Thread: Back To Back Championships For TMS and BMW

My Cars
    BMWs and Mini's

Back To Back Championships For TMS and BMW

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

Back To Back Championships For TMS and BMW

Laguna Seca Raceway, Monterey, CA - 10/19/2004 - The Turner Motorsport/H&R Springs/BMW of Watertown team will be carrying a heavy load on their way back home after winning the 2004 Driver's Championship, Manufacturer's Championship, and Rookie of the Year honors.

Bill Auberlen was crowned the 2004 SPEED Touring Car Driver Champion after finishing in eighth place in Sunday's final race of the Touring Car season. This makes for back-to-back Driver's Championships for Auberlen as well as for BMW. He took the #1 Turner Motorsport/H&R Springs/BMW of Watertown BMW 325i to an awesome five podium finishes and nine top-ten finishes in ten races -- including three wins.

Bill Auberlen, car #1 Turner Motorsport/H&R Springs/BMW of Watertown BMW 325i:
    "We had the whole package this year. We carried a lot of REWARDS weight this year and for a longer period of time but our entire team and our sponsors were up to the task and put in a tremendous effort to bring home another championship for myself and for BMW. This is truly fantastic and a testament to what you get with Turner Motorsport, H&R Springs, the people at BMW of Watertown, and StopTech Brakes."

For the second straight race Justin Marks was the highest-finishing BMW. He scored his sixth top five finish of the year and missed out on fifth in the overall Championship by only one point. He scored more points this year than in any other year of his World Challenge career (187). Marks' driving on Sunday is a clear indicator of the talent the young Californian possesses and he will surely be a top contender in 2005.

Dino Crescentini earned Rookie of the Year honors following his 20th place finish in this race. He finished tenth in the overall points standings and 25 points higher than the next-highest rookie. Dino's Centric Parts BMW carried him to six top ten finishes in 2004.

BMW won the Manufacturer's Championship for the second straight year after a podium finish by Justin Marks in the last round at Road Atlanta. This is also BMW's third Championship in the past four seasons. A Turner Motorsport car was the highest-finishing BMW in 14 races in those four years - more than any other BMW team.

The Turner Motorsport team had it all this year. The crew at Turner Motorsport built and prepared the cars throughout the whole season. H&R Springs made much of it possible in addition to contributing an excellent product. The folks at BMW of Watertown share the same level of expertise and winning spirit as our own race team. Sunoco Race Fuels and Red Line Oils were used in the engine, transmission, and differential and our engines performed flawlessly all season with no break-downs. OZ Wheels were used on each Touring Car because of their light weight, strong design, and sporting appearance. Piloti Driving Shoes were on every crewmember and every driver. The blue and yellow cars sparkled throughout the weekend thanks to Meguiar's car care products. Hot Tomatoes Restaurant and Bar provided cool stickers and an endless supply of Bloody Marys for Will Turner. Dino Crescentini's BMW carried products from Centric Parts - a nationally known distributor of high quality brake components. And StopTech brake kits were used on each of the Turner Motorsport BMWs with excellent feedback from the drivers. Everyone at Turner Motorsport is especially proud to be associated with each of these companies and we congratulate them on their accomplishments in another Championship season.

Thank you as well. Our customers and our fans are the lifeblood of this organization and we live to see you win!

Set your TiVo or the coffee maker: the final round of the SPEED Touring Car Championship will be broadcast again on Thursday, October 21, 2004 at 4:00am ET.

The Turner Motorsport racing team still has one more Championship to secure. Our Grand Am Cup team has one race remaining at California Speedway in Fontana, California on the last weekend in October. Will Turner and Don Salama lead the ST-class Driver's points with teammate Tim Pappas in third place. The race is on Saturday, October 30, 2004 at 2:00pm PT and is scheduled to be broadcast on Sunday, November 7, 2004 at 5:00pm ET on The SPEED Channel.

Click on http://www.world-challenge.com/2004/tc-standings.html to see this session's results.
    See http://www.tmsracing.com for more Turner Motorsport Racing Action!

Turner Motorsport
    / // Parts and Performance for BMWs
    16 South Hunt Road
    Amesbury, MA 01913
    800-280-6966
    info@turnermotorsport.com

My Cars
    2020 X3M Competition
    Congratulations... awesome job.

My Cars
    95 M3 and 03.5 M3
    Congrats!!!!

My Cars
    World Challenge Touring Car
    Congratulations to Turner and Bill A.. Awesome job this year guys!

It was an exciting season to say the least!...

Fabryce Kutyba
    GMG
    Global Motorsports Group
    #29 Sofronas #27 Jonsson
    Advertising Deleted by Administrator...

My Cars
    540iT, GT3
    Congrats!!!

I didn't know Watertown had a BMW dealer...

My Cars
    BMW/Acura/Fiat
    Nice going
    Let's see some celebratory pics

My Cars
    e46 330i
    Congrats to Will / Bill and the rest of the TMS crew. Awesome job

Traction possible thanks to a Diffsonline 3:38 LSD

My Cars
    '88 M3, '03 330i ZHP
    Quote Originally Posted by Max///M3
    Nice going
    Let's see some celebratory pics
    Those are confidential...they got a lil rowdy I mean do you really wanna see Will naked?
    Last edited by dhabes; 10-20-2004 at 07:04 PM.
    David
    1988 Zinnoberot E30 M3

My Cars
    '88 M3, '03 330i ZHP
    Quote Originally Posted by gmg
    Congratulations to Turner and Bill A.. Awesome job this year guys!

It was an exciting season to say the least!...

Fabryce Kutyba
    GMG
    Global Motorsports Group
    #29 Sofronas #27 Jonsson
    You guys had an awesome season, great to see Jonsson get his first "W". Hope that you guys are back next yr of course. Did you personally go to any races or are you just at the shop?
    David
    1988 Zinnoberot E30 M3

My Cars
    2000 BMW 740iL
    Nice job guys, keep up the great work and a belated welcome aboard...

- Mike D.
    ACS Front Spoiler | Bavarian Autosport Strut Bar | Bilstein HD Struts | Dinan Cold Air Intake | Dinan Stage II Software
    Eisenmann High Performance Exhaust | H&R Stage II Sport Springs | Mobile Video & Bass Upgrades.

My Cars
    BMWs and Mini's
    I have about 200 photos to sort through. Been putting it off due to the late nights watching the Red Sox beat the Yankees. Photos Soon...

Turner Motorsport
    / // Parts and Performance for BMWs
    16 South Hunt Road
    Amesbury, MA 01913
    800-280-6966
    info@turnermotorsport.com

My Cars
    M5, E61