Thread: Just bought my first BMW

My Cars
    2002 BMW 530ia, 2003 Honda Pilot

Talking Just bought my first BMW

I rock!!

I just bought my first Certified preowned BMW at a dealership in KS. In my first day of driving it I can already say with authority that it is the highest quality automobile I have ever driven. It's fit and finish is impecable, while the feeling of luxury is undeniable. My wife was concerned about the purchase, then immediately fell asleep in the front seat on the way home from the dealer. (<---she looked like this).

I got the 2002 530ia with the M sport package on it, 235/45-17 Conti's. 33,000 miles for $34,900. Here is a picture.

[IMG][/IMG]

My Cars
    F-Pace | E55 Wagon
    Congratulations and enjoy.

Welcome to the family of happy 5ers.

My Cars
    Nissan Titan, M5
    Quote Originally Posted by Volunteer
    I rock!!

I just bought my first Certified preowned BMW at a dealership in KS. In my first day of driving it I can already say with authority that it is the highest quality automobile I have ever driven. It's fit and finish is impecable, while the feeling of luxury is undeniable. My wife was concerned about the purchase, then immediately fell asleep in the front seat on the way home from the dealer. (<---she looked like this).

I got the 2002 530ia with the M sport package on it, 235/45-17 Conti's. 33,000 miles for $34,900. Here is a picture.

[IMG][/IMG]

Where did you buy the invisible paint for the car? I like that stealth look.

BFC Nikonian #1

My Cars
    Photobucket.com is having.....issues today, shall we say. When they square it away you should be able to see it. If I weren't so cheap, maybe i would actually use a good online photo manager.

My Cars
    E39
    I like dem wheels

My Cars
    Thanks...part of the m sport package that came with it. No extra on me

My Cars
    F-Pace | E55 Wagon
    Part of owning a 5er and being a member of this board is getting free hosting from me.

email me and I'll host up your pics for you.

My Cars
    '08 LS460; '16 NX200t
    Congrats on the purchase! Welcome aboard
    2008 Lexus LS460
    2016 Lexus NX200t
    PUREVIP
    Island Elites - West Coast Elites
    Team Airrex
    ClubLexusHawaii
    2002 540iA Sport (SOLD)
    1998 M3/4 (SOLD)

My Cars
    Anyone know of any habitual problems with the 2002 530ia?? Anything I should keep an eye on?

Thanks,
    Volunteer

My Cars
    2001 BMW 530i
    Welcome.

I bought a 2001 530i S+P/5 speed a few months ago. Those wheels look like the wheels on my car, 17x8J, styling 42 Cross Spoke II, composite bolted. The wheels look good, but boy are they tough to clean. Get some Klasse AIO on them ASAP. The brake pads put out a lot of dust, and the AIO keeps it from sticking so bad. As a matter of fact, get busy and clean that car really good and get a coat of Klasse AIO and 3 coats of Klasse SG before the weather gets bad.

There are long lists of problems that individuals have had, but I think for the most part these are random failures. I have read that the e39s sometimes have a problem with front wheel shimmy. If you notice that, have the dealer check it. And the door seals are soft and may need replacement sooner than you would expect. Others may have more info.

The cars seem to me to be rock solid. Consumer Reports tested the e39 (in November '02, IIRC) and rated it the highest of all cars they have ever tested.

Enjoy.
    Steve
    2001 530i/5 S+P CDV delete/Akebono ceramic pads/M5 SSK/RedLine MTL/M5 rear sway bar
    BMWCCA Member #337964

My Cars
    Thanks Steve. The more I drive this car the more I love it.

Never had anything this nice before.

I have, however, caught myself parking 5 spaces away from the closest car in order to avoid door dings. I fear that I may react in an unfortunate manner if I actually caught someone door bumping my new car.

My Cars
    E46 M3vert Dinan S2 -Metallic Topaz
    Thanks Steve. The more I drive this car the more I love it.

Never had anything this nice before.

I have, however, caught myself parking 5 spaces away from the closest car in order to avoid door dings. I fear that I may react in an unfortunate manner if I actually caught someone door bumping my new car.

I can relate to this. If there are spots available far removed from others, I always do the same to protect my 530i's skin from dings. One thing you'll notice is that these cars have the softest damn paint in the industry, anything ,and I do mean anything can cause a chip so be real vigilant. In 1995 BMW went to H2O based paints due to enviormental concerns with ozone depletion from chemicals used in the hardening process of oil based paints. Environment wins but our finishes are the real losers. DAMN!! I'll post a pic of my Electric Red e39 when I get home. Its the rarest of all colors on the e39.

Congrats on the 530i. Now take it to the track. I did, I promise you that you'll be surprised at the balls to the wall performance of your new I6 luxocruiser.

My Cars
    Lincoln Gator Acura TL

Re: Just bought my first BMW

Congrats and welcome to the boards. alot if great members and information here.

My Cars
    E46 M3vert Dinan S2 -Metallic Topaz

Quote Originally Posted by GuapOh
    I can relate to this. If there are spots available far removed from others, I always do the same to protect my 530i's skin from dings. One thing you'll notice is that these cars have the softest damn paint in the industry, anything ,and I do mean anything can cause a chip so be real vigilant. In 1995 BMW went to H2O based paints due to enviormental concerns with ozone depletion from chemicals used in the hardening process of oil based paints. Environment wins but our finishes are the real losers. DAMN!! I'll post a pic of my Electric Red e39 when I get home. Its the rarest of all colors on the e39.

Congrats on the 530i. Now take it to the track. I did, I promise you that you'll be surprised at the balls to the wall performance of your new I6 luxocruiser.
    E39's unite.
    As promised, here I am:
    Attached Images Attached Images

My Cars
    2003 DINAN M5

Anyone know of any habitual problems with the 2002 530ia?? Anything I should keep an eye on?

Thanks,
    Volunteer

Yes, tickets from driving too fast. Very habitual.

My Cars
    1995 S/C 540i/6spd 4.4L...1990 535i/5spd

Congrat's on your new sweet looking car.Nice color and f*ck the invisible paint comment.The picture looks great.No need to be Ansel Adams here.

My Cars
    2001 BMW 530i

Welcome. I just bought my 530i a week ago. I'm loving every second of my commute now.

My Cars

Alby,

Show a picture of the rest of your car. Can't see very much in the sig picture of yours. Your paint rocks.

My Cars
    99 M3 Euro, 09 Fit
    heyy man i like that car best overall combo on earth imo

but dats kind of alot that u paid

i donno if the dealers werent giving you discounts or nething where you bought it were but dealers here in ny last time i checked were gettin rid of 03 530i's for 35 36 K with around 45 miles on the clock

its all good though i hope you enjoy your car its awesome now im waiting for my 1st purchase of a bmw hehe 1 and a half year more

im going to be so careful with it NO POTHOLE WILL WIN i hate NY for them ..... but thats OT

take care
    99 Techno S50B32 6-speed ///M3 (Complete)
    Mods: SOLD

My Cars
    '00 m5, '90 325i
    congrats on the car, it looks great.
    -Aurash