Thread: New here

My Cars
    2021 BMW X7

New here

Just wanted to say hi.
    looking for options for an aftermarket exhaust and possible tune for my X7.
    are there options out there?
    TIA

My Cars
    X7, 535, 850CSi
    I have researched this and the B58B30M2 [TU2] are not going to be supportable by BMW to the likes of Dinan or others due to the high pressures being run already and the loads posed by our relatively heavy vehicles.
    Of course there are more power tunes of the B58 i other models and ways to fool the software into getting that extra power, and we might even get away with it given the superior water-air intercooler on 2023 and later
    BUT, temps may run high and the system may run into problems handling the extra demand. At any rate since they are not going to unlock the software to aftermarketeers, and you have problems as a result the stealer
    will not honor warranty and may be unwilling to do work for you. Having said that there are ways to "fool" the system with assumed temps to get the full 375hp. I don't think it's work the trouble though, as these newer
    B58'd really pull this X7 around pretty well and it's just unlikely you'll need the extra power. If you need flat out acceleration, the best answers are in making the gearbox perform that way you need it to via SMG inputs or
    launch control. And more importantly, torque is right up there with any B58 version. The real answer if you must have more power is Alpina who are fully supported by BMW. Bottom line for me is that I enjoy getting a
    real verified 29 mpg when I want to keep my foot out of it and other AWD don't give me trouble on the road when I need to out-accel them. My $.02

Sorry I know nothing about the M60i V-8's [N63?]
    Last edited by 9T78471; 02-29-2024 at 03:25 PM.