Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: End of an era...for me

allow me to chime in.....

I relate to this thread a lot...and I recognize many of the posters here...

Im officially a senior....yikes...and only last yr picked up a slick top sedan after 13 yrs of throwing an e30/s50 around tracks.

Im loving the e36 chassis........

and I too have a bad back( and Im a chiro..lol) and switching wheels /tires is really a pita these days.

You had a very sorted car...and prices are crazy strong now......good 4 u....

I ride bikes myself...

good luck

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RND1 View Post
    Sounds like 20 years of smiles to me. As someone just getting into Autocross with my 98 Estoril, what would you recommend for tires and mods that made the most difference?

the nut that fits behind the wheel....

Quote Originally Posted by RRSperry View Post
    Just this morning, I sold my last electric guitar. Why? Because I don't play it. So there I was with this young guy in the garage, and he's test playing it like it should be played, (and I really have no musical talent), and I was looking at the M3 sitting there next to the Corvette. I just don't drive it. It's time to go.. How to go about selling it? Bring a Trailer? Facebook ad? Just thinking about selling makes me dizzy... 27 years, and a lot of bloody knuckles... Maybe a package deal? The M3, all the BMW specific tools, the GT1, all the stock parts, the 5 speed transmission that's still wrapped up in plastic from when I put in the 6 speed? How do I value that? Ok, it's too hard, I'll stop now.

Gene, sorry to hear you sold yours, but I know EXACTLY what you were thinking.

pm sent...

and btw u do know prices are stupid now.....sell...if u really want to.....now is awesome

My Cars
    1997 M3, 2dr/5spd*
    Quote Originally Posted by RND1 View Post
    Sounds like 20 years of smiles to me. As someone just getting into Autocross with my 98 Estoril, what would you recommend for tires and mods that made the most difference?
    Tires, alignment (needs more front neg camber), suspension and lots of laps....eventually (12 years after I actually contemplated it) a swap to a 3.46 limited slip differential. Current popular street class tires are the Yokohama A052, Bridgestone RE-71RS and Falken RT660. Here's a good read for you, plus you should visit the Track & Autocross section of the forum.

https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/s...joe+nationwide
    Estoril/Modena '97 M3...sold for the second time.
    ------------------------------------
    You only live once, and I'm running out of time...

My Cars
    98 M3 Coupe Estoril/Blk
    Quote Originally Posted by Gene V View Post
    Tires, alignment (needs more front neg camber), suspension and lots of laps....eventually (12 years after I actually contemplated it) a swap to a 3.46 limited slip differential. Current popular street class tires are the Yokohama A052, Bridgestone RE-71RS and Falken RT660. Here's a good read for you, plus you should visit the Track & Autocross section of the forum.

https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/s...joe+nationwide
    Thanks Gene.

My Cars
    97 M3, 23 A5 Sportback
    Quote Originally Posted by RRSperry View Post
    Just this morning, I sold my last electric guitar. Why? Because I don't play it. So there I was with this young guy in the garage, and he's test playing it like it should be played, (and I really have no musical talent), and I was looking at the M3 sitting there next to the Corvette. I just don't drive it. It's time to go.. How to go about selling it? Bring a Trailer? Facebook ad? Just thinking about selling makes me dizzy... 27 years, and a lot of bloody knuckles... Maybe a package deal? The M3, all the BMW specific tools, the GT1, all the stock parts, the 5 speed transmission that's still wrapped up in plastic from when I put in the 6 speed? How do I value that? Ok, it's too hard, I'll stop now.
    After reading all this depressing talk about not driving our heaps and thinking about selling, I unplugged the battery tender, fired the bytch up tonight, pumped some air into the tires, and took her out for a highly spirited drive through my local canyon roads. Had that ish screaming through the gears, blipping the throttle as I toe-heeled into the sharp turns, and then opened her back up out of the apex. Dollar-for-dollar, I don't think there is any other car out there that will put such a big smile on my face when I get behind the wheel. Yeah....nope, not selling this baby anytime soon.

One of the last remaining members of the E36 M3 original owners club...a dying breed indeed.

My Cars
    F90 M5; E36 M3 Turbo
    I bought my 99 M3 in 2005 with 40k miles and it is at 140k now, but most of those were put on from 2005-2011 when it was my primary driver. When the E90 M3 came along (replaced a couple of years ago with the F90 M5), the annual E36 M3 mileage dropped to a few thousand per year. Now it is down to a couple of thousand. The E36 M3 needs to be restored in order for me to really enjoy driving it so I have to decide by whether to keep it or let it go. If I retire from my primary job next year, maybe I will restore it, but I also have a 2002 coming back from then body shop this year and am not sure I need 2 antiques. I have limited garage space and don’t really want to store cars at other houses because that makes them less accessible and then they will get driven even less.

My Cars
    99 M3, 01 F350
    Gene!!!!

Miss Hawaii and auto-x'ing out there with you and the crew. Sold TRAQRAT a few years ago, and just bought an e46 sedan for my step-son last month, that we are working through right now. Probably will end up in an E46 M3 sooner than later, as the "car bug" has hit me hard again. Glad to see you got paid what the car was worth though!

Calvin
    "Torque is like cowbell... you can never have too much." - Michael Cervi

My Cars
    1997 M3, 2dr/5spd*
    Quote Originally Posted by 99MPower View Post
    Gene!!!!

Miss Hawaii and auto-x'ing out there with you and the crew. Sold TRAQRAT a few years ago, and just bought an e46 sedan for my step-son last month, that we are working through right now. Probably will end up in an E46 M3 sooner than later, as the "car bug" has hit me hard again. Glad to see you got paid what the car was worth though!

Calvin
    Hey Calvin, good to hear from you, I miss those days also. Hope all is well with you and your family.

Gene
    Estoril/Modena '97 M3...sold for the second time.
    ------------------------------------
    You only live once, and I'm running out of time...

My Cars
    1999 M3 and 1990 Jetta G
    Quote Originally Posted by 99MPower View Post
    Gene!!!!

Calvin
    Calvin, good to see you posting. I hope you can find a car to have you enjoy it all again.
    TRM Coilovers 670F/895R | BBS LM | Corsa RSC36

My Cars
    99 M3, 16' x35d, 09 128i
    A lot of OG's posting again.

It feels like a lifetime ago that I started posting here.

I still have my Estoril. Its been without an engine for the last 5 years sitting in my garage with all the parts needed for an S54 swap with 420G.

Getting older, having a career job and 3 kids changes perspective on a lot of things.

Im going to build my e36 to be a nice quiet cruiser that I can take on Sunday drives.

I have an E46 M3 im building as well that I bought off a good friend of mine and that will assume track duty.
    Last edited by KnudsonsM3; 06-27-2023 at 12:04 PM.

My Cars
    e90 M3,X5,e46 racer
    Haha yeah ... I had the 95 M3 (#00097) race car, sold it. Had the 96 M3, alpine on modena, sold it (super regrets on that). had the 03 M3, carbon on cinnamon, sold it (more super regrets on that). Now have the e90 M3, and an e39 M5 I just picked up (stupid deal). And only e36 still left is an s54 swapped race car that is mostly disassembled waiting for my time. And we have the e46 race car, and now a WC e90 race car (oh, and some PoS C6 corvette race car, lol).

But for some reason, I only ever visit the e36 M3 section on this forum (and OT and track forums of course) ... just something about the e36 ... maybe it's the owners
    Check out the 8legs Racing page: https://www.facebook.com/8legsRacing/

My Cars
    skateboard
    Quote Originally Posted by ScotcH View Post
    Haha yeah ... I had the 95 M3 (#00097) race car, sold it. Had the 96 M3, alpine on modena, sold it (super regrets on that). had the 03 M3, carbon on cinnamon, sold it (more super regrets on that). Now have the e90 M3, and an e39 M5 I just picked up (stupid deal). And only e36 still left is an s54 swapped race car that is mostly disassembled waiting for my time. And we have the e46 race car, and now a WC e90 race car (oh, and some PoS C6 corvette race car, lol).

But for some reason, I only ever visit the e36 M3 section on this forum (and OT and track forums of course) ... just something about the e36 ... maybe it's the owners
    Scotch always good seeing you still posting on here, and still remember you posting when you bought my very 1st e36 m3. The tons of knowledge you’ve shared on here.

I’m on here less than I used to be, but still jump on here a few times a week. Still a great place for knowledge on these cars. I still have a e36 m3, and back to forced induction . Also a forever e30 m3 project, and e70d.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.”
    ― George Orwell

My Cars
    1999 M3 and 1990 Jetta G
    Well, that looks perfect.

My Cars
    1997 M3/4/5
    Quote Originally Posted by GG///M3 View Post
    Scotch always good seeing you still posting on here, and still remember you posting when you bought my very 1st e36 m3. The tons of knowledge you’ve shared on here.

I’m on here less than I used to be, but still jump on here a few times a week. Still a great place for knowledge on these cars. I still have a e36 m3, and back to forced induction . Also a forever e30 m3 project, and e70d.
    Supercharger? Car is mean, black on magma looks right. This almost makes me want to abandon my touring car dreams.

My Cars
    1995 M3 & 1998 M3 coupes

What size wheels are you running here to get those Brembos to fit? ARC-8? It looks fantastic. The whole car, not just the wheels

My Cars
    S54 E36 M3, E32 740il
    Quote Originally Posted by E85STI View Post
    What size wheels are you running here to get those Brembos to fit? ARC-8? It looks fantastic. The whole car, not just the wheels
    Haha, and I love that he photo-bombed his own picture, in his fishing boat with the dog!

My Cars
    skateboard

End of an era...for me

Quote Originally Posted by propcar View Post
    Well, that looks perfect.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlemango View Post
    Supercharger? Car is mean, black on magma looks right. This almost makes me want to abandon my touring car dreams.
    TRM turbo kit.

Interior is actually beige.

They 135 6 piston calipers. Arc8’s 18x8.5 slightly concave. Thanks bro it’s come a long way.

I’ll have make a build thread in the next few weeks .

Quote Originally Posted by blckstrm View Post
    Haha, and I love that he photo-bombed his own picture, in his fishing boat with the dog!
    . No boat, and no dog(one day).

Last edited by GG///M3; 06-27-2023 at 06:22 PM.
    “If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.”
    ― George Orwell

My Cars
    1995 M3 & 1998 M3 coupes
    Thanks.

They 135 6 piston calipers. Arc8’s 18x8.5 slightly concave. Thanks bro it’s come a long way.

I’ll have make a build thread in the next few weeks .

Thanks for the wheel info! Also, that interior is freaking gorgeous!

Last wheel related questions..... Do you have stock suspension or coilovers? And what offset are you running on them? ET30, ET35, ET40?

I'm done!
    Last edited by E85STI; 06-27-2023 at 06:35 PM.

My Cars
    skateboard
    Thanks. Bmw restored seats on Instagram did the interior . Sunroof delete headliner

― George Orwell

My Cars
    1995 M3 & 1998 M3 coupes
    btw, doing a build thread for your car would be freaking awesome!!

My Cars
    skateboard

Last wheel related questions..... Do you have stock suspension or coilovers? And what offset are you running on them? ET30, ET35, ET40?

I'm done!
    I’m on Koni inserts , H&R sports, and off sets are et38’s square

― George Orwell

My Cars
    skateboard
    btw, doing a build thread for your car would be freaking awesome!!
    Just gotta find the time to sit down, and get pictures sorted.

― George Orwell

My Cars
    1999 M3 and 1990 Jetta G
    You got the stance really dialed in nicely for just being on springs/shocks and 18's. Very well done. What size are those delicious Cup2's? Honestly the whole setup just looks like Porsche GT3 :
    Last edited by propcar; 06-27-2023 at 09:19 PM.

My Cars
    skateboard

End of an era...for me

Quote Originally Posted by propcar View Post
    You got the stance really dialed in nicely for just being on springs/shocks and 18's. Very well done. What size are those delicious Cup2's? Honestly the whole setup just looks like Porsche GT3 :
    235/40/18’s they do pretty decent with tires warmed up. Currently makes 420whp/416wtq at 8 psi. Which for me is about the perfect amount of power for twisties.

The gt3 was a bit of an inspiration .

Thanks

― George Orwell

RRSperry is offline Senior Moment Member BMW E36 M3 Expert
    My Cars
    95 ///M3sc, '21 C8 HTC
    How on earth did you get 420 whp at 8 psi? (oh, turbo, not spinning the SC I guess..)
    No matter where you go, there you are...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast