2017 BMW 530i X Drive (G458321)

Need your help! The bluetooth in the car doesn't "load", when trying to activate or even select a phone it just shows "activating bluetooth" and hangs there or when I go to manage devices is shows "loading data" and won't load any previous connected phones. Also, won't let me see or select any previous phones connected. Also my navigation just shows "loading". So thinking the bluetooth module is "hooped"?

What I've done to try and resolve:
- reset the iDrive by holding in volume button. Tried this several times, with no luck.
- Disconnected the battery (for 30 minutes), and doing a reset after connecting the battery.
- tried to delete personal data. It won't let me delete previous personal data.
- tried updating software. Wont let me. Im running -MB-006.006.006 TB-006.006.006

Where is the bluetooth module in the car? Perhaps trying to unplug it and doing a hard reset after removing it from the system I thought might work - I just cant find the darn thing. But not confident this will fix it.

Thinking, I might need to replace the module but want to rule out everything before I do. So looking for your expertise and thoughts!
Also, if it does need to be replaced. Rather than doing the factory replacement, can I replace it with the bimmer-tech MMI? Or does the car require a working module?

THANK YOU ALL!