Thread: Toyo Proxes RR track tire dealers besides Tire Rack

My Cars
    E46 330 ZHP, E36 328i

Toyo Proxes RR track tire dealers besides Tire Rack

Looking for 255/40R17 for my E36 M3 race car.
    Is their a cheaper alternative than Tire Rack ?
    Thank you

My Cars
    '95m3(Avus)/996tt/4.8is
    Phils tire service is very well regarded. Not sure how their prices match up.

My Cars
    1995 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by olemiss540 View Post
    Phils tire service is very well regarded. Not sure how their prices match up.
    I always order Toyo's from Phil's. Ask for the "toyo discount". You won't save a ton, or even much. But you call them, and order, and they might end up talking about cars and tracks and tires and racing and stuff.

My Cars
    2001 BMW M3
    We've been very happy with the pricing and service from TrackDayTire.com for Toyo, Hoosier and Continental.

https://trackdaytire.com/mvp-track-time-landing-page/

Feff

My Cars
    1996 BMW 320i Touring
    I realize this post is a couple weeks old, and the OP is from Canada, but for others in the US looking for Toyo RRs, Discount Tire also carries them.

It seems like pricing is pretty consistent across the board, so the convenience of a local storefront has been worth something to me.

My Cars
    1995 M3
    I've got a friend that has a dealer agreement with a tire distributor, and he gets tires "cheap" if ordered in bulk. So throw a few friends orders together, split shipping costs, drive 80mi round trip to get them from said friend......and by the end of the day, save just a few bucks.

So, yea, convenience and service get put in front of the narrow margins of the price delta you can find between dealers.

My Cars
    2001 BMW M3
    Quote Originally Posted by Franky goes View Post
    Looking for 255/40R17 for my E36 M3 race car.
    Is their a cheaper alternative than Tire Rack ?
    Thank you
    TrackDayTire.com for Toyo, Hoosier and Continental.

https://trackdaytire.com/mvp-track-time-landing-page/

Feff

My Cars
    E46 330 ZHP, E36 328i
    I ended up paying the tire rack price. It was the same everywhere it was available.

It's a fun tire to race but probably even better to DE as you can beat the hell of of it and it will never bite.
    It's not my style and it is probably 2 seconds a lap behind the Hoosier so I'm moving to Hoosier next year but keeping those as practice with a high entertainment value :-)

Thank for the help

NeilM is offline Member BMW E36 M3 Expert
    My Cars
    96 M3, 15 Golf R, 18 Q5
    Quote Originally Posted by RodanAZ View Post
    I realize this post is a couple weeks old, and the OP is from Canada, but for others in the US looking for Toyo RRs, Discount Tire also carries them.

It seems like pricing is pretty consistent across the board, so the convenience of a local storefront has been worth something to me.
    Note that Discount Tire acquired Tire Rack, effective the start of 2022. Haven’t checked to see, but I’d now expect them to carry much the same lines.

My Cars
    '95m3(Avus)/996tt/4.8is
    How do Toyo RR's compare to NT01s from ya'lls perspective? Similar characteristics just a bit shorter lifespan? Brother is considering them on a c8z06 for HPDE use strictly because of the wide sizing options available. Most of the other options would step down from a 345 to a 325 rear :-O

My Cars
    1995 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by olemiss540 View Post
    How do Toyo RR's compare to NT01s from ya'lls perspective? Similar characteristics just a bit shorter lifespan? Brother is considering them on a c8z06 for HPDE use strictly because of the wide sizing options available. Most of the other options would step down from a 345 to a 325 rear :-O
    RR handling characteristics are pretty similar to the NT01, just a bit sharper. Pretty forgiving and they don't give up quickly on the backside of the slipangle curve.
    My experience on lifespan, about 2/3rds the life span of NT01s. I'd expect maybe less on a car like the z06. (And nearly as much life on a car under 2500lbs.)