Thread: Injectors replacement for 2.7 ETA 86

My Cars
    1986 E30 Coupe 2.7 ETA

Talking Injectors replacement for 2.7 ETA 86

Hi. I recently bought 86 ETA and only thing I need to fix in engine is to replace two original injectors. I took them to injectors regeneration service and they told me that it is not possible to regenerate these because they are in horrible condition, so I need to buy two injectors but these are not possible to find in Poland neither used or new, so my question is which injectors will also work in 2.7 ETA 90kw so I would replace six injectors with newer ones, it would be nice if they will be injecting a bit more fuel than original ones to increase hp. If anyone used different injectors than original ones please respond and write injector part number. Thanks

My Cars
    82 320i 89 325i
    Quote Originally Posted by Minixtory View Post
    Hi. I recently bought 86 ETA and only thing I need to fix in engine is to replace two original injectors. I took them to injectors regeneration service and they told me that it is not possible to regenerate these because they are in horrible condition, so I need to buy two injectors but these are not possible to find in Poland neither used or new, so my question is which injectors will also work in 2.7 ETA 90kw so I would replace six injectors with newer ones

i think the stock rate was 14.5lb/hr. they are a low impedance injector, and can not be upgraded. e's do not make enough power to accept a higher rate injector. you will need to find a low impedance injector that fits the rail, 325i and most other injectors are high impedance.

would be nice if they will be injecting a bit more fuel than original ones to increase hp.

it doesn't work that way. you'd need to do a stroker, or extensively modify the engine, and change your dme, or go with a standalone tune or chip to make that happen.

If anyone used different injectors than original ones please respond and write injector part number. Thanks

search for bosch low impedance 14lb/hr injectors. they are out there. try bosch 0280150710 or 0280150727 as a guess. you'll have to replace them all as a matched set.
    Last edited by 82eye; 01-29-2023 at 12:31 AM.

My Cars
    1986 E30 Coupe 2.7 ETA
    Would 0280155823 Injectors work? They are giving the closest amount of fuel 150g/min at 3bars while original gives 141g/min at 3bars. They also got same length from o-ring to o-ring. I have read that it is okay to run high-impedance injectors in low-impedance system. Both 0280150710 and 0280150727 are almost impossible to buy as original ones.

My Cars
    82 320i 89 325i
    Would 0280155823 Injectors work? They are giving the closest amount of fuel 150g/min at 3bars while original gives 141g/min at 3bars. They also got same length from o-ring to o-ring.

they sound promising. i don't have enough experience with e's or injector options to answer conclusively.

I have read that it is okay to run high-impedance injectors in low-impedance system.
    i'm not sure they will even fire but you could try.

My Cars
    e21 320/6, e30 325e
    Sorry for barging in. I also have an ETA engine.

What determines the low impedance requirement of the ETA engine? The ECU?

Or something mechanical? People have been using the ETA bottom with the 885 head and a 325i ECU so anything mechanical on the block is not going to be the reason. And since the difference between the eta and 885 head is just the valve sizes, the only thing I can think of that determines the low impedance of the eta is the ECU??

If that is the case, maybe we could use the m20b20/b23 ECUs to be able to use the high impedance equivalent?

My Cars
    82 320i 89 325i
    Quote Originally Posted by dlguadiz View Post
    What determines the low impedance requirement of the ETA engine? The ECU?

mostly age of the vehicle and compression ratio. low impedance systems were the earliest / first developed. cars from the 90's forward were almost all high impedance as the avg cr kept rising. there will also be a resistor pack somewhere in the system with a low impedance injector.

super eta's with the 885 head use an i injector and ecu, and use an i piston with higher cr. the major difference is stroke / rods.

edit : low impedance injectors can actually provide more fuel per cycle. high impedance deliver less but on a higher duty cycle ... higher compression, more cam, more rpm etc. the difference is a higher strung motor as opposed to dumping extra fuel into added displacement.

it sounds counter intuitive, but a low impedance injector can actually be more efficient depending on the rate lb /hr, even if they can deliver more per cycle.
    Last edited by 82eye; 02-11-2023 at 07:14 PM.