BMW of Bloomfield

Thread: 95 Silver BMW M3 with S54 - Track and Race

My Cars
    2004 330i ZHP

95 Silver BMW M3 with S54 - Track and Race

1995 Silver M3 track car with S54 conversion. Race it or use it for track days / HPDE.

Price reduced to $27,500.00 (OBO).

I’ve owned the car for over 10 years. It is well-sorted, dependable, well-maintained, and fast. Lots of spares and extras (too many to list) will go with the sale. Car is comfortable and predictable. I have no problems with longer runs of 45 minutes or more.

I’m transitioning to a different platform and am clearing out the E36 inventory, at least for now.

Car is available for inspection and pick-up in northern Delaware. Car will be sold as-is, where-is, in good running condition, though the fire system will likely need to be refreshed / recertified. No warranties or refunds after the sale.

Prepped to race in BMW club racing several years ago with an S52. Raced for 2 seasons (logbook available) then used only for track days since, through October 2023. S54 conversion only used for track days. Full cage and safety systems. Door windows are removed, and doors are gutted. Buyer is advised to use an enclosed trailer for transport.

I end each track season with a full 3rd party inspection and fix anything that is broken or worn out that wasn’t handled during the season. For many years I’ve been using Redline lubricants exclusively in the transmission and diff, and 50W race oil in the engine.

Just completed its end-of-season professional service and nut/bolt inspection (see pictures), as well as a Blackstone oil analysis, which showed nothing of concern. All fluids are fresh. Motor is strong and smooth. Transmission shifts and engages cleanly. Relatively fresh clutch with lots of life left.

Exhaust is custom with long-tube headers. No cat; has a muffler.

Gauge cluster includes oil temp and pressure, water temp, and air/fuel ratio. Ignition is by on-off switch and button, with battery cutoff. Factory speedo and gas gauge retained. Data system also shows speed and RPMs.

The car shows its track use, with the most wear seen on the front bumper and wing mirrors. There are a few contact areas from its racing days. However, the car has not been abused and is still sharp, considering all the track time. Currently has its club race livery which I am in the process of removing. I am not a body guy or too much into polishing a track car, so, as good as this car is mechanically, it will still look like a track car that has been enjoyed and is ready for more.

The new owner will undoubtedly want to set the car up for preferences and driver dimensions, but the car is ready to go as is. I’m 5’8.5” and the seat and steering wheel are set to my dimensions.

Car will come with four sets of wheels (all square setup, 17x8.5): two Toyo RRs; one Conti race wet (older); one Bridgestone RE-71s (older). One set of RRs is scrubbed-in only and ready to run; the other set is likely EOL. Wheel sets are 2 Kosei, 1 Apex, and 1 Bimmerworld.

Key items:

S54 (2002 model) installed in 2017. Tuned by Epic Motorsports for Alpha N on OE ECU. I do not have dyno numbers, but this engine is putting at least 300 hp to the wheels. I requested a basic “safe” tune for longevity and safety which has not been further optimized on a dyno. The tune runs a bit on the rich side for safety. Epic tuning USB stick will be included. I left power on the table since the car is for track days only and typically shift at or below 7500 RPM and stay off the limiter. That said, there aren’t too many sub-$100K platforms this car cannot keep up with or pass.

OE crank bearings replaced before installation. No signs of abnormal wear (oil analysis). New OE oil pump with installation. Beisan VANOS upgrade. Larger Mishimoto radiator and electric Spal fan. Currently running BMW coolant since the car is not being raced. Factory S54 air box with cone filter. Factory oil filter and cooler housing; oil cooler mounted in front of radiator. Engine maintains excellent consistent water and oil temps, even in hot weather and long runs.

JRZ motorsport dampers (2-way) with remote reservoirs and dry-breaks. These are older units but have been maintained in top condition by Olsen Motorsports (3 preventative / maintenance rebuilds during my ownership). Fronts are full coil over; rear setup retains in-board springs. Ground control camber plates; GC rear ride height adjustment. Ride height and alignment specs are available. Spring weights can be available on request.

Front shock tower welded inner reinforcement plates and rear sway bar welded reinforcement tabs.

Four-corner Wilwood forged caliper (FSL6R) conversion, using Massive radial mounts each corner and Massive aluminum hats for the front rotors. Front rotors are 332x32 (Wilwood rings); rears are factory E36 M3 rotors. Same pad shape F&R. Brake cooling ducts and backing plates on front. Factory brake booster and ABS pump removed, but available with the car. Chase Bays booster delete and rear brake bias control. Fresh SS lines with the brake upgrade. Spare rotors and pads (PFC 11) will go with the car.

Aluminum engine and transmission mounts. Urethane subframe and control arm mounts and bushings throughout. All in good shape, as are the control arm bushings. Wheel bearings are in good shape.

Front windscreen is polycarbonate. In good shape with excellent visibility, but there are certainly signs of track use (I make my own out of ¼ polycarbonate and replace every 2-3 seasons). OE rear and rear quarter glass.

Custom LSD (Koala Motorsports) with 3:64 gearing. Tight with no slop. Factory 5-sp transmission and prop shaft. Guibo, rear axles, and CV joints in good shape. No diff or tranny coolers.

Interior aluminum block-off plate between cabin and trunk. Factory gas tank retained, but plate will allow use of fuel cell.

Dual fuel-pumps.

Front adjustable splitter. Rear adjustable carbon wing with aluminum uprights (installed to comply with BMW club racing specs). Engine hood is fiberglass.

Racepak data logger (older model, and candidly only used for speed and RPMs).

Kirkey full containment aluminum driver’s seat with bracing attached to roll cage. Sparco fiberglass passenger seat included.

Please contact by email (or PM) with any questions and to schedule an inspection.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/ZVjWpT7QLSaBpZ777

AMX57BMWM3@gmail.com
    Last edited by sprintamx; 03-13-2024 at 09:49 AM.

My Cars
    2004 330i ZHP
    Still available. Moving to the top with a reduced price.

Thanks for looking!