Thread: Remote audio for Valentine V1

My Cars
    '14 M6GC

Question Remote audio for Valentine V1

Do you guys think it's possible to wire the remote audio box to the little speaker used by the OBC/Clock?? It seems that would be an elegant solution..what's the word?

Thanks!
    '14 M6 Gran Coupe - San Marino/Silverstone, Exec, Comp.
    '04 360 Modena - Grigio Titanio/Grigio Scuro

sure. I've hacked mine all apart for remote mute (on the panel in front of the shifter) and remote audio (in the shifter surround). Just desolder the remote speaker, and run leads to the speaker in the OBC. Check the impedances, you may need to add a few ohms.

My Cars
    2005 M3
    Or, if you have the center console with the dual cup holder and coin holder you can do what I did. I got a small speaker from radio shack and mounted it there. It actually fit quite nicely.

James
    2005 Imola Red M3 - VF Stage I Supercharged Street/Track Car
    E46 M3 VF Engineering Stage I Supercharger DIY

My Cars
    '14 M6GC
    Originally posted by jmciver
    Or, if you have the center console with the dual cup holder and coin holder you can do what I did. I got a small speaker from radio shack and mounted it there. It actually fit quite nicely.

Problem is that I have the '99 with the arm rest...so that center console space is taken up with the coin holder, 2 cup holders and ash tray...maybe I'm a bit confused..does the remote audio box actually bring a speaker build into it or must you use an external speaker? My idea was to take a 1/8" mini plug from the box, and tap into the wires leading to the OBC chime speaker..(I think this is right below the knee bolster on the driver's side). In the end, I'm still left with the dilemma of where to "hide" the V1. I've seen Jmciver's solution in the 3rd brake light..but I'm not happy about losing any laser protection I may get...so..the quest goes on
    Thanks
    '14 M6 Gran Coupe - San Marino/Silverstone, Exec, Comp.
    '04 360 Modena - Grigio Titanio/Grigio Scuro

My Cars
    2005 M3
    Originally posted by TransHuman

Problem is that I have the '99 with the arm rest...so that center console space is taken up with the coin holder, 2 cup holders and ash tray...maybe I'm a bit confused..does the remote audio box actually bring a speaker build into it or must you use an external speaker? My idea was to take a 1/8" mini plug from the box, and tap into the wires leading to the OBC chime speaker..(I think this is right below the knee bolster on the driver's side). In the end, I'm still left with the dilemma of where to "hide" the V1. I've seen Jmciver's solution in the 3rd brake light..but I'm not happy about losing any laser protection I may get...so..the quest goes on
    Thanks
    I have the same cup holder as you, except I don't have the arm rest (that mouse pad you se in my pic is covering the second cup holder). This speaker is pretty loud so even with the arm rest down, it can still be heard. The Remote audio adapter does have a speaker on it, however it is useless to me since the Audio Adapter is in the glove box, that is why I went the speaker route.

As far as losing laser goes, don't sweat it. If you ever get a laser detection, 99% of the time you are already caught. If you really want laser protection, I suggest you go with a laser jammer (like the one I have, which you can see on my site). Good luck.
    James
    2005 Imola Red M3 - VF Stage I Supercharged Street/Track Car
    E46 M3 VF Engineering Stage I Supercharger DIY