Thread: Recommendation for OEM Parts Vendor

My Cars
    2014 BMW 435i Coupe

Recommendation for OEM Parts Vendor

I apologize if this has been asked a million times before, but I'm struggling to find a single post on this topic which I find really odd.

Would someone recommend to me a reputable OEM BMW Parts vendor?

I was going to use BMWPartsdirct.com, but I felt uneasy about using them due to some bad reviews I found.

MauiM3Mania is offline Observer/Master Skeptic Moderator
    My Cars
    88M3 99M3 04M3 ITBx16
    Click on VENDORS which you will find at the top of all forum pages. Some great sources are listed.

Also, ask in the model specific sub-forum if you have questions about your 335i.
    04M3 TiAg 69k slick-top 3 pedal
    99M3 Cosmos 61k S50B32 euro 6Spd

88M3 AW 43k miles Project FS

WTB: 3.5" Eurosport/Conforti CAI

My Cars
    2018 BMW M240i
    FCPEuro is my go to parts supplier.

My Cars
    2009 535i, 2017 X5 40e
    I ditto MarcoZandrini. I have used FCP Euro for years and years. Great prices, great warranty and great service on the warranty.

My Cars
    1995 BMW M3 Coupe

Recommendation for OEM Parts Vendor

I also use FCPEuro, but I suggest shopping their prices against eeuroparts.com, ECS Tuning (which is also the parts store for Pelican Parts and Turner Motorports), and BMW Mobile Tradition Online (https://www.bmwmobiletradition-online.com/), and BimmerWorld.

In my experience you will find price differences, which may or may not justify the “Lifetime Warranty” that you get from FCPEuro.

One other consideration is that many of the above parts suppliers not only sell Genuine BMW parts but they also sell parts from a variety of OEMs, and with varying quality. So while you may save 50% over a Genuine BMW part by buying from an alternative supplier, you may be getting a marginal quality product. FCPEuro does a good job of providing background information for the parts vendors they utilize.
    Last edited by RBNetEngr; 01-02-2023 at 01:17 PM.

My Cars
    2018 BMW M240i
    To echo what RBN has written, FCPEuro typically shows you 4 parts when you enter a part #:
    - BMW logo $$$$
    - original equipment (OE) part was made by the supplier of the part to BMW) $$$
    - original equipment manufacturer (OEM) part was made by supplier of parts to BMW, but does not supply this part to BMW $$
    - aftermarket $

The installation of aftermarket cooling system parts is strictly verboten!

My Cars
    2015 BMW 535i
    Quote Originally Posted by RBNetEngr View Post
    I also use FCPEuro, but I suggest shopping their prices against eeuroparts.com, ECS Tuning (which is also the parts store for Pelican Parts and Turner Motorports), and BMW Mobile Tradition Online (https://www.bmwmobiletradition-online.com/), and BimmerWorld.

In my experience you will find price differences, which may or may not justify the “Lifetime Warranty” that you get from FCPEuro.
    ^This^ ....and what everyone else is saying above. My first stop is FCP then I'll price check w/ others and evaluate. ECSTuning, TurnerMotorSports, and GetBMWParts are my usual suspects for the "others" category.

Never forget Schmiedmann tho! Even with international shipping, they can be the best price. Just depends on the item.
    I got my OE Genuine BMW rear spoiler from them for 50% off!

https://www.schmiedmann.com/