're enjoying the power especially in this weather... car is SOO strong, and in Wisconsin I'm guessing it's similar weather as here!

Boris

P.S. When you dyno next time, get her up to 15psi!! (That's what you're tuned for, right?)
    SAE and pump fuel, I will send you a copy if your interested.

Car was on pump gas, 93 octane here in Wisconsin.

SAE as well!

Brian @ ICS should be able to host the dyno.

Hopefully will have it up soon!!

My Cars
    92 SLC, 99M, 93 SLC, Current is 97 M3
    Very nice...I am debating heading up tp IC and getting a nice 450whp project started

I know I am biased in my opinion, but I definitely recommend ICS and George!!

George has gone above and beyond to make sure I am happy with the car and has been available for questions at any time for me. I have never had this type of customer service and such a willingness to make sure I am satisfied with the car!!

New link to dyno!! Thanks to Brian at ICS!!

///3oris is offline &quot;Diogenes the Cynic&quot;
    My Cars
    Quote Originally Posted by artemis
    New link to dyno!! Thanks to Brian at ICS!!

Good to finally see numbers from a customer, you must be extatic!

Thanks for answering my questions

Enjoy your car,

Boris

Thanks for the compliment Boris!

I am very pleased with the car thus far!!

The dyno operator even commented about the civility of the car until you hit the boost! His original thought was how could this little 6cyl make 450rwhp, he had originally said not to be disappointed if we didn't get much over 350rwhp....needless to say he was quite amazed!

My Cars
    1997 Turbo M3 Coupe
    Congratulations! Those are sweet numbers! Now turn up the boost mang! You've got the CR! But that is awesome! What did you have before ICS? Just so I can get a notion on what you were used to before. A jump from 300rwhp to 455rwhp is amazing!

Since nobody else has done it...allow me to post the sheet for you!

I am confused about the dyno operator being all impressed...isn't this George's new Dynojet? Or is that one not set up yet. Then it would have been George who wouldn't be impressed since he has built cars with twice as much power. So where was this dyno done?
    Where have I been? Astral projecting.

Quote Originally Posted by jszy25 View Post
    Get drunk with Mike Radowski they said, it'll be fun they said...A broken toe, the worst hangover known to man, and bite marks in my arm said otherwise

My Cars
    Bmw E36 330i , Mazda 3
    Artemis good job torque is up there and then more hp a nice pull.

Definately please dyno the car with proper fans and 4th gear as it would build boost faster in the lower rpm. Would even be more impressive.

Glad to see what numbers you can get from a dynojet.
    AA Stage 1 Gen III, BMP head gasket, Bored Throttle Body, 3.0"DnPipe & Custom exhaust with AA Gen 2, Aquamist 1s water/methanol injection,
    Last dynojet Aug 02 248c SAE 369whp/354ft-lbs at 10.5psi, 1/4mile 12.6@116mph
    New Sept 02 Head work and exhaust porting, April 04:UUC Pulleys, Turbo to intercooler pipe 2.5" Aug 04 3.5"HFM,11.5psi

Cameron,

The dyno was done here in Wisconsin, not at George's shop.

The guy dyno's drag cars and muscle cars for the most part. He had a drag car that put down 1200rwhp and he was doing 200+mph in his shop with the car!!

But with what was done with the car and how it behaves, he was vrey impressed!

hoping to do some more runs next week.

The dyno guy is finishing up his race season with his Mini cooper.

My Cars
    wide hooptie
    congratulations. Is that with aquamist?

Whats the max boost that you can crank it up to with your set up?

"If you want to see misery, give people more than what they need." -C.S. Lewis

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast