Thread: Drivers side angel eye halo lights not working

My Cars
    2011 bmw 335i coupe

Drivers side angel eye halo lights not working

Hey guys so I’ve never posted on a forum before but here goes. So I have a 2011 bmw 335i coupe that I ended up getting into a hit and run a few months after having it. My insurance company would not cover the damages so I did most of the repairs myself. The headlight was completely smashed but all of the lights still worked on it. After a week the angel eye stopped working. I wasn’t surprised since the headlight was smashed. I eventually got myself a new to me headlight off eBay. I got it at a steal but it didn’t come with any modules or bulbs or anything. So I would have to transfer from my broken headlight. I did and it all worked. Except the halo lights. I replaced the module for it. Twice. I replaced other modules on the headlight. To no avail. Now I’ve read on forums that say my footwell control module could have shut down that circuit after a short in the system ie. having a smashed headlight. I believe that it is under the dash on the passenger side. Anyway my question is how do I know if that is the issue or if I just bought a bum headlight. And also would I need to get it flashed or replaced and if I replace it do I need to have it flashed to my car. And where could I get it flashed. I’m sorry I know this is long but I’ve never done this before and I’d really like to fix my car.

My Cars
    '94 325iC, '08 328i, E93
    Did you swap the light that works into the location of the light that does not work, and vice versa? This will tell you if the car is broken or just the bulb.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by JDStrickland; 09-30-2022 at 03:21 PM.