RM European Auto Parts

Thread: Please HELP ME! My Bimmer is FKUCED UP!

Please HELP ME! My Bimmer is FKUCED UP!

Hello and thank you for reading this...

I got those indiglo gauges put in my car by some guy at a shop. He installed them but now i have 3 different problems with my instrument panel and i need to fix them;

1) My SRS light is on now an flashes at me.

2) My odometer is screwed up. The light is not showing correctly. It looks like it is off and the miles are blank, but if i look closley, i can barely make out the miles. Im thinking a light is messed up in there.

3) Biggest problem. Recently when i was driving, my speedometer isnt working anymore? WTF!!!! It was working before, but tonight i turned on the car and drove back home from my friend's house. The MPH did not move at all, and was resting on that like black thing below 0 MPH. After driving a bit, it moved up to 20 MPH and stayed there until i arrived home. I pulled over and turned off the car, the MPG was still stuck on 20 MPH even with the car off!!!

Please someone help me fix these problems. Im gonna go back to the shop tommarow and tell them to fix it but if he doesnt know how, I dont know what to do and i need some advise please.

This really fucked up my day

Thanks everyone...

Retired Original
    BIMMERFORUMS
    Administrator
    My Cars
    BMW & Lexus
    It's almost impossible to say what the problem/s might be because no one knows what exactly the "shop guy" did when installing the indiglo gauges in your car.

Bob ///M3

My Cars
    BMW 325iSE 1993

Cool Shake the shop guy warmly by the throat and tell him to sort it out !!!

The shop guy f**ked it up so either get him to put it right or have him pay the bill to get it put right, you paid for a service from him and he did not do it correctly (could just be a dodgy connection) but the fact is he either did not do it properly or screwed up whilst doing it....so it comes down to him in the end, go and face up to him and get HIM to sort it out.

Good luck.
    Last edited by Des; 03-09-2002 at 05:47 PM.

325iSE
    Portsmouth. UK.
    "I have not lost my mind.....it's backed up on disk somewhere"
    If Utopia is just a state of mind, keep on dreaming.
    Born Lazy and probably tooo lazy to die!!!

My Cars
    E39 M5

Take your car back to the shop

Ask him in a polite but firm way to take a look and fix the problems with your gauge panel.

If you payed with a credit card, you have 90 days to complain to the credit card company?

Good luck

Let us know how it goes?
    Cheers

My Cars
    M5, E61
    for #2, it's probably just a bulb that burned out - have him replace it!

Being against Indiglo gauges in the first place, I don't know if I should help...

Anyway, for #3, it sounds like the face is floating up and hitting the needle. I think you can glue down the face a little more firmly. Or, you may have to bend the needle a little to get more clearance.

Or, you can take the stupid ricey things off and just throw them away...

Jim

My Cars
    I love turbos!
    This may sound dumb, but give you dashboard a good swat and see if things start to work after that, or if it helps out. If so, the guy probably messed up your SI board or your capacitors.

My Cars
    318ic, 318is
    you can take the stupid ricey things off and just throw them away...
    I can't help you. I have nothing technical to offer this discussion. I apologize.

I understand things are a matter of taste. Really, I do. But there are few things which bug me as much as those Indiglo displays. They're too bright (for me) for long-term viewing. When I'm cruising the highways at night at high speed (or jumping around the city, stop-and-go) I just LOVE the orange-on-black BMW displays. They give the eyes a rest. Indiglo irritates me.

I saw the display for the new 7er. Seems to be some bright silver / grey thing. Uck.

Why did I feel a need to share this? I have no idea. Thanks for bearing with me.
    <i><font size="-1">Go <a href="http://www.geektimes.com/michael/techno/wheels/bmw/1997-318ic/">topless</a>; wear <a href="http://www.geektimes.com/michael/techno/wheels/bmw/1995-318is/">leather</a>!</font></i>