Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread: cd changer woes . . .

My Cars
    e36

cd changer woes . . .

i have a 95 M3 with a non I-Bus cd changer. my problem is that the changer is constantly "glitching" (for lack of a better word). it's really not a skip as it will occur weather the car is moving or stationary. it will happen on a brand new (perfect) cd or an older cd that is not perfect. it will happen weather it is warm or cold. it's almost as though the changer just craps out for a fraction of a second and then picks right back up where it left off. i tried a laser cleaning cd and this seemed to correct the problem briefly, but it came back a day later. further atttempts to use the laser cleaner did nothing. in an act of deperation i took the changer apart and manually cleaned the laser with a q-tip and the alchohol solution that came with the cd cleaner. no difference . (also, springs are in the correct position). heard from someone that there is a BMW service bulliten on this and the only solution is to replace the unit (but i have been unable to confirm this). any suggestions would be much appreciated as my only alternative seems to be to junk it and spend $400 + at the stealer. (not what i want to do!)

My Cars
    e92 Twin-Turbo
    i've been noticing them same thing, not sure what to do either
    2007 e92 335i Sapphire Black | Black Leather | Aluminum | 6MT | ZSP | ZPP | iDrive |iPod | M-Tech Front Diffuser | Reflector Delete | Valentine1...

Just Sold:
    95' ///M3 Lux Cosmos Black/Black, 5spd, 97'+ Kidney's, Sport Lip, AA euro HFM kit, UUC TME's, UUC pedals, euro clears, PIAA xtreme bulbs, H7 fog conversion, 12" RF sub, RF 700 watt amp, 7" Clarion TV/DVD/CD/MP3, 7% Tint, V1

My Cars
    96 328is Sprt Pkg
    I personally would go aftermarket.. cheaper and better quality parts