Autogeek.net Car Care Products
** 10% off @ Autogeek.net - PinnacleWax.com & Wolfgangcarcare.com - Coupon Code = clubmember

Thread: Paint Safe Squeegees

My Cars
    The Bimma.

Paint Safe Squeegees

So who's using these water blade things?
    I'd love to get most of the water off as advertised for less
    dry time But don't know if it's a gimick like the crap
    "Mr. Clean spot free wash" : (Total garbage)

What'd you guys think of these things? Dangerouse?
    I guess if they really worked everyone would use it, right?
    Last edited by NoName; 09-20-2004 at 05:26 AM.

My Cars
    04 BMW M3, 05 Dodge 1500, 06 Triumph Daytona 675
    Waffle weave micro fibre cloths work incredibly well, not the quickest though.

My Cars
    98 M3/4; 92 325
    the california water blade works well, there's probably knock-offs that do well, but I like the design/firmness combo. ***HOWEVER*** If you're fanantic about no scratches, consider: These can pick up pinhead gravel/metal shaving/whatever and cause a scratch. My brother had this happen, showed me the scratch on his truck. I still use one, but I run my fingers the length of the blade (one swipe between index&thumb to get both sides) like religion to ensure I haven't picked something up.

My Cars
    N/A
    I have one and did get scratches from it. The concept is a good one, but in practice it is not the best. I would use a waffleweave mf. Takes more time, but there is less chance of scratching the paint.

My Cars
    Anything on the lot
    Works like a champ using mine for almost a year and never had any scratches. But i dont do the whole car per-say i only do major areas like the roof, windows , hood ,fenders and doors from the window sill dragging the water down to the black side moldings. If you do areas where there could be serious dirt like bumpers and lower half of the door to side skirts you will probably end up with scratches from allowing rougher dirt and such from getting onto the blade then removing water from another place. I also wipe the water from the blade after every motion i do this to clear water and to check for anything that could scratch the paint.

1. Gotta wash your car good before using it and hose off surface real good before you dry it.
    2. Make sure there is no rough edges on the blade by running your fingers down the blades after it is wetted by the hose .
    3. Something i do, is i have a soap water mixture the kind of soap that when you wash your car the water runs off when you wash it. i put some on the blade to make it i guess work more effective and to have something to make me feel like i would be less damage if i was doing any to the paint.

Another key is that you dont have to put much pressure on the blade just lay it so the edge is touching the paint/ windshield and pretty much just drag it with a little down force ,you dont really need any flex in the rubber lip for it to work good.

My Cars
    325izzle
    I wouldnt do it. Especially if ya got a black car. Get some MF towels..

My Cars
    '92 BMW 325i 4-dr
    I have always done the whole running the hose with it on low and without the sprayer on it. then i use the MF towel, it does a PERFECT job, and I dont even use a waffle weave...its wonderful
    'No, I let daddy drive MY car...'

My Cars
    97 M3
    I use the blade.
    No issues. Then use the Black-n-Decker leaf blower for the rest. Works like a charm.

My Cars
    2001 BMW 530i
    I have always done the whole running the hose with it on low and without the sprayer on it. then i use the MF towel, it does a PERFECT job, and I dont even use a waffle weave...its wonderful
    Yea, me too. I picked up the tip from Davids mega-post. It works so well that I only need one small towel for the car plus the cotton towel for door jambs etc.

Years ago, I lived next to a guy that did this every time he washed his car. I never understood why he did that. He also had a great hose nozzle that had a rubber hose over the end. When he pressed on the side of the hose, the water would flow and would stop when he released it. I wish I could find one of those nozzles, but searches have been futile.
    Steve
    2001 530i/5 S+P CDV delete/Akebono ceramic pads/M5 SSK/RedLine MTL/M5 rear sway bar
    BMWCCA Member #337964

My Cars
    98 M3/4; 92 325
    I've seen the hose nozzle mentioned in a Griot's catalogue that is probably 2 years old now, didn't call to see if they still carried, also can't find one on the net.

My Cars
    '01 740il; '06 325i
    I have a black car and have no problems with a water blade.

My Cars
    05 M3 ZCP, 11 335d
    i use the water blade when i get lazy =) hehe

~AIM- liquidtiger720 ~ Josh M. ~www.jmscribble.com

My Cars
    Four-eyed box
    Leaf blower / Absorber / Terry Towels
    Trevor Ely
    '13 JSW TDI
    '05 Elise
    '96 328is
    '91 318is
    '90 325is
    '89 325is
    '88 535is
    '95 M-Sport 540i (1 of 200)
    '85 190E 2.3-16 ECE
    '70 Honda N600
    '00 A4 1.8TQMS

My Cars
    01 740 sport
    There will ALWAYS be dust in the air. Which means u will be putting scratches in your paint (u might not be able to see them). I used to use one and polish my car twice a year.

Now I use the hose method to get most of the water off and pat dry with a cotton towel. Noticed less microscratches on the paint.
    01 740i Sport

My Cars
    #199 IP BMWCCA
    Quote Originally Posted by adsingl
    I've seen the hose nozzle mentioned in a Griot's catalogue that is probably 2 years old now, didn't call to see if they still carried, also can't find one on the net.
    If you goto Home Depot and go look in the sprayer section, you can find a hose end with shut off valve. You turn a knob and it turns the water to full flow or shuts it off.

Looks like this:

Eric WONGer
    2012 NASA Nationals GTS3 First Loser
    EX-#121 IP/GTS3 M3 SOLD
    Now-#121 GTS3 E46 M3

My Cars
    '88 M3, 02 X5 4.6is
    I use my 240v air compressor, but sometimes I wonder if a leaf blower might be better? I like the compressor because the air is filtered, so I don't have to worry about crap in the air sandblasting my paint. Perhaps I could construct a K&N filter for the intake on the leaf blower I'd be set!
    Jason