Thread: BMW changing package contents during build process

My Cars
    2023 iX M60 on order

Question BMW changing package contents during build process

Hey all, quick question here. I have taken over a previously ordered iX from a guy at my local dealer who canceled his order (despite the car already being built) when his chosen package was edited and he lost some of the options he wanted. He was able to move his deposit to another car. We get to see the completed car in person this week and if we don't dig it, we can move our deposit to another order and this one will be released to the general public. My concern is if we take that option and order a different car with different options. I have seen on other forums where people have ordered their cars only to be told that options they asked for are no longer available, the package contents have changed and they can get a discount for the cost of those components, or in one case a person was told that their only option was to cancel their order.

Is this common with BMW for ordered cars? Do the package contents change often, even on cars with locked-in with deposits and signed contracts? If this delivered car does not meet our needs, I am worried about ordering a new one only to have the same thing happen to us and to have our own order pushed out a few more months.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

My Cars
    bmw m440IX conv
    i placed an order for a m430ix convertible and a day later they told me i needed to order an M4401x to get the electronic pkg i wanted , i bumped it up to the 6 cylinder to get what I wanted [ i wanted on assisted driving] i couldn't be happier that 6 is fabulous. it was an extra 10g but glad it happened! i was also told due to chip shortage touch screen was not available but the car showed up with touch screen working. its a sh#$ show with chip shortages or at least it was.