Thread: F10 Headlight/Taillight Codes

My Cars
    2015 535 M Sport

F10 Headlight/Taillight Codes

Hey Guys - Need some help with my 2014 BMW 535, and the codes it's throwing.

Issue: Main daytime headlights are working, but turn signal/angel eyes/brights are not. Back rear turn signal is blinking fast. Everything else seems to be working as it should.

I'm getting the following codes:

*Left tail lamp malfunction
    *Right tail lamp malfunction
    *License plate lamp malfunction
    *Camera based system malfunction
    *Daytime/Parking lamp malfunction
    *Lighting system: Front left malfunction
    *Headlamp vertical aim control malfunction

Checked everything in the rear, bulbs are fine and all the wiring contact points are clean(no melted pins). Believe this is an LCI car, but where would you guys start, headlight modules?

My Cars
    15 650ix GC & 14 X5 50i
    Quote Originally Posted by Flea Tick View Post
    Hey Guys - Need some help with my 2014 BMW 535, and the codes it's throwing.

Issue: Main daytime headlights are working, but turn signal/angel eyes/brights are not. Back rear turn signal is blinking fast. Everything else seems to be working as it should.

I'm getting the following codes:

*Left tail lamp malfunction
    *Right tail lamp malfunction
    *License plate lamp malfunction
    *Camera based system malfunction
    *Daytime/Parking lamp malfunction
    *Lighting system: Front left malfunction
    *Headlamp vertical aim control malfunction

Checked everything in the rear, bulbs are fine and all the wiring contact points are clean(no melted pins). Believe this is an LCI car, but where would you guys start, headlight modules?
    A fast blinking turn indicator usually means there’s a bulb not working (or burnt out) on that circuit. Initiate the turn indicator (or turn on the hazard flashing switch) then walk around the vehicle to see which turn indicator is NOT flashing.

You don’t say which lighting setup you have (halogen/HID/LED)…but again, look for a bulb or circuit that is not working and that should indicate why the turn indicator is not flashing. Remember that you also have side indicators too. Again, we don’t know what type of light setup you have, but you could have turn indicators on the side of the car (either in the side mirrors or fender panels) that could be out causing the fast blinking.

You may also need to physically look at the bulbs because BMW sometimes uses replacement bulb technology where if a bulb is burnt out..it will utilize a bulb near it to continue to give you that feature…but you will get a message still to check the bulb. Owners not understanding this replacement bulb technology….will stand on the outside of the car seeing a bulb illuminate….but by not physically checking the bulb…can miss the burnt out bulb assuming the replacment bulb is the corrrect bulb.
    Last edited by Qsilver7; 05-13-2023 at 08:50 AM.
    Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.

2015 650ix GC (Moonstone/Cohiba Brown) <<~>> 2014 X5 50i (Space Gray/Mocha)

My Cars
    2015 535 M Sport
    In working on the blinking on the rear driver side turn signal, I pulled the inner taillight on the trunk and the bulbs look fine. The outers I pulled as well, but I don't see a way to get them apart to check for bulbs, pretty sure these are sealed.

When I turn the hazards on, both turn signals on the rear blink at the correct speed. Its not until its used independently when it goes fast. Side blinkers on the mirrors work correctly.

How do I determine which type of taillight I have? Assuming its LED, can this be taken apart?

My Cars
    2015 535 M Sport
    Going to move to solve my headlight problem and see if that fixes some of my other issues. Can someone point me in the direction of the correct headlight control module I would need for a 2014 535i M Sport(guessing this LCI)? Is there a decent aftermarket option that is programmable?