Thread: Bimmers.com warning!!!

My Cars
    1989 e32 750il,1995 525i

Bimmers.com warning!!!

Do not buy anything from bimmers.com. I recently purchased a hvac blower fan from them and within 2 months it sounds like a cat in heat getting molested by a bear. The bad part is the least of the problem. There return policy supposedly says that I have to purchase another one and then return my defective unit to receive credit. They don’t pay for shipping of defective part back and they charge a restocking fee for taking bad part back. That’s why they make you pay for a new one so they can hold your return credit hostage and deduct whatever they can “ per their policy “. Don’t buy anything from these people.

My Cars
    1989 e32 750il,1995 525i
    Hello Mr. Ward,

I am very sorry that this issue has caused you such inconvenience. The warranty and return policies are clearly posted on the site. We are an e-commerce website and do business over the site exclusively. You are welcome to email or use live chat over the site to resolve this issue. The replacement order must be made before an RMA number can be issued. We can issue you a return label with the RMA once the replacement order has been processed. If you would like us to send the RMA number and label please place your replacement order as soon as possible. Any return label cost would be deducted from your return credit as per the site policy all return cost for defect are the customers' responsibility.

Thank you for choosing Bimmers.com!

Sincerely,
    Dean Bergeron
    Customer Service Manager

This is the response they sent me and no the terms of their return policy are not clearly stated on their site?
    Last edited by Helloball; 02-14-2023 at 07:16 AM.

My Cars
    86 E24 635; 93 E34 540i
    Check the consumer laws in your location. Their bullshit policy might actually be illegal.

For example, Australian Consumer Law requires that a retailer must provide a full refund for defective goods or goods that are not fit for purpose.
    A retailer cannot require you to purchase a new item before they will process a warranty claim.
    However, they are not required to cover return shipping costs - This is usually at your expense.

But... I don't like your chances with Bimmers.com - Looks like they've done a runner.