Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Peppermint green 328i Convertible

My Cars
    1998 M Sport Convertible

Peppermint green 328i Convertible

Just picked up this beauty - the selection of E36 in Australia is very limited and I'm super happy with this one.
    Not sure what the interior colour is but it's peppermint (ish) and I love it. The car only has only traveled about 95K Miles (150K kilometers)
    Only the kidneys are wrong but that's a cheap fix :-)

BMW Build Sheet from 02 - 20 - 1998
    Automatic Stability Control+traction

Airbag For Front Passenger

Steering Column Adjustment Mechanical

Side Airbag Driver/frt Passenger

Lt/aly Wheels Bmw Styling

Remote Control For Central Locking
    Chrome Line Interior

Green Stripe Windscreen

Hardtop Preparation

Softtop Black
    Roll-bar Protection System
    Softtop Operation, Fully Automatic
    Window Lifts, Electric

Floor Mats, Velour

Interior Rr Vw Mirror W Aut Anti-d

Smokers Package

Armrest, Front

Sport Seats F Driver/front Passenger
    Headrests In Rear,

Headlight Beam-throw Contr. F Low Beam

Foglights

Automatic Air Conditioning
    Cruise Control

Check Control

On-board Computer
    M Sport Suspension

M Leather Steering Wheel

M Aerodynamics Package

White Direction Indicator

Australia Version

Hot-climate Version

Special Request Equipment

Individual
    Individual Sign "BMW individual" 0490 Color Sonderlackierung "orinoco-metallic" Z1XX Upholstery Individual Collection: Nappa leather in Individual Collection colors Following items are in leather Nappa mint (nr. 2 275 513): Front and rear seats Rear panel of front seat backs Head rests Front arm rests
    0940 Special request Turn indicators in white (option 785). M LM-Polished (Styling 24 M), VA 7 1/2 J x 17, 225/45 ZR 17
    HA 8 1/2 J x 17, Bereifung 245/40 ZR 17 M door mirror in body paint Edelholzverblendung in "Birke anthrazit", Farb.Nr. 0690,

It's on a back of a truck and on the way to me and I hope it will arrive in about 5 days

Last edited by Lowspot; 03-05-2023 at 01:32 AM.

My Cars
    E36M3, E92M3
    Gorgeous spec
    INSTAGRAM: jellismotorwerks

MauiM3Mania is offline Observer/Master Skeptic Moderator
    My Cars
    88M3 99M3 04M3 ITBx16
    Has the car been delivered?
    04M3 TiAg 69k slick-top 3 pedal
    99M3 Cosmos 61k S50B32 euro 6Spd

88M3 AW 43k miles Project FS

WTB: 3.5" Eurosport/Conforti CAI

My Cars
    2019 BMW 440i xDrive Cab
    Nice car!
    Looks like its in awesome shape.
    Love the interior colour, matches so well with the exterior.
    Congrats.
    I wish you much top-down pleasure.

My Cars
    2013 BMW I3
    Man, what a car. Fell in love in that colour!
    Last edited by Bayern Sausage; 03-17-2023 at 03:02 AM. Reason: Mistake

My Cars
    1998 M Sport Convertible
    Quote Originally Posted by MauiM3Mania View Post
    Has the car been delivered?
    It's been delivered last Thursday and I did a cruise with the BMW club today.

- - - Updated - - -

Detailed the car yesterday and have removed 25 years of stains and dirt from the leather interior - came out awesome. Now it has the factory matt finish back, that I like so much

Last edited by Lowspot; 03-19-2023 at 05:06 AM.

My Cars
    2019 BMW 440i xDrive Cab
    Awesome job you did on the detailing. The seats look brand new!
    That has GOT to be the best colour combination I have seen, between interior and exterior.
    Enjoy!

My Cars
    1998 M Sport Convertible
    Quote Originally Posted by F33B58M View Post
    Awesome job you did on the detailing. The seats look brand new!
    That has GOT to be the best colour combination I have seen, between interior and exterior.
    Enjoy!
    Thanks ! It's a very nice combo and the car has really found me :-) Next job is replacing the entire suspension with OEM parts. I want that it drives as when it was new

My Cars
    1998 M Sport Convertible
    Have done a fair bit of work on the car. Replaced the suspension with Bilstein B4 OEM shock absorbers and everything attached. Only the coils are the old ones. New lollypop bushings, new door handle covers and a M3 OEM front splitter and a brand new wind shield cowl. Repaired the door cards and removed the 90th Pioneer stereo. Have installed the original C33 that came with the car in 98'. new speakers and a new center vent without the hanging middle part. Looks so much better now. I have done a fair bit of detailing on the car and have found a few more things they need attention. Stage 1 is now finished and I'm looking to update the brakes very soon, like everything. The old ones are squeaking. Should have taken more pictures but that's where I am at the moment.

My Cars
    DE-spec E36 328i/M3 cab
    What a cool color combo. Never seen that upholstery color. You say you don't know what it is, but it's "Peppermint"-ish. Well it's says right under the Individual options that it's actually "Mint".

About the kidneys, it's not that (just) the kidneys are wrong, it means the whole nosecone was swapped, because the correct style kidneys don't fit into the old style nosecone.

Unless it's the lighting, but the armrest looks to be more grey. Maybe the original one was once replaced. It's missing the wood center console unfortunitely.

And factory ordered M mirrors are a nice touch.
    1998 BMW M3 3.2 Cabrio • Alpinweiί III on Schwarz • German spec • 1 of 12
    SMG • SRA • PDC • AUC • OBC • GSM • HK • UURS • IHKA • FGR • MFL

IG:
    https://www.instagram.com/iflok/

My Cars
    1998 M Sport Convertible
    Thanks mate. That is my 5th E36. I do have the FL nose cone plus the grills, just needs paint. The wood trim set was available in 3 different sizes - with and without door handles (not for convertible) and with or without centre console (for QP, Sedan, Touring and Convertible) My car has the small package.

The centre arm wrest has the same grey/mint colour than door cards (only the seats are really mint coloured) but this particular grey is also slightly mint. Not sure whether this is original or not but it suits the car pretty well. I might change the arm wrest to a black one as the current one is slightly worn and it just looks a bit odd.

My Cars
    1998 M Sport Convertible
    Done the brakes incl discs and hand brake - no squeaking anymore and a very simple task

Here we have a set of fake facelift grills, the ones they go in the pre facelift front. It's OK for now or until I get my second hand facelift nose painted but it still looks wrong :-)
    You might have noticed that I have changed my number plates - that's an option here in Australia and it just looks a lot better than the white "chopping boards"

My latest purchase is a set of H&R coils 40/15mm and I can't wait to install them. Below is an image of my old vert from back in Germany 2007.
    It had the same suspension mods with H&R coils and I like to replicate the stance just with different wheels.
    The rear upper spring pads were replaced with "bad road package Eastern Europe" Part No. 33531091599
    It lifts the hanging rear of the car effectively by about 16mm as the original pad is circa 5mm and the new one 21.5mm.
    This pad can be used in combination with lowering springs to get the stance right.

I have installed the bad road package pads on my convertible last weekend :-)

Last edited by Lowspot; 06-04-2023 at 03:20 AM.

My Cars
    DE-spec E36 328i/M3 cab
    Now unless this is specific to Aussie, there is no such thing as a small or big wood package.
    it’s always;
    - center console
    - glovebox strip
    - front and rear ashtray
    - door handles (except convertible)

not a single brochure or pricelist or any BMW documentation says otherwise.
    So again, unless this was specific to Aussie market, I’ll say that pieces is missing or was replaced because of cracks/damage.

Usually the SA940 Special Order says exactly what is included. I also noticed the contrasting piping on the seats isn’t listed.

IG:

My Cars
    1998 M Sport Convertible
    That's the complete list:

Individual
    ---- Processing Individual Sign "BMW individual" 0490 Color Sonderlackierung "orinoco-metallic", wie Schl. Nr. 406 in Verbindung mit M-Technik-Aerodynamikpaket, wie Schl.Nr. 715. Z1XX Upholstery Individual Collection: Nappa leather in Individual Collection colors Following items are in leather Nappa mint (nr. 2 275 513): Front and rear seats Rear panel of front seat backs Head rests Front arm rests Einsaetze in den Tuer- und Fondseitenverkleidungen KEDER AN SITZEN UND KOPFSTUETZEN IN LEDER NAPPA PETROL (NR. 2.275.508) Restliche Innenausstattung wie bei Leder Montana schwarz, Schl.Nr. P7SW 0940 Special request Turn indicators in white (option 785). M LM-Schmiederδder poliert, Doppelspeichenstyling (Styling 24 M), VA 7 1/2 J x 17, Bereifung 225/45 ZR 17 HA 8 1/2 J x 17, Bereifung 245/40 ZR 17 M door mirror in body paint Edelholzverblendung in "Birke anthrazit", Farb.Nr. 0690, Umfang wie Schl.Nr. 0773 incl. Tueroeffner in Chrom

And because it's individual you could spec the car like that. There is a second Vert in Australia in the same colour just with different leather colour and it has the same centre console than mine.

My Cars
    DE-spec E36 328i/M3 cab
    Here’s the answer:

Edelholzverblendung in "Birke anthrazit", Farb.Nr. 0690, Umfang wie Schl.Nr. 0773 incl. Tueroeffner in Chrom
    It literally says content like 773. I have 773 in my M3, but regardless, I know what 773 consists of, and that includes the center console.
    I don’t recall BMW NOT making this version of trim in RHD, like they did with the oem carbon fiber trim. No LHD console exists of that.
    Only if this applies it would explain that it’s not there.

IG:

My Cars
    1998 M Sport Convertible
    I'm really not interested in an argument with you. but as the second Australian delivered Orinoco Green Convertible has the same wood package than mine. May be there are a number Individual trims not available for RHD

My Cars
    DE-spec E36 328i/M3 cab
    This wasn’t any discussion. I’m simply intrigued by all different variations and all I said was with valid/plausible arguments.

IG:

My Cars
    1998 M Sport Convertible
    Here it is - H&R lowering springs 40/15mm Part No. 29929-1.
    I have added the "Poor Road package" rubber spacers on the back and it looks spot on now. I'm very happy with the look.

Last edited by Lowspot; 06-12-2023 at 05:14 AM.

My Cars
    E39 x 55’ FORD Bod
    Love those seats, great color

My Cars
    DE-spec E36 328i/M3 cab
    Yeah peppermint. Minty AND fresh.

IG:

My Cars
    1998 M Sport Convertible
    Today I have finally tackled the long overdue inner wheel liners and front under tray. All new mounting and hardware - many many small bits and bobs. Another small step and you can't even really see it but it looks nice and clean now. The old parts were tied together with cable ties and I could just take em out without removing a single screw. Sorry for the bad photo quality but it was a rainy morning.

a new steering wheel cover and E39 slip ring with MFL buttons have also found its way into the car. It was my first trial with stitching and I'm quite happy with the outcome. I'm waiting for my new CD43 Radio that I can at least use the left buttons for now. Have to look what's required to make the cruise control buttons work but I might have to rewire an E39l module and adapt it into my E36.

Last edited by Lowspot; 07-29-2023 at 04:17 AM.

My Cars
    08 328i|01 530i|96 328s
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowspot View Post
    Thanks ! It's a very nice combo and the car has really found me :-) Next job is replacing the entire suspension with OEM parts. I want that it drives as when it was new
    Great find! Looks fantastic and your detail and work are clearly paying off. I didn't want to reply to the initial post and take up everyone's screen with a quote, but I believe you have Dove Grey interior. It looks to be the same color as my E36 and E39 inside.

Cheers
    Madeiraviolett Bf.C club member #001

1996 BMW 328is Madeiraviolett/Dove Grey: 5 Spd, Sport, Cold Weather & Premium Sound pkgs.
    3.5" ECIS/ITG intake -> Samco ASC Delete Boot -> DINAN TB -> M50 Manifold -> S52 Cams | Bav Auto Red-top ignition coils tuned w/ AA software, Dynomax Cats & Stromung exhaust UUC Pulleys & Clutch stop, FDM=Zionsville radiator, Mishimoto Tank, SAMCO hoses, Fidanza LTW flywheel & M3 clutch, UUC Evo3 SSK, 3.23 LSD, Koni/Eibach Adjustable Damper suspension, PUR RSM's & RTABs, CF Strut brace, UUC Swaybarbarians, Motorsport X-Brace, 17x8 Beyern Mesh wheels Hella CELIS projectors + 5k TRS HID's, Fog delete=Brake cooling duct, LTW wing, ///M Bumper & R. Diffuser
    CCA Member #382557

My Cars
    1998 M Sport Convertible
    Quote Originally Posted by LuvMy328is View Post
    I believe you have Dove Grey interior. It looks to be the same color as my E36 and E39 inside.

Cheers
    Thanks mate ! According to VIN decoder, it's Nappa leather mint
    " Z1XX Upholstery Individual Collection: Nappa leather in Individual Collection colors Following items are in leather Nappa mint."

but it has a two tone mint green / grey - there is another E36 in Australia with the same interior and it has the same two tone leather - really peppermint green on the seats and more like a grey-green (ish) tone on the door cards and middle arm rest, just like my car.
    Last edited by Lowspot; 08-02-2023 at 05:26 PM.

My Cars
    08 328i|01 530i|96 328s
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowspot View Post
    Thanks mate ! According to VIN decoder, it's Nappa leather mint but it has a two tone mint green / grey - there is another E36 in Australia with the same interior and it has the same two tone leather - really peppermint green on the seats and more like a grey-green (ish) tone on the door cards and middle arm rest.
    Z1XX Upholstery Individual Collection: Nappa leather in Individual Collection colors Following items are in leather Nappa mint.
    Okay, it's kind of tough to tell from the pictures. I'm in my E36 right now, the interior hasn't been cared for as well as it should have been but it's still decent, this is the gray I mentioned.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
    Madeiraviolett Bf.C club member #001

1996 BMW 328is Madeiraviolett/Dove Grey: 5 Spd, Sport, Cold Weather & Premium Sound pkgs.
    3.5" ECIS/ITG intake -> Samco ASC Delete Boot -> DINAN TB -> M50 Manifold -> S52 Cams | Bav Auto Red-top ignition coils tuned w/ AA software, Dynomax Cats & Stromung exhaust UUC Pulleys & Clutch stop, FDM=Zionsville radiator, Mishimoto Tank, SAMCO hoses, Fidanza LTW flywheel & M3 clutch, UUC Evo3 SSK, 3.23 LSD, Koni/Eibach Adjustable Damper suspension, PUR RSM's & RTABs, CF Strut brace, UUC Swaybarbarians, Motorsport X-Brace, 17x8 Beyern Mesh wheels Hella CELIS projectors + 5k TRS HID's, Fog delete=Brake cooling duct, LTW wing, ///M Bumper & R. Diffuser
    CCA Member #382557

My Cars
    1998 M Sport Convertible
    Your's looks more like a white grey interior, a very nice colour ! I highly recommend "Colourlock leather cleaner" it's unbelievable how your interior will look like after just one treatment.

https://www.colourlock.com/Smooth-Le...ther-care-set/

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast