Thread: figured out why my steering wheel shuddered under high-speed braking.

My Cars
    Pokeball

figured out why my steering wheel shuddered under high-speed braking.

took two of my new zimmerman x-drilled rotors to the inspection table,,, and just as i suspected,,, well beyond the +/- .003 flatness tolerance. i didn't bother to inspect the other two rotors. i can't believe these things warped after a few weeks of daily commuting with NO aggressive driving at all. i still had my worn out stock rotors in the garage,, so i put them back on,,, voila - steering wheel shudder disappeared.

<font size=5>zimmermann x-drilled rotors suck</font>

p.s. my new zimmerman rotors were thinner than my worn out stock rotors.

My Cars
    Electric Breadvan
    Wow..thanks for the headsup; Im suprised they were so thin; probably one good puddle or some stop-and-go did them in.
    PSOT

My Cars
    2020 X3M Competition
    I've heard that so much down here... zimmerman C/D rotors are for decoration... don't plan on using them for any extended length of time... especially not for any serious braking.
    Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by hundreds of engineers that get paid thousands of dollars for something you bought at Pep Boys because your buddy who doesn't have a job told you it was 'better'?!?

My Cars
    95 m3, 03 X5, 06 X3
    hmm, i'm running the zim fronts on my m3 and i haven't had any probs so far. granted they are mainly for decoration. i've auto-xed on them at least 5 times and have close to 10k on them. when did you get the shuddering? the only bad thing about them is that with them on i'm in the SM class in SCCA solo2.
    #71 SM
    04 Silver Grey M3
    95 Arctic Silver M3
    03 X5 3.0L Titanium Silver
    07 GX470- Silver

Molon Labe...
    Excellence is a habit, not an act.