Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Honest opinion: Are techno-violet M3's fr girls...

Honest opinion: Are techno-violet M3's fr girls...

or can a guy not look goofy driving one?

If you're that insecure in your manhood, maybe you should just buy a truck. Or a penis-extender, like a 'Vette, or a Viper.

Jim

My Cars
    I would trade my Avus Blue M3 for a techno violet any day of the week!

I mean EVERYONE has Silver M3's
    Technoviolet is the rarest of the rare, it's even better if it has any other color of leather besides Black.

Individuality is what it's all about...be different Go for it.

M3D

ooooo good one Jimmy. I didn't know that asking opinions about car color suggests that I question my own manhood. Good to see that ignorance is not limited to those who drive Jap-cars.

M3D, I appreciate your response. I had no idea that they were so rare.

My Cars
    M3/Z3/X1/X3
    Honestly your question was posed in a manner that displayed that you were insecure about how "manly" you would be driving a purple car. A good friend of mine has a purple M3, Daytona Violet. He likes the color, and doesnt look goofy driving it. If someone offered to trade me a Purple M3 for my Cosmos Black M3 + 10 grand, I'd only do it to sell the car, I won't drive a purple car, but thats becuase I dont like the color, not the connotations.

You're the one who brought up connotations of colors by suggesting that it was girly. So don't get offended by Jim's comment, he was just extrapolating on your supposed presupposition.

Lighten up and have a good day, lifes too short to get all fussy over silly little comments.

Get whatever color you like, if YOU think YOU can drive a purple car, then go for it, be happy that you have an M3 and live life.

Point taken. I see what you mean, but I felt Jim just took the ball and ran with it. Given the opportunity to rephrase my question I would point out that I have never seen the violet M3 in person. I think I like it, but im just looking for the opinions of others who are more familiar with it.

My Cars
    E39 M5

Thumbs up Babe Magnets

Techo Violet M3's are good for trolling for Babes.

Hook a new Babe everyday and get laid.

I wanna a Techo Violet M3.
    Cheers

There is nothing wrong with the color, unless you are insecure.
    Its still an M3!

My Cars
    Lots
    I think it looks good. I wouldn't paint one pink or anythng, but Techno looks fine.

My Cars
    I would trade my Avus Blue M3 for a techno violet any day of the week!
    I think one guy on dtm who wants to trade his purple M3 for a white, black or estoril one.

http://forum.dtmpower.net/showthread...threadid=25790

If you like pimp purple so much...
    buy my car..or trade!

98 Techno Violet M3
    About 41k Miles

Car would be returned to stock, expect for Dinan CAI, Dinan Software, Zimmerman rotors/metalmasters in rear, Light purple tint. Stock LTW style wheels w/ optional BBS RC 18 x 8.5 with Nitto NT555 225/40.

Looking for an E36 M3 any year in a different color: Cosmos, Alpine, maybe Estoril.

some LARGE pics here: http://www-personal.engin.umich.edu/~lponced/BMW

Email me to discuss further: lponced@umich.edu

Dax
    Last edited by RicN; 03-10-2002 at 05:43 PM.
    2000 CTSC NSX
    2007 Acura TL-S

My Cars
    8 Wheels, 12 Cylinders
    I'm not sure if the Technoviolet on an M3 is the same color of purple that comes on the E39 5-series, but when I was helping my father-in-law shop for a 528 he saw purple and said...."Well, maybe Julia (my mother-in-law) would want to drive it and I could drive her Subaru wagon."

Now, this is just his opinion...I've seen a Techno M3 cruising around these parts and haven't though once that it was girly in any sense. I tried to give the guy a thumbs up, but he wouldn't look over...Damn BMW drivers...
    '87 325is - 220k
    '93 325i - 161k
    '05 G35 Sedan 6MT

RIP - '98 M3/4 66k - RIP

My Cars
    M5, E61
    :eyes1
    IT'S AN M3!!!
    How much more is there to know?
    I honestly don't care if it's painted by Andy Warhol....well...ok...maybe a little:

My Cars
    1988 M3, 2011 E90 M3

Well...

I had never seen a purple M3 in person. I generally do not like purple cars at all and don't think that the color does much for most vehicles. I knew that techno violet was somewhat rare and I'll be honest, I'm into rare things or at least stuff you don't see very often. When I found my car I was a little skeptical since I had never seen it. I really wanted Cosmos, Dakar, or Estoril. My favorite color was Avus but I needed a 4-door.

So anyway, I go to the guys house after driving 5 hours and it's sitting in the garage. The first thing I said was, that thing looks black not purple. The owner pulled the car out of the garage into the sun and there it was....techno violet. Of course my wife LOVED it as do most women. I would say that they are chick magnets. I do not regret buying this car at all. The color has grown on me ever since I got it. In direct light it has a blue tint to it and when it's dark the car looks black.

This is not a chick color by any means....it's an ///M color. That's all that matters.
    Justin Power

1988 BMW ///M3
    Henna Red / Black

1990 BMW ///M3 race car
    Diamond Black / Black

1998 BMW ///M3 Sedan
    Alpine White III / Mulberry

My Cars
    e92 Twin-Turbo
    i think that M3's are hardly for girls even one thats purple, Techno Violet. They're bad ass cars no matter the color, not to mention that Techno is one of the greatest colors that the M3's come in b/c there's nothing else like it out there. be different, and tell anyone who gives you shit to eat your dust as you leave them sulking in your rear view
    2007 e92 335i Sapphire Black | Black Leather | Aluminum | 6MT | ZSP | ZPP | iDrive |iPod | M-Tech Front Diffuser | Reflector Delete | Valentine1...

Just Sold:
    95' ///M3 Lux Cosmos Black/Black, 5spd, 97'+ Kidney's, Sport Lip, AA euro HFM kit, UUC TME's, UUC pedals, euro clears, PIAA xtreme bulbs, H7 fog conversion, 12" RF sub, RF 700 watt amp, 7" Clarion TV/DVD/CD/MP3, 7% Tint, V1

My Cars
    just an old 328
    I personally wouldnt drive a purple car, but I would hardly call it a girls car color. Most people wouldnt drive a bright red car either.....
    06' BMW 530xi
    02' Porsche 911 Carrera
    11' BMW X3

Originally posted by Thumbnail

I think one guy on dtm who wants to trade his purple M3 for a white, black or estoril one.

http://forum.dtmpower.net/showthread...threadid=25790

yeah that's me : Don't get me wrong, TV is a really nice color...a very dynamic color. It changes so much with the lighting, but I'm about to put a lot of money into my car, and I thought hard and decided I would be happier with another color. Not looking for just those colors either so feel free to contact me

Dax
    lponced@umich.edu
    Dax

Lponced@engin.umich.edu

My Cars
    None
    For your viewing pleasure...

AA TC M3 and Dinan SC M3.

My Cars
    None
    Solo Picture

My Cars
    None
    At the TuningWerks Show
    Last edited by BMWguy206; 01-31-2006 at 10:16 PM.

My Cars
    None
    Front shot

My Cars
    None

My Cars
    None
    Driveway

Thumbs up

Jon,
    Can you tell me what type of front spoiler is on that car in the first picture? Nice looking car by the way. I was originally going to get a Technoviolet M3, but it was sold by the time I got to the dealer. I ended up getting Boston Green instead. It's nice to have a color that you don't see all the time.

Frank
    1997 ///M3 Sedan
    Boston Green
    ECIS CAI, X-Brace, UUC Trans. Bushings, Bilsteins
    Click here to see my car

My Cars
    None
    I believe that is an ACS CF front lip spoiler.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast