Thread: Auto to manual swap?

My Cars
    Chevy Malibu, Honda Accord

Auto to manual swap?

Does anyone know what is involved in this mod? Where can it be done, price, where to get parts? It would be on a 95 M3. Is there a 5 and 6 speed option? Any and all comments are appreciated. Thanks.

Ryan

My Cars
    06' F150 4x4, 95 M3
    Its really not all that hard to do. The trans will bolt right up. The only thing i am not sure about installing the shift linkage in the driveshaft tunnel. It would be really nice to have a wrecked car and swap all needed parts like the clutch pedal and hyd. lines with the master and slave cylinders.

My Cars
    E39 M5

Re: Auto to manual swap?

Originally posted by RyanR6
    Does anyone know what is involved in this mod? Where can it be done, price, where to get parts? It would be on a 95 M3. Is there a 5 and 6 speed option? Any and all comments are appreciated. Thanks.

Ryan
    Hi Ryan,

I did an auto to 5-speed to 6-speed conversion. It was done at Knauz BMW with all new parts.

First of all if you are cost sensitive, don't do it.

The least parts cost is to find a local donor car.

Get the lowest labor cost quote in the area.

www.zionsvilleautosport.com has a conversion kit and an instruction-installation CD.

If you want to know more about it, I'll be at the DTM Power meet on the 6th of April. See you be there.
    Cheers