Autogeek.net Car Care Products
** 10% off @ Autogeek.net - PinnacleWax.com & Wolfgangcarcare.com - Coupon Code = clubmember

Thread: Paint Chips

My Cars
    1997 BMW M3

Paint Chips

My sierrarot 328 has some paint chips. They are very visible b/c they are white on the dark red. I think it is old wax in them. Is there a compound I can use to help this? It is very frustrating. There are too many to fix one by one.

thanks,
    97 M3 Boston Green on Modena
    Ground Control Coilovers 375/475 - Ground Control RSM - TMS Aluminum Flywheel - Dinan Exhaust - Momo F1 Steering Wheel - BBS RK 17 x 8 all round - UUC Tranny Enforcer - X-Brace

My Cars
    Try sparying some Meguiars Quick Detail Spray on them. It is a liquid spray wax designed to quickly make a car look good, and also to remove wax from emblems, and trim detail. I think just a little spray should go a long way on your chips. I am sure you will fall right in love with the stuff, I know I have.

One more thing to watch out for though... Is it really white because of the wax, or is it white from an impact or compression in the clear coat? If its because of the compression, then there is nothing you can do about it, but if it is wax build up you have your answer.