Thread: 95 m3 left speakers not working and left fender bolt?

My Cars
    95 M3 Daytona Violet

95 m3 left speakers not working and left fender bolt?

okay so none of my left speakers are working but every single one on the right does and NONE on the left work at all anyone know whats going on? maybe somethings not plugged in ? a fuse maybe? i heard like a little static from the speaker like it wants to have some sound but then when i try the speakers on the right side they work . so i wonder whats wrong with that side?

also im missing a bolt on my left front fender the bolt on the bottom on the inside where the door hinges are, i try to screw in a screw but it has nothing to grip on to is there suppose to be a clip on the other side? whats going on? ive been meaning to take off the entire fender and see what the problem is i just havent had enough time!

hope you guys have the answers thanks.

sorry about all the details just trying to make it as easy as possible to get the answer thanks!

bum .......-```-.........p

any luck???
    Last edited by The Music Man; 07-08-2011 at 02:27 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    BMW e36 m3 Coupe 1999
    Is it all of the ones on the drivers side of the car, or just the ones in the drivers side door? Because I blew one of my mids on my drivers side door, and the same thing happened, but only the speakers in the door, it did not effect the kickers in the back. If you just find and replace the speaker(s) you should be fine.

Also not as likely but if you have an aftermarket stereo, maybe by an accident you switched the balance all to the right, therefore no sound is being produced out of your left side speakers.

My Cars
    95 M3 Daytona Violet
    both the tweeter and mid work on when i switch them to the right side its something with the entire left side audio , maybe its the left side audio? someone mentioned something about amp ? maybe theres something missing? also i think my cd player works its just unplugged does anyone know how to tell if its the cd player or the headunit? maybe a loose cable ? but first things first FIX MY LEFT SPEAKERS PLEASEE

RRSperry is offline Senior Moment Member BMW E36 M3 Expert
    My Cars
    95 ///M3sc, '21 C8 HTC
    BUY A BENTELY REPAIR MANUAL.

Find a copy of the ETM (electronic troubleshooting manual)

Find replacement parts. Since it's only one side and front and back, I'm thinking wiring or amp, or headunit...lol (lol about the only 3 parts of the system).

Check the amp and wiring. It really is easier to remove the rear speakers and plastic floors, and pull back the carpet. (great time to do the rear shock mounts too.)

See that box monted near the side panel of the car with all the wires? That's the amp.

Another posibility is the head unit. Replace it.

There are no fuses that would cause this issue. It would be all or nothing.
    No matter where you go, there you are...