Thread: What would you like to see?

My Cars
    2000 BMW 750iL

What would you like to see?

Hello friends,

I'm in the process of creating content for youtube, and would love to hear from the community what you feel is lacking in terms of content/guides/how-to's on our platforms that aren't as explored.

I posted this on the e38 forums, and mentioned that even the e38 feels like theres less than desired good content not only in maintenance guides, but daily usage or quirks of ownership, especially in the video department.

Some points that also came up are that we have a lot of written guides, but photos tend to disappear after a long period of time, especially if the photo hosting sites go out as well, so having video footage can help others in the long run of maintaining these cars

Think like "how to use obc" or "e65 headrest swap".

If something comes to mind, feel free to share it, and I'll try to make a video around it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2014 BMW F32 428i "Bella"
    2013 BMW E82 128i "Austin"
    2000 BMW E38 750iL "Stella"
    EuroFever
    Drive fast, Ask Later

My Cars
    1991 750iL+ 2008 535xit6
    How to get that $@%^& three-pronged core-engine-tank coolant hose installed on the V12 without pulling the engine!

My Cars
    hiss by my window
    Something of value, not already beaten to death, regarding the E32 platform rather than looking for hits to your YT channel

If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

My Cars
    92 735iL (12/1991)
    I'd be curious to see how to replace the damper/strut of the glove box.

PS: you will get no hits with E32 content. Maybe others are more lucky than I am, but my channel still doesn't qualify for monetization. I'm ok with it though because we still need E32 content to help keep these great cars on the road, but it's not going to make anyone rich.
    Last edited by Cactuar; 03-24-2023 at 09:58 AM.

90,700 miles 1992 BMW 735iL Azure Blue Metallic with Silver Grey leather interior ‣My car ‣My YouTube channel

My Cars
    2000 BMW 750iL
    Quote Originally Posted by Cactuar View Post

PS: you will get no hits with E32 content. Maybe others are more lucky than I am, but my channel still doesn't quality for monetization. I'm ok with it though because we still need E32 content to help keep these great cars on the road, but it's not going to make anyone rich.
    It’s certainly not for the money, purely for content. It’s something I enjoy doing and i want to support the platforms and the people who love on these platforms

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2014 BMW F32 428i "Bella"
    2013 BMW E82 128i "Austin"
    2000 BMW E38 750iL "Stella"
    EuroFever
    Drive fast, Ask Later

My Cars
    11/88 E32 750iL+98 E36M3
    Quote Originally Posted by Cactuar View Post
    https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/s...ve-box-removal
    http://bmwe32.masscom.net/johan/glov...box_shock.html
    Glove boxes and lower dash: http://bmwe32.masscom.net/johan/dash...al_v1.1-1.html
    Shogun tricks and tips for the E32 series are HERE!

My Cars
    92 735iL (12/1991)
    Thanks Shogun, I've seen these pages.
    I was talking about a video though, I don't think there are videos about the glove box.

90,700 miles 1992 BMW 735iL Azure Blue Metallic with Silver Grey leather interior ‣My car ‣My YouTube channel

My Cars
    94 740, 74 wagoneer
    I guess it is a generation thing.... the younger the more likely you are driven to want a video, the older you are a few pictures are all that is needed ... and the really tech folks can do with plain writing which is usually laborious and need a few pass to understand the process.

Personally the use of some tools could be supported by videos... after a few tries you can get the hang of it... the strut compressor is a real pita as you need to align, realign, loosen and retighten the dam spring.

Many years ago I did a brake bleeding process for a friend in France, put it on YT... and after many years out of curiosity I found out that it had been watched close to a 1000 times... even as it was in french!

In the end, many thanks to the people who spend time to place a steady video camera on the work area of interest and make a free flowing video, as we know that most of the time it can be a small battle of space, tool finding and struggle with hard to reach spots.

Many years ago it was easy to go practice a the local pick a part when plenty of your vehicles were in the yard... now it is a treat to find an unmolested wreck!
    Last edited by letank; 03-24-2023 at 09:35 PM.

My Cars
    1989 BMW E32 730i
    For some reason, it is very hard to find even basic stuff about E32 on Youtube, I am looking for spark plugs removal process for a 730i, and find nothing, which is frustrating.

Cactuar channel for example, that I just learned about and seem really informative here never came up in my search results on youtube...

My Cars
    E32 1989 730iA M30
    You can search for e34, more popular. Many components are the same/similar, like m30 engine for example.

My Cars
    11/88 E32 750iL+98 E36M3
    Quote Originally Posted by Okkx View Post
    I am looking for spark plugs removal process for a 730i, and find nothing, which is frustrating.
    get a Bentley Repair Manual for the E32, it is all in there in details, also all the torques, Ohms etc pp which you will not find in detail in a youtube
    Shogun tricks and tips for the E32 series are HERE!