Thread: 482BAC - "regulated diff lock, DSC function"

My Cars
    1988 E30 325iS, 2015 F80

482BAC - "regulated diff lock, DSC function"

Hi Guys,

No luck at all on bimmerpost so I am hoping maybe someone here can help me out - I'm just going to C&P everything I've posted over the past couple weeks:

Post 1 - Every time I try to drive this thing like it was intended I get a drivetrain malfunction error. Attempting a burnout will trigger this error every single time and the car goes into limp mode.

Any info on this code would be greatly appreciated, Friends. It is not an easy one to research.

Post 2 -
    I bought the iCarSoft CR Genius. A fancy OBDII scanner for all makes and models that does not tell me anything more than "482BAC". Searching forums and google doesn't give me a whole lot. The only mentions of this code come from years ago and no root cause. The complaints from the forums were that the dealer would just swap parts out until it was fixed. Not a solution for 2015 F80, or any car out of warranty.

Would a more professional scanner, something like the ancient STAR scanner for pre-obd Mercedes that provides a lot more info than the code a garage mechanic is able to pull, be able to provide me the underlying codes e.g. wheel sensor and which specific one is faulty? I would hate buying four new wheel sensors when only one is bad, if that is even the problem at all.

I don't intend on buying the unit BMW uses because it is probably way outside of my budget, just asking if there is some kind of bimmer specific scanner that would give me more info than just "482BAC"?

**1 person responded that it might be a wheel speed sensor but that does not seem to be the case here, there is no mention of this sensor in any of the faults and this sensor is listed by wheel (e.g. front right wheel) with its own fault code.

My Cars
    1988 E30 325iS, 2015 F80
    Thinking this may be a generic code unrecognized by a scanner such as the one I bought...has anyone ever used this? Not even sure this is the right part...

BMW Test Tool - Genuine BMW 83302297992

What is a recommended scanner specifically for bimmer? Burger has something like what I'm looking for but all sold out and not for anything past 2013.

My Cars
    1988 E30 325iS, 2015 F80
    Looks like Bimmerlink might be the easiest path - just bought it. Also seems like Rheingold is the best for this outside of a dealership - Rheingold ISTA...will try to find out how to purchase this..

My Cars
    1988 E30 325iS, 2015 F80
    Received VLINKER MC+Bluetooth today. Connected Bimmerlink and received a very interesting response here. I have two control units not responding!! "0F Regulated differential lock - control unit does not respond" and "30 electric steering lock - control unit does not respond". If this is a blown fuse I will be happy and also sad - why would a fuse on either of these blow? Will follow up.

Either way - no 482BAC code...yikes.

My Cars
    1988 E30 325iS, 2015 F80
    More C&P from the other forum. Youch...

All right, Folks!! Lol! I reset all the fuses associated with this system (pic attached) and hit the road after bimmerlink was all clear. I tried to set the gd light off all I could. What a buncha...

I have read that pressure washing and/or detailing the rims/brakes/wheels area can set off a sensor error. I'm going to thoroughly clean them all out this weekend. Will report back, might just be a fluke but I really did rip the living piss out of it tonight haha

Don't mean to be a pessimist but we shall see!

btw - unchecked fuses were non-existent and therefore probably related to options my car did not have.

My Cars
    1988 E30 325iS, 2015 F80
    Not sure why every post I make needs moderator approval but no problem!

100% confirmed that a wheel sensor does not cause a "reg diff lock" error. There is another error contributed to wheel sensor issues and I think ABS goes off at the same time for this - not the case here. I just had the bimmer-remote M4 GTS Flash done and so this info comes from a good source (bimmer-remote).

Speaking of which this gentleman can and will scan your cars for underlying codes - if I can get this code to trigger again he will be willing to schedule a remote session and give me the info I need to move forward with a game plan aka not swapping parts out until the problem is fixed a la stealership warranty bs.

I will still look into this rheingold solution but in the mean time there is at least a plan. Appreciate the feedback on the wheel sensors, I'll keep updating this thread until the issue is fully resolved.