Thread: P210A - Throttle Actuator B Control Motor Circuit Open.

My Cars
    2013 BMW M3

P210A - Throttle Actuator B Control Motor Circuit Open.

Hello All,

I ended up getting a code in my E93:

P210A - Throttle Actuator B Control Motor Circuit Open..... I ordered a throttle actuator rebuild kit with the gears to rebuild both. But, in reading it sounds like it could be more than just that and something as simple as a throttle actuator connector.... Anyone have experience with this and what was your fix? Did you have to replace the accelerator pedal position sensor (APP)? Did you have to replace the actual throttle actuator's? What ultimately did you have to do?

Also, for tuning options, what site do you prefer or use for like performance/HP tuning flash kits and things of that nature? I seem to be having an issue finding them.....

My Cars
    2013 BMW M3
    Throttle Actuator gears replaced in both of them Bank A and B. So pretty much rebuilt..... Vanos sensors removed and cleaned out with brake fluid as instructed in other threads where this can cause the limp mode and issues. Battery tested at advanced and they said it shows signs of wear but it is fully charged and 12V at least and shouldn't be causing any sensor or power related issues at this point. I have noticed two things #1 when cold in the morning it takes a good while for the limp mode to kick in. Also after driving and sitting yesterday, I took the car last night and it went the longest it ever has without kicking limp mode in and there were literally ZERO LIGHTS of fault on the dashboard. Until I stopped and accelerated and then they came back. #2 I disconnected the gas pedal / accelerator and blew out the connectors and upon reconnecting I took the car for a test drive which no fault lights and it took a little for limp mode and fault lights to return. I read that it can be a defective accelerator sensor.... Wondering tips from anyone with what I have done thus far!