Thread: Which stainless steel brake lines to get and from where

My Cars
    crap

Which stainless steel brake lines to get and from where

I have a 92 325is and am looking for a stainless steel brake line kit (all six). What brand do you reccommend? WHere do you get them from?

Thanks,

Mark
    ^--Distraut over the loss of his brother Dale, Chip turned to drugs.

"I hit the railroad tracks so fast that my car caught air and my girlfriend almost choked to death."

"Thats it! Now I'm madder than a fat kid watching the last twinkie being ate!"

My Cars
    Car
    Good question...I want to know too. I found SS brake lines at www.bimmerworld.com for I think $89...but am not sure because they arent branded...however they are DOT cert...so???? Anyone with some wisdom shed some light on this subject please.
    I like turtles.

My Cars
    crap
    anyone??

"I hit the railroad tracks so fast that my car caught air and my girlfriend almost choked to death."

My Cars
    00 sc Roadie
    Maybe check out the track forum? I know they discuss it a lot over there...
    Some ladies like a hand-held. I prefer to drive mine.

My Cars
    318i, 16v Jetta GL
    Try Earls Performance Plumbing at www.earls.com they will help you from there

My Cars
    Car
    Yeah...I'm a dumbass. I just figured out that Earl's is about 20 mins from my house and I have a friend that owns a performance shop that gets the stuff at cost. Earls it is!
    I like turtles.

My Cars
    03 X5-02 M3-94 332i-E30
    i got mine from bav auto. teflon coated and everything. i think i paid around $100 for all 6

My Cars
    96 328is
    Do the steel brake lines make a big difference in braking? I'm thinking about getting them plus flushing the fluid.
    Carlb328- '96 328is

My Cars
    crap
    Yes they do that is why I am looking for them. They make the brake pedal more responsive due to the less flex in the actual line over stocks. Susposed to be a pretty noticeable difference bang for buck wise.

My Cars
    Car
    I drove my friends E36 with SS lines and it felt much better than mine...our brake setups are identical except for the lines.
    I like turtles.

My Cars
    '97 332i
    Just be sure the lines are DOT approved. That's the best indicator quality. Goodrich lines are good.

Rich

My Cars
    03 X5-02 M3-94 332i-E30
    you are not going to see much of a difference until you get on the track. the stock rubber lines expand more when they are hot, so on the street they really dont heat up enough to cause bad pedal feel. but, if you ever do get on the track, this is where you are really going to feel it. i run the ss lines with bav auto slotted rotors, ate super fluid and the hawk HP+ pads on the track and love it. brakes always feel good and stop like hell. even one of my instructors couldent believe how good it was, and he has a 944 turbo.