Thread: What is this BMW 328i part ???

My Cars
    2007 BMW328i

What is this BMW 328i part ???

Dear all - I saw this part which resides above the brake fluid compartment in 2007 BMW 328i. It has 3 small blue holes and it seems the cap is missing.
    Can any identify what is this? I think the missing cap is what causing the ABS indicator light on. Sorry folks. attached the photo shot
    now. See: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ibj...ew?usp=sharing
    Last edited by jimmybmw328i; 10-02-2022 at 04:09 PM. Reason: forgot to add photo link

MauiM3Mania is offline Observer/Master Skeptic Moderator
    My Cars
    88M3 99M3 04M3 ITBx16
    Hey Jimmy, welcome to Bimmerforums. Your message was moved to the sub-forum where your model is discussed.

Hope you get an answer soon!
    04M3 TiAg 69k slick-top 3 pedal
    99M3 Cosmos 61k S50B32 euro 6Spd

88M3 AW 43k miles Project FS

WTB: 3.5" Eurosport/Conforti CAI

dworthy is offline Wagon meister :) BMW Tech Expert
    My Cars
    16 220i 05 325it 05 M3
    That's just a dead plug, I think it supposed to be for an air quality sensor or something like that, has nothing to do with your ABS issues.

Pull the codes from the ABS module, then post them up word for word.
    Darin
    Current:
    16 220i Active Tourer Platinsilver MET (C08)/Dakota Black (PDSW), P7ACA, P7LDA, P7LHA, P9BDA, 6sp Manual - Wife's new toy!
    05 325it Electric Red(438)/Gray(N6TT) ZCW, ZSP 5sp Manual Back set cover, trunk mat, Euro Infra-Rot front windshield, and mud flaps! Mr. Wagon My new Winter car.
    05 M3 Imolarot II(405)/Gray(N5TT) ZCW, ZPP 6sp Manual C.F. Lip, CSL diffuser, SSK, Euro Infra-Rot front windshield and a trunk liner! Mr. Go_Fast Stored for the Winter
    Past:
    95 318is Montreal Blue Met (297)/Beige(K1SN) RIP, killed by an Idiot.
    84 M535i gray market Burgandy Rot Met/Black Leather Lowered by Intrax on bilies, poly everywhere, B&B cat back system, K&N, and a hitch! Da Beast - Still running w/400k+!
    91 316i euro Tizianrot/Gray cloth - E-36 w/M-40 RIP, but great on gas! Best was 38 MPG
    82 528i euro Saphire Blue Met/Blue Leather RIP
    79 525 euro Green/Green RIP
    79 318 Silver/Black - The first one that got it all started
    M-Flight Member

My Cars
    '94 325iC, '08 328i, E93
    I thought that plug was part of the pre-wire for an alarm system that the dealership installs, usually around the time of delivery to the original buyer. It's got nothing to do with the ABS, and the cover is exactly that, a plastic cover that has no electrical qualities at all. If you are thinking the part that's missing is some kind of jumper, it's not.

My Cars
    2007 BMW328i
    Hi,

I now got the pictures and also the code.

1. PIC 1 - My fusebox (seems 2 fuses are missing after my oil change..)
    i.e., FUSE 05 and FUSE 72 are missing. Pls confirm if I m right.
    SEE: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gVG...ew?usp=sharing

2 PIC 2 - The BMW note in my glove compartment that explains the locations of all the fuses.SEE: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1slY...ew?usp=sharing

3. PIC 3 - The BMW note in my glove compartment that explains errors and related fuses. My car shows
    the errors symbols of the first row top most left column.
    SEE: https://drive.google.com/file/d/14wL...ew?usp=sharing

4. PIC 4 - The fuse number and ampere rating of my BMW note in the glove compartment.
    SEE: https://drive.google.com/file/d/15hT...ew?usp=sharing

My OBD2 tool got 0 codes BUT when pressing on the left level on steering wheel, I got code CC-ID 24 but no clue what that means.
    I think the 2 fuses are missing and if it is safe, I will go ahead to put in new fuses (Fuse 5 - 20Amps)
    and (Fuse 72 - 15 Amps).

PS: There seems to be 2 spare fuses below FUSE 5. One blue 15A fuse and one yellow 20A fuse. Am I right???

Jimmy

===

Quote Originally Posted by dworthy View Post
    That's just a dead plug, I think it supposed to be for an air quality sensor or something like that, has nothing to do with your ABS issues.

Pull the codes from the ABS module, then post them up word for word.

My Cars
    16 220i 05 325it 05 M3
    Hey Jimmy, I keep getting this: Sorry, the file you have requested does not exist.

Most hand scanners will not read ABS codes, sometimes you will see a lost communications code in the DME to the ABS. I would recommend either taking the car to a shop who can scan your whole car, or look at getting INPA or ISTA+ to pull codes. You will have to be a little computer savvy to install either one, but the ISTA is a bit easier to use.

Darin
    Current:
    16 220i Active Tourer Platinsilver MET (C08)/Dakota Black (PDSW), P7ACA, P7LDA, P7LHA, P9BDA, 6sp Manual - Wife's new toy!
    05 325it Electric Red(438)/Gray(N6TT) ZCW, ZSP 5sp Manual Back set cover, trunk mat, Euro Infra-Rot front windshield, and mud flaps! Mr. Wagon My new Winter car.
    05 M3 Imolarot II(405)/Gray(N5TT) ZCW, ZPP 6sp Manual C.F. Lip, CSL diffuser, SSK, Euro Infra-Rot front windshield and a trunk liner! Mr. Go_Fast Stored for the Winter
    Past:
    84 M535i gray market Burgandy Rot Met/Black Leather Lowered by Intrax on bilies, poly everywhere, B&B cat back system, K&N, and a hitch! Da Beast - Still running w/400k+!
    91 316i euro Tizianrot/Gray cloth - E-36 w/M-40 RIP, but great on gas! Best was 38 MPG
    M-Flight Member

My Cars
    2007 BMW328i
    Hi - Here are the photos attached. Hope you all can see them now.
    I am almost certain that some fuses are missing, including 05, 72, and 25.
    If someone can provide insights, would greatly appreciate that. BWM drivers can
    unite to support each other, regardless how dealers behave... I love BWM cars

PS: The BMW dealers in the BAY AREA are not reliable, compared to the L.A. BMW dealers.
    Here, parts got swapped and changed without knowledge. Reliability is an issue.
    I prefer south bay (south California) BMW dealers. They are more honest.

PIC 1.jpgPIC 2.jpgPIC 3.jpgPIC 4.jpg
    ==
    Quote Originally Posted by dworthy View Post
    Hey Jimmy, I keep getting this: Sorry, the file you have requested does not exist.

Most hand scanners will not read ABS codes, sometimes you will see a lost communications code in the DME to the ABS. I would recommend either taking the car to a shop who can scan your whole car, or look at getting INPA or ISTA+ to pull codes. You will have to be a little computer savvy to install either one, but the ISTA is a bit easier to use.

My Cars
    16 220i 05 325it 05 M3
    So if you look really close to the fuse box, you will see that where the fuse goes, only 1 side has a metal tang, the other is missing. This is normal, they make the same fuse box for ever E-9x and would add in the other side of the tang for options purchased/bought. Also sometimes you will see that a wagon will have 1 or 2 more fuses than a sedan for say central locking.

As for the error symbols, that's the car telling you there's an issue with the ABS/DSC system and you need to pull codes from that module. If you have checked the fuses and they are all good, get the module scanned.
    Darin
    Current:
    Past:
    M-Flight Member

My Cars
    '94 325iC, '08 328i, E93
    Also, there are other systems that also use those fuses, and if they are working then the fuse is not needed. I reject the idea that the oil change place would take fuses out of your car, what you really need is a diagnostic scan that will tell you what happened, or is happening.