I'm currently working on the engine part of a completely ridiculous 04 x3 build and am doing some planning for other stuff down the line and I'm curious if anyone has any experience with the Federal 595-rsr-rr or similar tires on their X-Drive or SUV models. Just to give some context, this is my third BMW build and of those it is my first xdrive build and I'm doing a gt35r turbo based engine setup boosted to about 5psi on the initial build and will swap an iron block in later with forged internals and probably dial it up to about 15-18psi. For the first little bit of life I'll be running the auto trans setup but after a few months of that I'll be switching over to an awd manual with chassis mount shifter and working out how to have the FWD system work on a switchable system. Long term I will also probably be developing poly bushings for the chassis as well as monoball bushings for the stuff that needs it.

Considering that I'll be doing stupid stuff with this car I want to make sure there's enough rubber to handle it as it gets more spicy. I primarily plan on having this be a fun, sunny day/clear night cruiser with enough power to have fun but there's a chance I'll use it for very very low level track attack events as well as parking lot drifting or local singles events if USA Drift ever starts doing stuff again. This is just supposed to be an all around fun car that can be overlooked in a spot when parked.