Thread: Suck with coolant system

My Cars
    E46 touring 320d

Suck with coolant system

1 year old problem that it leaks at the top connector at radiator. I replaced this pipe twice, with a new one (always from a different manufacturer). It still leaks at the connector, but now on the plastic radiator stub (pic from the net, but my is the same). I think it's broken, because the connector often came off with difficulty.
    That's why I changed the radiator. NHF radiator, it's relatively cheap and they said it's good quality. It came with 2 drain connectors. One long and one short. This is a manual, so I used the short one. It leaking, the O ring seal leak it. This can only be removed by breaking the studs, so I couldn't use it afterwards. I had to use the long one, it has at least 2 O ring seals, top and bottom, i think it better. I taped the small hole (its not automatic, so i need this make). The gluing was very good, but it still leaks at the upper O ring seal... The bottom is is ok. Ok, I plugged the hole that leads to the automatic transmission cooling (here was the leaking), because that's where the water came out now. Now it doesn't drain around the drain plug. I filled the system (many times..) Now it continues to leak at the upper pipe connector. At the connector that was the very first problem. Of course, this is the third tube. Am I that unlucky or are these really that bad? Is it not possible to replace this connection solution somehow?

pipe2.jpgshort.jpglong.jpg

My Cars
    2011 BMW 328xi Auto
    Have you thought of replacing the radiator with an aftermarket Mishimoto? They're reliable and cool better. It's a bit pricey, but I'd rather pay the extra money than to deal with the stress.