Thread: E30 325is vs E36 M3 vs ?? 5.slow

My Cars
    1996 M3 lux, 1988 325

E30 325is vs E36 M3 vs ?? 5.slow

After washing and drying my car I took it out for a "blow dry". I went past the mall and came to a stop light. There was a 5.0 (don't know the year) and an E30 325is. I was behind the 5.0. When the light turned green these two sort of half hearted went at it. both cars belched black smoke so I knew they were on it. I zoomed up to be with them at the next light. I saw them talking back and forth so I knew they were going to go again. Green, They both launch. I launch with them. The 5.slow did a poor job cause he was spinning his tires. I had to go easy on the throttle so that I did not plow into him. The 325 got a little wheel spin but launched pretty well. He got a slight lead on the stang. When everyone hit second things were pretty even. I stayed easy on the gas so as not to hit anyone. The 325 started to drift back as well all wound out 2nd. He quit at the top of second. The stang blew a big cloud of smoke from somewhere. I thought he blew his engine or something. Maybe he had naws and just smoked his tires. I wanted to continue but the stang decided to disengage. Oh well. It was fun. No real winners.
    == Stable mates ==
    -1996 M3 Lux, bright red (hellrot), Modena interior. Aus Freude Am Fahren!

-1988 325, Alpenweiss. The commuter.
    BMW HOWTOs

My Cars
    '93 325is, '04 G35 sedan
    if the mustang was one of the early 90's like most people her get a race with, those things only did low 15 in the 1/4 stock so for an ///M3 to beat it is no bigggie. i had a 91 gt b4 this car and only a few small mods & launching was a pita cause of the 300+lbs of tourque they had. so unless he had gobs of mods than it was a given, good race though. but i like how you got him after he was picking on a fellow bimmer.

M3 cams *UUC stage II lwfw w////M5 clutch *JC cam & lwfw chip *ECIS intake *Bosal cat back *UUC udp's *M3 3.15lsd *M3 shifter *H&R & Bilstein sport *E46 M3 rsm *Z3 rein4c plates *Depo DDE's *Zender lp *M3 spoiler *M3 moldings * M3 mirrors *billetwerks *jbl/mtx sub system
    '04 G35 sedan 5AT all stock

My Cars
    1996 M3 lux, 1988 325
    hehe. I just thought I would join in the fun. I'm glad I was there too. The guy in the stang seemed a bit supprised when I pulled up next to him. He had sort of a mixed smile on his face. I gave him a thumbs up anyway and we both just slowly (just below the speed limit 40) cruised down the road. He stayed back for some reason.
    == Stable mates ==
    -1996 M3 Lux, bright red (hellrot), Modena interior. Aus Freude Am Fahren!

-1988 325, Alpenweiss. The commuter.
    BMW HOWTOs

My Cars
    '93 325is, '04 G35 sedan
    a couple of times i went to the local cruise, id always see a fellow bimmer get harrased. i get it all the time, people just want to see the capabilities. my brother just got a new wrx friday. he keeps complaining that people wont leave him alone. his car is also rare here since the local stealer only had 3 in stock. i told him just get used toit, and then show them up after his break in period. i used to be on the other shoe. messing with people when i had my stang. but those things here and the camaros/trans ams are all over the place, so most races would be me against another stang.

M3 cams *UUC stage II lwfw w////M5 clutch *JC cam & lwfw chip *ECIS intake *Bosal cat back *UUC udp's *M3 3.15lsd *M3 shifter *H&R & Bilstein sport *E46 M3 rsm *Z3 rein4c plates *Depo DDE's *Zender lp *M3 spoiler *M3 moldings * M3 mirrors *billetwerks *jbl/mtx sub system
    '04 G35 sedan 5AT all stock