Thread: Touring parts-U pull?

My Cars
    '99 2.8&Mcoupe, '03 Mini

Touring parts-U pull?

A wrecked ‘99 528 wagon just came in to a West Palm LKQ. Anyone need anything? Snotty, rear wiper drive pin?
    Heading out in about an hour.
    -Donny

My Cars
    2001 BMW 540iT/6

Touring parts-U pull?

What color combos?

I’d be interested in the rear glass and frame if not rusted… maybe with arm and all too… problem would be shipping it up the east coast. I might be able to arrange some transport in time with some racer buds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by scottieducati; 05-03-2023 at 11:10 AM.

My Cars
    '99 2.8&Mcoupe, '03 Mini
    Its a darker blue car. I’m just heading in to the yard now. Will post up more once I’ve had eyes on it.
    -Donny
    edit:
    The wagon is Bizarrits? Blue w/gray interior. The tailgate is in very nice condition except the plastic license insert and lift handle is broken. The gate has No rust! The glass liftgate is in very nice shape, except the metal frame at the very bottom of the glass. It has moderate rust only in the center 14”-16”. The rust starts about 6” in from the bottom corners and is not rusted through, yet.
    Some of the plastic surrounds are missing as well as the main carpeted trim panel.
    I’ll probably get some of the remaining plastic surrounds because they match mine.
    This car had a rolling load floor in gray which I now have for my wagon.
    LKQ is quoting $148 for the gate w /glass hatch.
    Last edited by KeysCoupe; 05-03-2023 at 01:32 PM.

My Cars
    2001 BMW 540iT/6
    Nice score!! I just did a bit of digging and my lift gate isn’t bad at all, minor touch up. Bottom of the glass frame is also similarly rusted so I’m not sure id be any better off. Thank you so much for the info though!

Pic of minimal rust on my lift gate

My Cars
    '99 2.8&Mcoupe, '03 Mini
    Getting a pair of seats out kicked my ass, so don’t have time for the tailgate today.
    With your name here, I assume you have a Ducati? I still have a 900 GTS that I bought about 30 years ago.
    -Donny

My Cars
    ‘01 540’00 528T’03 525T
    Hey Donny, just saw this, if you go out there again and get the tailgate, I’d be interested in the rear wiper assembly and the trim panels, if you don’t need those. Right now, I pulled a black main inner tailgate panel to replace my grey one that is cracking apart quite badly. But I would need to repair a lower section on the black trim panel, due to the moron that tried popping the tail gate open at the yard with a pry bar….. The idiot cracked the bottom section up a bit around the latch area. Aside from that, the panel is ok, so just need to fix it up a bit and then paint grey. But if you don’t need the one you pull, I’ll buy the bits off of you. Another trim panel I need are the two trim pieces that cover up the D panels, the trim pieces that go from the cargo floor, all the way up to the ceiling. I cracked mine all up when I loaded up some cargo that barely fit through the rear hatch one rainy night.
    Set the controls for the heart of the sun

My Cars
    ‘01 540’00 528T’03 525T
    The seats kicking your ass, next time you are out there, cut out the seat harness cables from the car, all you need are the two thick wires, cut out the rest. I always carry one with my tools when I get a chance to go junking, and find some good seats. I actually have the cable ends soldered up, I always have my jump box with me when I go to the yards, make for easy seat moving to get to the bolts, or rigging up the trunk circuit to pop the trunks open when needed.
    I am planning on finding a 530 thats been rear ended, figure the engine was running before the car met its doom, drop the 3.0 into my 525, along with a five speed swap to boot.

My Cars
    2001 BMW 540iT/6
    I have had a fair few Ducs over the years.. almost always some sort of early 4V Superbike. Here is my current 92 851.

My Cars
    ‘01 540’00 528T’03 525T
    Nice 851! I still build scale models, and have a Japanese Tamiya Superbike model of that bike, wait, no, it’s the 888 superbike, still need to build that one.
    I had an old ‘97 900SP back in the day. But all my bikes now are a 2016 BMW S1000rr, my trusty old 2004 R1 Yamaha, I do have two R6 track bikes, one of those 2003 Z1000’s, and my old 2000 ZX12R, which needs a complete restoration. But right now, it’s the BMW and the R1 that gets ridden. As I am getting older, those bikes are killing my back when just cruising legal speeds, so they are usually set to Ludicrous Speed. Been thinking of picking up a 2016 K1300S M sport, the last of the K1300’s, and doing a trip across the country with it with a couple of friends.

My Cars
    '99 2.8&Mcoupe, '03 Mini
    Quote Originally Posted by BimmrMeUpSnotty View Post
    The seats kicking your ass, next time you are out there, cut out the seat harness cables from the car, all you need are the two thick wires, cut out the rest. I always carry one with my tools when I get a chance to go junking, and find some good seats. I actually have the cable ends soldered up, I always have my jump box with me when I go to the yards, make for easy seat moving to get to the bolts, or rigging up the trunk circuit to pop the trunks open when needed.
    I am planning on finding a 530 thats been rear ended, figure the engine was running before the car met its doom, drop the 3.0 into my 525, along with a five speed swap to boot.
    Snotty, I already have a yellow power feed cable to power up the seats, but it only works on the passenger side. I got that seat out in less than 15 minutes because someone cut the seat harness to rob the main switch. I had to power up the forward/back motor directly with alligator clips (only 2 leads).
    The drivers seat is a whole other story because of the “memory” feature. Most of the seat motors, including the forward/back motor, have 3 leads. I tried powering up the whole seat, and later just the F/B motor. No bueno. I ended up unscrewing the 2 rear pivot screws, allowing me to tip the seat forward to reach the forward pivot screws. Then I had to separate the seat belt harness from the base and seatbelt pyrotechnic devise by the tunnel. The seat was in the lowest position to the floor, so not really enough room to get to those pivot screws.
    with the seat removed, the track was still bolted to the floor. I then removed the F/B motor from the gearbox, and spun the short square drive cable with a vise-grip, turning it probably 1000 revolutions in each direction to get to the mounting bolts. Kicked my ass!
    -Donny
    Last edited by KeysCoupe; 05-04-2023 at 12:03 AM.

My Cars
    '99 2.8&Mcoupe, '03 Mini
    Hey Donny, just saw this, if you go out there again and get the tailgate, I’d be interested in the rear wiper assembly and the trim panels, if you don’t need those. Right now, I pulled a black main inner tailgate panel to replace my grey one that is cracking apart quite badly. But I would need to repair a lower section on the black trim panel, due to the moron that tried popping the tail gate open at the yard with a pry bar….. The idiot cracked the bottom section up a bit around the latch area. Aside from that, the panel is ok, so just need to fix it up a bit and then paint grey. But if you don’t need the one you pull, I’ll buy the bits off of you. Another trim panel I need are the two trim pieces that cover up the D panels, the trim pieces that go from the cargo floor, all the way up to the ceiling. I cracked mine all up when I loaded up some cargo that barely fit through the rear hatch one rainy night.
    The tailgate was totally missing the main panel with the drop-down door. I got the three thin pieces that that go around the window, but most of the tabs are broken, though are better than the broken ones on my car. The wiper was missing the spring-loaded pin on the glass hatch. If I go back out to the yard Thursday, I may grab the D pillar pieces, though the right side was cosmetically messed up. These are the pieces with the “catch” for the roller shade?
    I’m thinking about grabbing the black carpet from the sedan I got the seats out of, since the seats are already out. I may also get the tailgate lights since they’re in good or better condition. I need to check their prices on these. The headliner reading lights were broken and glued back together. I brought a couple up to the desk, but left them because they wanted almost $20 each for pieces of the lights.
    No SLS, so no compressor to bring home.
    Anything else?
    -Donny
    Last edited by KeysCoupe; 05-04-2023 at 12:00 AM.

My Cars
    ‘01 540’00 528T’03 525T
    Yes on the D pillar panels, the ones with the catches for the cargo cover, as long as they are in one piece with no cracks, I could really use them, just paint them if I have to. I may have a guy that will be printing up those side clips for the black trim panels on the tailgate, the ones that dress the sides underneath the glass hatch when shut, the little trim clips that lock those trims down. BMW sells those for about $20 a piece. I’ll let you guys know when those are available. I guess I’ll repair the bottom of the large panel that I have, and just paint it grey. Cracked me up with disgust, when I saw the pry bar marks that some loser did, trying to pry the tail gate open. Lots of idiots that don’t know about the emergency pull latch on the tailgates tool kit compartment. What year tail lights do you have on your car? I need facelift tailgate tail lights, the ones on my silver wagon are real sketchy wasted. The clear sections have gotten so brittle, I’m afraid to sand them down and polish them. If you swap yours out with the better ones from the yard, and your old ones are just in need of refinishing, no cracks on the clear sections, let me know what you want for them. Everything else on my silver wagon are in great shape.

My Cars
    '99 2.8&Mcoupe, '03 Mini
    Yes on the D pillar panels, the ones with the catches for the cargo cover, as long as they are in one piece with no cracks, I could really use them, just paint them if I have to. I may have a guy that will be printing up those side clips for the black trim panels on the tailgate, the ones that dress the sides underneath the glass hatch when shut, the little trim clips that lock those trims down. BMW sells those for about $20 a piece. I’ll let you guys know when those are available. I guess I’ll repair the bottom of the large panel that I have, and just paint it grey. Cracked me up with disgust, when I saw the pry bar marks that some loser did, trying to pry the tail gate open. Lots of idiots that don’t know about the emergency pull latch on the tailgates tool kit compartment. What year tail lights do you have on your car? I need facelift tailgate tail lights, the ones on my silver wagon are real sketchy wasted. The clear sections have gotten so brittle, I’m afraid to sand them down and polish them. If you swap yours out with the better ones from the yard, and your old ones are just in need of refinishing, no cracks on the clear sections, let me know what you want for them. Everything else on my silver wagon are in great shape.
    Snotty, PM me for details. I picked up a decent pair of D pillar trims for you yesterday.
    For anyone interested, I pulled the rear tailgate from the wagon, but left it in the yard for now. It is 100% rust free/dent free. The plastic license plate plinth is broken though.
    The glass hatch is also removed, but has rust along the bottom edge in the center. I can hear rust crumbs in the frame when moving it around. Very restorable, just needs some work.
    -Donny
    Last edited by KeysCoupe; 05-05-2023 at 10:08 AM.

My Cars
    ‘01 540’00 528T’03 525T
    Sent you a pm! Thanks! Call you later.

My Cars
    '99 2.8&Mcoupe, '03 Mini
    Another wagon (540 automatic) showed up at another LKQ yard a couple days ago. I checked it out yesterday. Oxford green w/ tan. Both the tailgate and rear hatch frame have rust perforation. Someone already got all the hatch trim panels except the upper glass hatch trim by the hinges. There is a roller shade/net that was nice. The back seat was very nice too.
    Any needs if I get back out there?
    -Donny

My Cars
    98 M3, 03 540it M-Sport
    If the wiper mechanism with that pin we've been discussing is there, I'd be interested in it.
    '98 M3 5spd - '03 540it 6spd M-Sport

My Cars
    99 528iTA
    Quote Originally Posted by scottieducati View Post
    What color combos?

I’d be interested in the rear glass and frame if not rusted… maybe with arm and all too… problem would be shipping it up the east coast. I might be able to arrange some transport in time with some racer buds.

I have a rear glass and frame down in Baltimore. Also have 2 sets of rear door glass.

My Cars
    2001 BMW 540iT/6
    Quote Originally Posted by dmaisenh View Post
    I have a rear glass and frame down in Baltimore. Also have 2 sets of rear door glass.
    Might be worth a stop by next time I’m heading south….

My Cars
    '99 2.8&Mcoupe, '03 Mini
    Quote Originally Posted by QtheGenius View Post
    If the wiper mechanism with that pin we've been discussing is there, I'd be interested in it.
    The wiper mechanism was there, but the 10 or T15 screw that retains the plastic “cap” over the outer wiper nut just spins. I didn’t feel like it was worth the effort with only 15 minutes time left. If I get back up there next week, I’ll look at it again.
    -Donny

My Cars
    98 M3, 03 540it M-Sport
    Thanks Donny. Don't kill yourself trying to get. only snag if convenient.
    '98 M3 5spd - '03 540it 6spd M-Sport

My Cars
    '99 2.8&Mcoupe, '03 Mini
    I was out in the same junkyard yesterday and went by the silver wagon I pulled the glass hatch off of a couple weeks back. I left the hatch because there was a start of rust in the center 8” along the bottom edge of the glass. Not that bad looking, but not perfect.
    Well yesterday, the hatch was still next to the car, but now the glass was shattered, held together by the tint film. I was able to peel the glass off the sides and bottom very easily. I was shocked at how rusted the frame was. The whole bottom of frame hidden by the glass was completely rusted, with a fair amount of the rust attached to the mastic that held the glass to the frame. This is why the glass came off so easily. This hatch looked pretty good didn’t even have the sound of rust crumbs rattling around like other hatches I’ve pulled, and it was that bad.
    If you have rust starting to show at the edge of the glass bottom, I think you are seeing the proverbial “tip of the iceburg”. I’ll keep a lookout for wagon hatches in the U-Pull yards with good hatches.
    -Donny