Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Discount transportation rates for Bimmerforums.com members

My Cars
    Three of them
    Dave,

Probably the last quote, from 34639 to 20850

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Elusive303 View Post
    How much from Pomapano Beach/Ft. Lauderdale to Denver.

Thanks,

Tu
    Couldn't offer good service on this move. I'd ratrher pass than keep you hanging on. Try Fedex/Passport. 800-325-4267
    Thank You,
    Jim
    Intercity Lines
    1-800-221-3936 x205
    jim@intercitylines.com
    www.intercitylines.com

- Dave Wilson
    Intercity Lines, Inc.
    General BMW Discussions Sponsored by Intercity Lines, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by ExLondoner View Post
    Dave,

Can you offer me this rate at anytime? I am thinking of having the car shipped within the next month if everything goes according to plan.

Thanks
    Our rates are dependent upon a couple of factors. Locations for one. It's always quicker and cheaper to ship a car on an established lane, e.g. Boston to L.A. or New York to Florida. We think like the Airlines. It's cheaper to fly from Boston to L.A. than from Knoxville TN to
    Minn., MN. Even though the distance to California from the East Coast is twice as far. It's the same with auto transport. By keeping our transporters in areas of heavy traffic we can maintain reasonable operating costs and better productivity.

The other factor is fuel costs. We all know what's it like fill up at the Gas Station. Our rigs average 5.5MPG and diesel is now running close to $3.00/gallon nationwide. As long as fuel prices remain high the cost for shipping any commodity will continue to remain higher than what we've been used to.

So, quotes given out today may or may not be good a month from now.
    Thank You,
    Jim
    Intercity Lines
    1-800-221-3936 x205
    jim@intercitylines.com
    www.intercitylines.com

- Dave Wilson
    Intercity Lines, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by ExLondoner View Post
    Dave,

Probably the last quote, from 34639 to 20850

Cheers!

Florida to Maryland would cost $1134. Good availability now .Don't wait until all the "Snowbirds" start heading North again.

Thanks.
    Dave
    Thank You,
    Jim
    Intercity Lines
    1-800-221-3936 x205
    jim@intercitylines.com
    www.intercitylines.com

- Dave Wilson
    Intercity Lines, Inc.

My Cars
    Three of them
    Quote Originally Posted by Intercity Lines View Post
    Florida to Maryland would cost $1134. Good availability now .Don't wait until all the "Snowbirds" start heading North again.

Thanks.
    Dave
    Dave how do I go about booking this quote, also would it be possible to have the car picked up on Saturday 9 morning as I will be there with the seller at that time?

Thanks

My Cars
    e12, e30, e39, X3
    First time I've read this thread, and it was interesting to go through some of the horror stories and claims of "Intercity is priced way to high!!",

I'll add a horror story to convince the naysayers that you truly get what you pay for. A friend through the BMW CCA bought a real, 1980 Alpina B7 Turbo 6-series that was sold here in Chicago a few years ago. If you do some digging it won't be too hard to figure out which car I'm talking about since early B7 Turbos are so rare in the United States. I recommended Intercity just based on another friend's experience in 2000 or 2001 shipping a 1987 M6 with them. My friend decided to go for a more bargain priced transport company.

I'm not sure that everyone knows this, but some of these transport companies use any old non-enclosed rig to ship cars, and then transfer the auto to a flatbed tow truck for local delivery to the car's owner when it is nearing its destination. Well, somehow during this transfer process from the big rig to the tow truck, the idiots managed to rip the front airdam off of his Alpina B7 Turbo. When the car arrived to my friend with the broken airdam and other damage he was not pleased at all.

I'm not sure if anyone ever paid out for the damage to the car because like bargain-basement companies everywhere, they had terrible insurance who refused to pay the claim. The airdam from Alpina plus paintwork and other stuff totalled nearly $2000 in damage.

I relayed this whole story to my friend Mitch when he bought a 1971 Series I BMW CSL two years ago because he was leaning toward bargain transport. I conveyed to him how awful it would be if there was damage to the nearly impossible to replace aluminum body panels on that car, or anything worse. Wasn't it worth paying extra for safe shipment of a super-rare collectible car? He paid the price for Intercity to ship from the east coast to California and was elated with their service.

If the occasion comes where I need to ship any of my cars, I will pay the price for Intercity. Or drive it myself.

My Cars
    2003 325i, 2003.5 M3
    Dave,

Dallas, Tx to Tacoma, WA?

Thanks

No good on the availability for Dallas to Tacoma. Not sure how quickly we could do this move...I'd rather pass than keep you hangin'

Try Passport/Fedex. 800-325-4267

Dave Wilson
    Thank You,
    Jim
    Intercity Lines
    1-800-221-3936 x205
    jim@intercitylines.com
    www.intercitylines.com

- Dave Wilson
    Intercity Lines, Inc.

My Cars
    2003 325i, 2003.5 M3
    How about Hamilton, NJ to Tacoma, WA?

NJ to Tacoma is $2140. We schedule two transporters a month on that lane. There is room next week on one headed out from New England/New Jersey. Delivery in Tacoma would be the week of the 25th.

Thanks.
    Dave
    Thank You,
    Jim
    Intercity Lines
    1-800-221-3936 x205
    jim@intercitylines.com
    www.intercitylines.com

- Dave Wilson
    Intercity Lines, Inc.

My Cars
    Noble M400
    Cliffside Park, NJ 07010 to Las Vegas, NV 89134

Thanks!

Edit, nevermind, just got quote back through your system.
    Last edited by NobleForums; 10-13-2006 at 03:46 PM.

"Be ashamed to die until you have won some victory for humanity." ~ Horace Mann

My Cars
    Jeep

11-1 Great deal

Last night I was searching for some holiday flights and found a great deal. Lufthansa airlines is offering 20% off all flights TODAY! All the flights are really cheap, its a great deal. I am definately taking advantage of it, I can finally afford to go to Europe! Hope some of you enjoy this deal as much as I do!

My Cars
    2003 E39
    great deal

My Cars
    2002 M3 sold, 1987 325
    Dave
    Let me add a story about DAS and how my RX7 was going from VA to OH.
    It ended up on a tow truck because the hauler broke down. I will never use those guys again and Ebay still recommends them !!!
    I need a quote for one BMW from Alpharetta GA, zip 30004 to Fairport, NY, zip 14450. If picking it up at an alternative location in Western or Central NY would lower the cost, I'll drive it home from there.
    Thanks
    Paul

Paul. Sorry to hear about the DAS fiasco. Ebay continues to use them as DAS has a "zillion" trucks and can support the volume of cars sold on Ebay. We're happy to play in our little Collector Car world!

GA to NY is an easy one. Cost is $1070 door to door enclosed. We can load your car in Alpharetta this week.

Let me know. Thank you.
    Dave Wilson
    Thank You,
    Jim
    Intercity Lines
    1-800-221-3936 x205
    jim@intercitylines.com
    www.intercitylines.com

- Dave Wilson
    Intercity Lines, Inc.

My Cars
    1997 540i, 1994 SL500, 1991 Jetta GLi 16V

Nj --> Ca

Wow, I'm glad I found this thread just in time. I've just inherited my dad's 1994 MB SL500 and need to have it transported from West Orange, NJ to Modesto, Ca. Being this was my dad's baby it has so much sentimental value to me and my family. I've always heard good things about Intercity Lines and they were my first choice. I did look at other transport services and while most had lower quotes I didn't feel comfortable with them. I would never forgive myself if the car gets damage by saving a few dollars.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
    <o:p></o:p>
    Dave, I've already requested a quote (confirm #64853 - $1,872) just last week. Jim was the advisor who responded. I need to have this happen right away. I'm here in NJ till Dec. 8 and would like to have the car picked up before I leave for <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:State><st1:place>California</st1:place></st1:State>. I know I'm on standby and it's probably doubtful, right? In any case, if I'm not available I can have someone else available when they come to pick the car up. Would there be any additional discounts if I mention I was a Bimmerfotums member? When do you think the earliest time the car can be picked up? How long is the transit time? Also, if the car gets picked up while it's raining / snowing will they dry the car themselves and then place the cover or will they just let the car dry in the trailer and not place the cover?<o:p></o:p>
    I'll be calling Jim in the morning to book my car. I'll let Jim know I posted under this thread. Thanks!<o:p></o:p>
    Anthony
    1997 BMW 540i (E39)
    1994 MB SL500 (R129)
    1987 MB 300E (W124) SOLD
    1991 VW Jetta GLi 16V (A2)
    1996 VW Jetta GLS (A3)
    2001 Ford Ranger "EDGE"
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2284812

Anthony. I just spoke with Jim and he is expecting your call. You can discuss scheduling with him then.

As far as covering a dirty wet car...we don't. The car is allowed to dry in the transporter and then a determination is made as to whether the car can be cleaned with a "CAlifornia Duster" SAFELY. If so, it'll be covered then with a cloth cover. No we don't cover dirty cars.

We can do a $50. Bimmerforum discount for you. I know that doesn't sound like a lot but with crazy fuel and insurance prices that's the current discount.

We will take good care of your Dad's car...That's a promise!

Dave Wilson
    Thank You,
    Jim
    Intercity Lines
    1-800-221-3936 x205
    jim@intercitylines.com
    www.intercitylines.com

- Dave Wilson
    Intercity Lines, Inc.

My Cars
    1997 540i, 1994 SL500, 1991 Jetta GLi 16V
    Thanks so much Dave! I just spoke to Jim and finalized everything by booking online. Although Jim answered all of my question (very helpful BTW) I did forget to ask how long the transit time would be. I'm assuming 7-10 days? I know I need not worry about this service. Thanks again!
    Anthony
    1997 BMW 540i (E39)
    1994 MB SL500 (R129)
    1987 MB 300E (W124) SOLD
    1991 VW Jetta GLi 16V (A2)
    1996 VW Jetta GLS (A3)
    2001 Ford Ranger "EDGE"
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2284812

My Cars
    2015 435i ZHP
    Dave,

Can I get a quote from 95993 to 43528? The car is a 2000 M roadster. I'll be shipping the car in early Jan or Feb.

Chris

My Cars
    2003 540i/6; 1983 320i/5
    Hi Dave,

I hope this isn't too short notice. I just picked up a mint 1983 320i (last year of the E21's) in Endicott, NY (13760), shipping to KC, MO (64118). I would like to have it picked up by 15 December if possible. Can do? Rates?

Thanks!

Greg
    Greg
    Road. It's what's for dinner.
    BMWCCA #360969

Quote Originally Posted by 2000Z3M View Post
    Dave,

Can I get a quote from 95993 to 43528? The car is a 2000 M roadster. I'll be shipping the car in early Jan or Feb.

Chris
    Chris. $1712 door to door enclosed. Yuba City to Ohio.

Thank you.
    Dave Wilson
    Thank You,
    Jim
    Intercity Lines
    1-800-221-3936 x205
    jim@intercitylines.com
    www.intercitylines.com

- Dave Wilson
    Intercity Lines, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by drw1926 View Post
    Hi Dave,

I hope this isn't too short notice. I just picked up a mint 1983 320i (last year of the E21's) in Endicott, NY (13760), shipping to KC, MO (64118). I would like to have it picked up by 15 December if possible. Can do? Rates?

Thanks!

Greg

Greg.

$1391 door to door enclosed. Our Scheduler says it's possible to get the car picked up by the 15th of Dec. if we get the ball rolling now.

Dave Wilson
    Thank You,
    Jim
    Intercity Lines
    1-800-221-3936 x205
    jim@intercitylines.com
    www.intercitylines.com

- Dave Wilson
    Intercity Lines, Inc.

My Cars
    S8
    Dave,

Quote pls. From Colorado Springs (zip 80907) going to Glendale CA (zip 91210). Also what is your very earliest pickup?

Thanks

My Cars
    2002 M3 sold, 1987 325
    Dave
    The seller was dragging his feet last week so now I'm looking at next week.
    Do I give you the details or just get on your website ?
    Thanks
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Intercity Lines View Post
    Paul. Sorry to hear about the DAS fiasco. Ebay continues to use them as DAS has a "zillion" trucks and can support the volume of cars sold on Ebay. We're happy to play in our little Collector Car world!

GA to NY is an easy one. Cost is $1070 door to door enclosed. We can load your car in Alpharetta this week.

Let me know. Thank you.
    Dave Wilson

Quote Originally Posted by nevr2L8 View Post
    Dave
    The seller was dragging his feet last week so now I'm looking at next week.
    Do I give you the details or just get on your website ?
    Thanks
    Paul
    Paul.

We can load your car in GA tomorrow, 12/06, if that works for you. If you want to get onboard please contact Mike K. in our dispatch...Mike@intercitylines.com.

Thanks.
    Dave
    Thank You,
    Jim
    Intercity Lines
    1-800-221-3936 x205
    jim@intercitylines.com
    www.intercitylines.com

- Dave Wilson
    Intercity Lines, Inc.

Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast