Bimmerforums Upgrade Garage The Tire Rack

Thread: Discount Tire Improperly Installed Tires, now we have issues

My Cars
    2020 BMW X7 40i

Discount Tire Improperly Installed Tires, now we have issues

Hello Bimmer Community,

We are first-time BMW owners seeking your help with a problem we have encountered with Discount Tire.
    During our regular oil change service, we discovered that
    Discount Tire had installed one of the rear wheels and tires on the front of the car, while also moving one of the front wheels to the back.

On 5/20/2022, we purchased two rear tires for our 2020 BMW X7 i40, sized 315/35 R22 XL 22 inches, from Discount Tire.
    However, they also installed one of the rear wheels and tires on the front of the car and moved one of the front wheels to the back.
    We have been driving the car since then and recently had a regular service at BMW, where we were informed that we need to replace both rear tires and the right front tire, as well as have the front differential service to have the fluid drained and refilled.
    The tread depths of the tires are as follows:

Back driver: 3/32 to 1/32
    Front passenger: 3/32 to 1/32
    Back passenger: 3/32 to 1/32
    All of the tires are Continental.
    The Discount Tire location has offered to replace the two rear tires but denies any responsibility for the front tire and wheel that were installed in the back.
    The manager, Doug, also claimed that installing the wrong wheel and tire in the wrong place would not affect any other tires on the vehicle or cause any issues with extra wear.

We now need all three tires replaced due to this issue, and we have included links to the receipt/video from the BMW service tech/screenshots of what BMW says we need to pay for. We would appreciate any advice and help from the community on how to resolve this matter.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-30...usp=share_link (Video of issues)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-Wi...usp=share_link
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-SF...usp=share_link
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-bE...usp=share_link

Thank you for your assistance.

My Cars
    36 Cylinders
    Is your X7 an xdrive (all wheel drive) model?
    -Abel

- E36 328is ~210-220whp: Lots of Mods.
    - 2000 Z3: Many Mods.
    - 2003 VW Jetta TDI Manual 47-50mpg
    - 1999 S52 Estoril M Coupe
    - 2014 328d Wagon, self-tuned, 270hp/430ft-lbs
    - 2019 M2 Competition, self-tuned, 504whp
    - 2016 Mini Cooper S

My Cars
    1998 328I
    What are the sizes of all tires front and back? If you aren't getting anywhere with DTC, ask to speak to the manager, if that doesn't work email or call their corporate office, corporate hates this and will make it right. I used to work there so i know calling corporate will get you waht you need

My Cars
    2020 BMW X7 40i
    Quote Originally Posted by RulyLSX View Post
    What are the sizes of all tires front and back? If you aren't getting anywhere with DTC, ask to speak to the manager, if that doesn't work email or call their corporate office, corporate hates this and will make it right. I used to work there so i know calling corporate will get you waht you need

Thank you very much for your advice. I did call Corp and they did replace all 3 tires. It was not fun or easy and took over a week but it turned out for the best.