Thread: Trouble with Synapse BOV anti stall kit

My Cars
    1998 M3 TURBO

Trouble with Synapse BOV anti stall kit

Hey everyone, so I have a synapse BOV and put on the anti stall kit because I was having trouble with fluctuating idle without it. It seemed to solve my problem for a while but now the little spring that holds the anti stall "plunger thing" is all mangled and no longer holds it shut. I've tried sourcing new springs locally but everything I've tried is either too soft and doesn't hold it closed or too strong and causes compressor surge. I've had a support ticket open with the company for months now with no response. Anyone ever run into this problem or know where I can get a replacement spring? Also worse case scenario has anyone run a different BOV/newer model that doesn't have these issues? I have the BOV probably 20" from the MAF but when it's open to atmosphere is must get some turbulance in the pipe and messes with it.
    ICS Stage 1 NickG tune, 60lb Injectors, Blow through MAF, Synapse BOV, Boostlogic Manifold, BW-S366, Full 4" exhaust, Built Block w/ Wiseco's and K1 Rods = Good Times

My Cars
    F90 M5; E36 M3 Turbo
    I did not have any trouble with a Tial 50mm BOV that I used for several years before changing to a 9180 turbo with internal bypass. My recollection is that the synapse is smaller diameter and meant to be a bypass valve but can be converted to blow off with an anti stall kit. I am surprised they don’t have replacement parts you can buy.

The other thing I remember is that you want the HFM in a straight section of pipe. Your BOV is far enough away at 20” but are there about 6” straight before and after the HFM?

My Cars
    1998 M3 TURBO
    I would have to snap a pic to show but I’m not home now. I think the problem may be the synapse is super sensitive to vacuum changes. Great for response time but probably bad in this situation lol. You are correct is it is technically supposed to be a bypass but the anti stall kit “solves” that haha. Yeah I wish they would just respond to my email/inquiry I submitted but no dice so far…… it always worked awesome before.

My Cars
    1998 M3 TURBO
    IMG-7845.jpgWell I guess it's not 20" but it's at least 12" lol.
    ICS Stage 1 NickG tune, 60lb Injectors, Blow through MAF, Synapse BOV, Boostlogic Manifold, BW-S366, Full 4" exhaust, Built Block w/ Wiseco's and K1 Rods = Good Times

My Cars
    F90 M5; E36 M3 Turbo
    The 90 degree turn almost immediately after the HFM may be an issue. Did it ever run perfectly? If so, just buy a new spring for the Synapse or a couple since the last one did not last.