My Cars
    my brother's ti
    Quote Originally Posted by Haifisch M3 View Post
    Many years of trouble free operation and all of a sudden over boosting
    we have replaced waste gate, removed EBC and still over-boosting

any Ideas as to what else it could be?
    BOW?

thanks
    how do you know you are over-boosting? boost gauge i assume? im sorry i am not familiar with your build.

hows the vacuum line going to the waste gate? maybe replace it just to rule that out. could fail internally and easily be missed during visual inspection

My Cars
    M3TTst2Meth-K1300S-1100G
    Quote Originally Posted by E36M3LX View Post
    how do you know you are over-boosting? boost gauge i assume? im sorry i am not familiar with your build.

hows the vacuum line going to the waste gate? maybe replace it just to rule that out. could fail internally and easily be missed during visual inspection
    Typical TT bottom mount build
    new vacuum lines all around and still over-boost
    over-boost determined by 2 independent boost gauges (greddy EBC being one of them)

My Cars
    F90 M5; E36 M3 Turbo
    Could you have the wastegate hoses reversed assuming dual port WG? Could you have a boost leak occurring after the tap that feeds your gauge? Is the line to the WG from a source that would see boost (no check valve)?

My Cars
    M3TTst2Meth-K1300S-1100G
    Quote Originally Posted by pbonsalb View Post
    Could you have the wastegate hoses reversed assuming dual port WG? Could you have a boost leak occurring after the tap that feeds your gauge? Is the line to the WG from a source that would see boost (no check valve)?
    will check, thanks!

My Cars
    F80, E36, X3"M"
    I know you said you have done some of this, but you need to verify the basics:

- Verify the system will run gate pressure by eliminating the bc altogether and running a boost source only to the lower wg port. Leave top port open. If this does not work there is a hole in the line or a mechanical issue with the wastegate(sticking valve in china gate, undersized, flex coupling liner swelling closed).

- Most newer external wastegates have multiple ports to allow for ease of install. Make sure if there are multiple port options that one or more "redundant" openings aren't open therefore causing it to act like the line has fallen off or has a hole in it.

If this works in the configuration above you can then troubleshoot the ebc/lines/etc.
    97 M3 - 8.94@164 - 8 sec street machine, all BMW driveline, factory ECU
    02 M3 - 9.74@145 - Maximum PSI stage 2 turbo kit, stock motor, factory ECU
    16 M3 - 9.3@151 - Built motor/twins
    15 M3 - 9.2@162 - Built motor/single turbo/Ecutek
    BMW SOB's turbo E30 - 8.72@158.39
    follow our latest builds and upcoming events! - facebook.com/maximumpsi - instagram.com/maximumpsi

My Cars
    M3TTst2Meth-K1300S-1100G
    Quote Originally Posted by mike radowski View Post
    I know you said you have done some of this, but you need to verify the basics:

- Verify the system will run gate pressure by eliminating the bc altogether and running a boost source only to the lower wg port. Leave top port open. If this does not work there is a hole in the line or a mechanical issue with the wastegate(sticking valve in china gate, undersized, flex coupling liner swelling closed).

- Most newer external wastegates have multiple ports to allow for ease of install. Make sure if there are multiple port options that one or more "redundant" openings aren't open therefore causing it to act like the line has fallen off or has a hole in it.

If this works in the configuration above you can then troubleshoot the ebc/lines/etc.
    Thanks Mike
    yup, was the waste gate stuck...not only the original old one but the new replacement as well...
    Btw, the cutring h-gasket you installed 8-10 years ago held up perfectly even surviving multiple track days each year, and a 29psi over-boost event that fried a piston and bent 3 rods...