BMW of Bloomfield

Thread: CSI Current Pricing

My Cars
    2014 M6 Convertible

CSI Current Pricing

https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds...i/2642233.html

Greetings- my first post in like 20 years on here so be gentle! I previously owned an 850ci in the early 2000's, always dreamed of buying a CSI. I'm now at the point in life where it may be a possibility, but I'm in need of some resources to understand current pricing, etc...

I've looked on BAT and it seems that they have been selling in the $85-100k range, with a few exceptional versions going all the way above $200k. I'm curious if the link to the above one in St. Louis for sale has been discussed. Not necessarily super low mileage but seems to be a nice example. But seems pricy compared to the BAT results.

In any event- if anyone can help point me on here or any other resources to better understand the market and values I would appreciate it. I realize pricing will vary with a number of factors (condition, mileage, etc...) but again just want to start understanding the CSI market.

Thanks,

Luke
    Denver, CO

My Cars
    Supercharged 850ci
    Quote Originally Posted by Lcssmu View Post

Greetings- my first post in like 20 years on here so be gentle! I previously owned an 850ci in the early 2000's, always dreamed of buying a CSI. I'm now at the point in life where it may be a possibility, but I'm in need of some resources to understand current pricing, etc...

I've looked on BAT and it seems that they have been selling in the $85-100k range, with a few exceptional versions going all the way above $200k. I'm curious if the link to the above one in St. Louis for sale has been discussed. Not necessarily super low mileage but seems to be a nice example. But seems pricy compared to the BAT results.

In any event- if anyone can help point me on here or any other resources to better understand the market and values I would appreciate it. I realize pricing will vary with a number of factors (condition, mileage, etc...) but again just want to start understanding the CSI market.

Thanks,

Luke
    Denver, CO
    Hi Luke,
    CSI in my opinion is just the same as any other E31 as far as condition and mileage being reflection of the asking price just on a grander scale because of the rarity.
    It looks like CSI pricing is continuously rising even within the last 6 months.
    That black one in your link is fairly priced based on condition and mileage.

My Cars
    Lots of Roundels
    Quote Originally Posted by Lcssmu View Post

Thanks,

Luke
    Denver, CO
    Generally speaking, you're likely to find a premium paid at a traditional dealership versus an auction.

The benefits of a traditional dealer may yield a benefit for you. An inspection is possible, you might have more time to make a decision, you can see the car in person; etc. You're also likely to see many cars sell on platforms only to turn up for sale at dealers.

Having said that, I'd expect to pay that for the car you posted. I'd argue that it is a low mileage example given the age of the car and the reality that most were purchased to drive, not necessarily by collectors. I think that sub-$100,000 will continue to be less and less common, especially when some cars in far superior condition push to new price highs. Whether it's the speculator/dealer carousel or people trying to jump in to buy before it's too late; that will continue to push prices.

My Cars
    2014 M6 Convertible
    Thanks for the replies- good to learn what I can here

My Cars
    91 850i-95 850csi- 94 85
    I have two CSI forsale let me know if you are interested.

My Cars
    330ci 850i M4
    Its not a CSI, but I have an 1991 850i, V12 automatic coming up for sale when I get around to it (soon I hope).
    My Cars: , 91 850i, 04 330ci convert., 08 911 turbo convert, 15 Mustang GT convert., 2018 M4 covert.

My Cars
    1980 633 CSi
    Interested in leads on an 850 CSi, please DM.

My Cars
    1980 633 CSi
    @G8nightman, please reach out if your 850CSi is for sale or if you had other leads. Thank you!

My Cars
    2014 M6 Convertible
    CSI delivery Tuesday of next week! Excited to join the rare club….

My Cars
    2014 M6 Convertible
    Mike I have zero clue how to DM on here but since you are also in Denver but please DM me if you can regarding the CSI.

My Cars
    850Ci, Excursion
    Don't think you have enough posts to DM yet

My Cars
    Lots of Roundels
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike5280 View Post
    @G8nightman, please reach out if your 850CSi is for sale or if you had other leads. Thank you!
    Mike, my oxford green car is for sale if you're still looking. I can be reached at: properhistorics@gmail.com

My Cars
    1980 633 CSi
    Thank you — I’ll try to see if I can earn DM rights

LCSsmu I would love to be in touch if able, when you have an opportunity please text me at xxxxxxxxxxx. I also have an e24 but am really on the lookout for a CSi.

Thank you all
    Last edited by shogun; 05-28-2023 at 04:46 PM. Reason: phone # removed for privacy reasons