I recently got a VEMS ECU and I can't get my car to crank. I have a 1998 323is (M52B25) and I'm using the plug and play ECU with the MAF and cam sensors disconnected as it suggests.

The weirdest part about this whole thing is that every time I reconnect the stock ECU it fires right up. I verified that the EWS was connected and it is, verified that the spark plugs and coils are good (pin on coils read 2x key voltage), and recalibrated the tps and wbo2. I am getting an error message for less primary triggers after I stop cranking it, but have ensured that the values for the primary trigger are correct by going through the forum. It also cranks a little low (about 150 RPM), I have a video of the gauges while I crank it but I'm not sure how to post videos here. Is there any way to confirm the primary trigger settings without disassembling the bottom end? And assuming I have all of that correct, what would be my next step?

The only major modifications I have are to the intake - CAI, SAP delete, ASC delete (I used a resistor to make the ABS light not appear, maybe something with this?), m50 manifold. I have all the minor ones such as coils and plugs too. I have not yet received the M50tu cam sensor, but running no cam sensor shouldn't be a problem.