Thread: Well, it looks like they're getting ready to ban me from E60 M5 Forum

My Cars
    2010 BMW M6*2019 X3 M40i

Well, it looks like they're getting ready to ban me from E60 M5 Forum

I'm sort of joking but not really. I really don't care one way or the other because E60 M5 might be getting sold this weekend.
    That thing will do about 90 mph in 3rd gear so yeah...time to go or my CDL time to go...

So it seems that I offended few people there when I called the cone air filter a stupid upgrade.
    I've also said "OPEN" cone air filter in engine bay which means that it's pulling nice hot air from radiator and engine bay and robs power.
    Properly encased cone air filter or one located outside of engine bay as Dinan does is true Cold Air Intake as well as OEM typicaly is true Cold Air Intake.
    Anyway, I hope I don't offend anyone here as that's not my intention but I stand behind my statement as it's true not becuase I said so but this is one of fundamentals of internal combustion engines.
    2010 BMW M6 SMG Coupe * Black Saphire Metallic * Full Leather Merino Black
    2019 BMW X3 M40i * Alpine White * Mocha Leather
    Former:
    1997 BMW 532M (528i with 3.2 S52 engine from E36 M3 / 5 speed manual)
    1998 BMW 540i 6 Speed
    2003 BMW M5

My Cars
    Blown 528i, KE30, Pathy
    I would imagine folks who own E60 M5s knew better... oh well. It is a stupid upgrade and this is coming from someone who has one of those, but by necessity not by choice.

I recently got into a heated discussion in the CandlePower forums with some of the really radical headlight "experts". I was making a point about retrofitting old headlights with better projectors and newer tech (like I did with my E39) and all hell broke lose about beam patterns, legal/regulatory issues, etc. I was giving examples of cars for which new headlight assemblies are NLA and used ones are in a really bad state or extremely hard to find and that unless you take the retrofit route then your car, which is otherwise in good condition, becomes useless at night.

Some of the folks there seemingly live in lighting labs and have never seen even brand new cars with yellowed lenses, broken adjusters, misaligned headlights, etc.
    Last edited by crdiscoverer; 01-10-2023 at 07:37 PM.
    Resident Third World Country Advisor

My Cars
    528i, 525iT, M5
    Gee a known issue gets you flack. Ignore morons as they will always be the same regardless of info, life's lessons, hard hits in the head, etc. provided.
    Current Garage Highlights
    2003 525iT TiSilver
    2002 M5 TiSilver
    1998 528i KASCHMIRBEIGE METALLIC (301) (Goldie)

Former Garage Highlights
    2005 X5 4.8is
    2004 325iTs (2x)
    1973 Pantera L
    1971 Dodge Dart Swinger "Lite Package"
    1970 Dodge Challenger T/A 340 Six Pack Alpine White
    1970 Dodge Challenger T/A 340 Six Pack GoManGo Green
    1969 Road Runner 383
    1968 Barracuda Formula S 340 Sea Foam Green

My Cars
    '99 2.8&Mcoupe, '03 Mini
    I let my CDL go a couple years ago after having it for 38 years, and I only have an old school M Coupe. The CDL did help with a couple minor traffic stops though. Removing the aftermarket “ hot air” cone filter was the first item I put back to stock on the Coupe after finding an original airbox.
    -Donny

My Cars
    2000 740i/2003 530i
    That’s kind of stupid to get banned for that. I got banned from the Infiniti G37 forums for saying the G37 is like a 6/10 wife. Has good power but doesn’t handle well and makes you meals like a good wife, while the BMW E39 is a 9/10 stripper girlfriend that is amazing, handles great for the price, but will get you in trouble. I never understood why that is bad and still don’t. Maybe cause I criticized my own cars.

My Cars
    hiss by my window
    Quote Originally Posted by GZilla View Post
    That’s kind of stupid to get banned for that. I got banned from the Infiniti G37 forums for saying the G37 is like a 6/10 wife. Has good power but doesn’t handle well and makes you meals like a good wife, while the BMW E39 is a 9/10 stripper girlfriend that is amazing, handles great for the price, but will get you in trouble. I never understood why that is bad and still don’t. Maybe cause I criticized my own cars.
    I'm way past the age where criticism of my car offends, hell I've worn my house shoes in public. Don't like it? FU
    So then the E60 M5 might be analogous to an ugly woman who is a sexual athlete, best enjoyed in the dark.
    feel free to cross post this 540san
    Last edited by ross1; 01-11-2023 at 06:14 AM.

If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

My Cars
    2010 BMW M6*2019 X3 M40i
    Thank you guys for your support and to be fair, they may remove my account which they didn't yet and of course..who cares, lol.
    I understand we're all different and have different opinions but few guys there took it as I called them stupid personaly.
    Oh well...I know you guys gave me a hard time for owning the "Bangle Butt" and I gues I should've have got mad or something, lol.
    Back to E39 herd and hopefully E39 Gods won't punish me too hard for straying away...

My Cars
    98 540 6, SC'ed, 16psi
    Are the E60 guys all bent out of shape with you since your now selling after going to them for all the secret info on how to fix that trans issue and other special E60 M5 bits? In any event, it they think an underhood intake aftermarket filter is better than one mounted outside that hot space, then your better off getting out.
    98 540i 6, 525 whp, 120 mph 1/4, V3 Si S/C'er @16 psi, W/A I/C, Water/Meth, Supersprint Headers, HJS Cats, 3" Custom Exhaust, UUC Twin Disc, Wavetrac LSD, GC Coil Overs, Monoball TA, AEM FP, Aeromotive FPR, AEM Failsafe AFR/Boost, Style 65's w/275's, M5 Steering Box, Eibach Sways, M3 Shifter, Evans Coolant, 85 Deg Stat, PWM Fan, 10" Subs, B.A. speakers, Grom Aux/BT, Still Rolling as my DD!

My Cars
    2010 BMW M6*2019 X3 M40i
    Quote Originally Posted by philly98540 View Post
    Are the E60 guys all bent out of shape with you since your now selling after going to them for all the secret info on how to fix that trans issue and other special E60 M5 bits? In any event, it they think an underhood intake aftermarket filter is better than one mounted outside that hot space, then your better off getting out.
    Let me be fair and state that I'm partialy to blame as I did use words "idiot" and "dumbass" when reffered to the last owner of M5. I used them justifiably IMO as any person who does the number of things he did to such a great car, is an idiot and dumbass.

The problem is that few guys took it personaly as it seem they have those so called upgrades and atacked me for calling them personally those names.

The partial reason is also the fact that I proved one of their "internet chair experts" wrong with installing the suspension that not only works great but alignment specs are perfect. That really irked his inflated ego as kept stating it from begining as it wouldn't work properly and on and on about alignment specs etc...

No great loss IMO. I thanked to few guys who helped me there but I also contributed to the forum with 2 specific upgrades I came up with which they work and shared it with forum.

My Cars
    hiss by my window
    Maybe you offended one of these guys:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VN6KEggEEf8&t=5s
    The intake road seems to equate to butt dyno horsepower. Sort of like flipping the air cleaner lid over on Dad's Buick.
    Last edited by ross1; 01-11-2023 at 10:57 AM.

If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

My Cars
    2010 BMW M6*2019 X3 M40i
    LOL!
    It's amazing how people like to justify things:
    So, one of the posts defending the open cone filter in engine bay states that he read somewhere that these companies spent 100's of hours testing it and they concluded that over certain speed enough air gets to air filter and eliminates hot from radiator / engine bay from being sucked in...
    Yup, people will believe in what they want to believe...
    Maybe they ought to ask guy like Steve Dinan why did he move the cone filter under the car and outside the engine bay...

My Cars
    1999 323i/5 2002 540i/6
    Typical e60 driver mentality

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

My Cars
    '03 530i/5sp Sport
    Beam patterns???? They obviously don't appreciate the concept of "Let there be light" over there.

My Cars
    hiss by my window
    @ 540san And they will cart away your lifeless username in this:

https://www.carscoops.com/2023/01/bm...y-seen-it-all/