Thread: Group N parts/cars?

My Cars
    1999 BMW 323i

Group N parts/cars?

Where can I find info on Group N parts and/or cars? I'd also be interested to see any BMW Motorsport parts and PTG stuff too. If anyone knows of a website or book or something let me know.

Thanks
    1999 BMW 323i
    I bought my car from Geordie and I'm happy. You could be happy too.

ok .. may I ask what is Group N parts/cars?

My Cars
    ?
    PTG is the official BMW Motorsport distributor in the US. Mitch Herman's Motorsport Imports also geta alot of Grp. N bits sent from sources in Europe. Grp. N bits are a ton of money for a pretty much stock appearing part.

Brian

My Cars
    1999 BMW 323i
    Yeah, they're very expensive. I'm not really in a position to buy; just wanted to see what these people do to make power and improve handling. I mean, these guys know what they're doing right?
    1999 BMW 323i

My Cars
    ?
    I wouldn't look to Group N parts as a reference for setting up a car. Group N is the European equivilant of SCCA Showroom Stock here in the states. I'd look at what the top Speed World Challenge Touring teams are going for better reference. PTG's cars have nothing to do with street cars.

Brian

My Cars
    1999 BMW 323i
    Brian
    So you think I should look at Will Turner's car? Any other suggestions?
    Martin
    1999 BMW 323i

My Cars
    ?
    Will's cars are very nice, Jeff McMillans Touring cars are probably the nicest on the grid, heck, even look at the top IT and BMW club racing cars in your area.

Are there certain parts that you're looking for?

Brian

My Cars
    1999 BMW 323i
    Originally posted by BMLRacer
    Are there certain parts that you're looking for?
    Not really, just trying to get an overall picture of how these guys are so successful at what they do.

Martin
    1999 BMW 323i

My Cars
    ?
    No team is going to give you a real "inside" look at what makes their cars go fast. SUre, they'll tell you the basics, but the details are highly guarded secrets. I would suggest checking out the Speed Touring Car series when it visits Road Atlanta this fall. I do alot of work with RealTime Racing (Integra Type R) and the team will hardly tell an outsider what tire we're running (the series runs on "spec" Toyo tires).

I have lots and lots of expirence around all types of production based racing cars. If you have any questions, I'd be happy to try and answer them for you. You probably need to build a bit of knowledge so that you have ideas as to what to look for.

Brian